• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I vaguely remembered NoE tweeting about Mewtwo without both versions, but looking through their tweet history, I suppose I was mistaken.
However, the tweet I did find for Mewtwo is worded in such a way that it implies, fairly heavily, that Mewtwo will be available at a later date for some sort of sub-60$/40$ range.
I figured it would be available later, just that $7 seems a little bit too pricey, as mentioned above by Ruin. $5 is standard for almost every fighter not made by ASW.

Anyway, have some more Roy comics.

comic379_zps31deed6c.png

Guys there is no reason to believe you can't purchase Mewtwo separately if you don't own both games, don't even suggest that.

Also there has never been any hinting at pricing for him as far as I'm aware.

You know, that Pokemon stage doesn't look nearly as bad to play on as I once thought it did.
(Plus a little fox on the side)

After seeing gameplay, I could honestly see this as counter-pick.
The Hazards seem fairly well telegraphed (and in some cases, almost non-entities), which is better than some of the Brawl stages that we had to deal with. It may get #BANNED, but I don't think it's automatic in this case.

I think my favourite part about this whole thing is the ridiculous McGyver-ian setup that they had for this.
If Sky's claims about the setup are true, than they had:
-Another GC adapter, plugged in via the back USB ports,
-A second screen in the back for Competitive Player X to see through,
-Some sort of input-splitter for the Wii U to link to said second screen,
-And some way of disabling the kid's port/controller,
All for some attempt at viral marketing that completely blew up in their faces.
It would be funny, if it weren't also so tragic.

Who the hell am I kidding, it's still really funny.

From what I hear Karissa's getting quite a bit of shit over it, so I can't find it all that funny.
And it's the internet, so logically no one wants to treat this ten year old girl like a human being for daring to be a part of this, let alone treat her like an actual ten year old girl.

she's a fake gamer girl obviously
gotta get all of those off the internet, you know

From what I hear Karissa's getting quite a bit of shit over it, so I can't find it all that funny.
And it's the internet, so logically no one wants to treat this ten year old girl like a human being for daring to be a part of this, let alone treat her like an actual ten year old girl.

From what I've been seeing, the players are the ones getting the most shit for this... well, I hesitate to call it a 'scandal'. Incident, maybe? Yeah, incident is a good word.

Then again, I don't tend to follow bullshit arguments on twitter, so maybe I'm just dumb.
In any case, if there are people attacking the ten-year old for pretending to win in Smash to make other people sweet sweet Gamestopᵀᴹ Powered Up Reward Pointsᵀᴹ, then this world is officially ridiculous.

You'd be surprised how bad the internet can get sometimes.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
This is just the next step in the evolution of the species Reticulum pedicabo.
Soon they'll be slinging shit at retirement homes.
Truly a beautiful species, that one.

If something happened and you were involved you get death threats over it.
It's how the world works.

You know, that Pokemon stage doesn't look nearly as bad to play on as I once thought it did.
(Plus a little fox on the side)

Looks good for casual play, I like it.

Steel Chamber liquid pool/Dragon Chamber in general kill it competitively though.

zlCfzSozFBw_0Wc5zX

"Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast."

zlCfzSozFFoXpUQG74

"The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores."

Single-Player only, huh? Clearly it's Shulk only too, considering he's the only person they've showed fighting it. =P

Guys, guys, guys. I just came in the thread to say that...I love DuckHunt Duo. So fun to play as them. o.o Does anyone feel the same?
That's all.
goesbacktostudying

So, I've recently been practicing with a few characters, namely Bowser and WFT, and I have a few questions for both of them.

Bowser: Why the Hell do people not control away from the ledge? Like, good players, even. I fought a Jigglypuff, and they won the first match, but then they just didn't move away from the ledge, and I won and they left. It's not even counter-intuitive; don't want to go off the edge? Then hold away from the goddamn edge! Almost makes me feel guilty about winning with that, because people seem to be unable to handle that.

WFT: Why don't more people play this character? I mean that sincerely; she doesn't seem that bad. There are a few weird things that are hard to get used to, but I can see her being okay.

That's pretty much the case. I feel like I will be a lot more comfortable going for off-stage kills on the console version, when I don't have to worry about lag or the 3DS controls getting me killed.

The issue with Wii Fit Trainer is her/his hitboxes are absolutely tiny.

Guys, guys, guys. I just came in the thread to say that...I love DuckHunt Duo. So fun to play as them. o.o Does anyone feel the same?
That's all.
goesbacktostudying
But its a trio, not a duo.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
But its a trio, not a duo.

I think you have a point there but don't you find them amazing to control??? I usually main Peach only but Duckhunt Duoooo. Omggg, I have way too much fun!! lol I don't think my opponents find it fun though. :Y

I'm trying to use Rosalina but she's a lil too floaty. I really wanted to use Megaman since his reveal but...he feels awkward as shiz. :l

So, uhh,

WE GOT WAVE-DASHING
BOWSER CONFIRMED TOP-TIER
WAVE-DASH HYPE
RIOTS IN THE STREETS
RIOTS IN OUR HEARTS
IT'S MELEE TIME BABY
OHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH

Oh also Alex Strife is apparently resigning from the Apex staff.

BUT WAVE-DASH LETS GO

So, uhh,

WE GOT WAVE-DASHING
WAVE-DASH HYPE
RIOTS IN THE STREETS
RIOTS IN OUR HEARTS
IT'S MELEE TIME BABY

BUT WAVE-DASH LETS GO
NO ITEMS BOWSER ONLY FINAL DESTINATION
LET'S GO BAYBEEEE

So, uhh,

WE GOT WAVE-DASHING
WAVE-DASH HYPE
RIOTS IN THE STREETS
RIOTS IN OUR HEARTS
IT'S MELEE TIME BABY

BUT WAVE-DASH LETS GO

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Technically it's closer to wavelanding, as it requires the guy to actually jump.

But this'll probably cause Bowser to jump a few spots in the tier list if custom moves are allowed.

Technically it's closer to wavelanding, as it requires the guy to actually jump.

Yeah, I know; I initially wrote that little joke thing with wave-landing, but it just felt less comedic, which was the real reason for that tirade.
Also the video itself calls it wave-dashing, and more people are likely to recognize that term.
Though the video's creator has coined the term 'wave-slashing' for this particular AT, which I am going to call it from now on because puns.

NO ITEMS BOWSER ONLY FINAL DESTINATION
LET'S GO BAYBEEEE

OH YEAH
YEAR OF MELEIGI
LETS GO
GG LIFE
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.playiridium.com/NeoGAF/neogaf5.mp3

More seriously that's just cool.

Damn right it is.
In honor of the amazing coolness of this, I have created this short informational tutorial on how to play Bowser.
Everything you need to know and more in this one minute and twenty-one second match.
Enjoy.

Aw shit son, wave 3 confirmed. Still no Ness or Robin, but hey, we got Mega Man, Sonic, and Shulk.

B2ITm15CAAAC7dI.png

Reactions: musica
Dedede and Meta Knight look the best. It's kinda hard to screw up the more cartoonish characters.

But Rosalina looks like poop. She's not even looking at Luma.

There's a close up of Ike's around
the face is kinda flerp, but he looks better than Marth that's for sure
please let him stay that way

Aw shit son, wave 3 confirmed. Still no Ness or Robin, but hey, we got Mega Man, Sonic, and Shulk.

B2ITm15CAAAC7dI.png

Wonderful. 3rd party amiibos confirmed, and Shulk already? Megaman and Shulk will be mine. Shulk doesn't even look as bad as I expected, and Megaman looks spot on.

Hoping for Ness in the next wave.

Reactions: DDB
If I buy 2 Dededes will they become the Ice Climbers

Reactions: Φ
If I buy 2 Dededes will they become the Ice Climbers
If I buy Ness and paint his hair yellow will he become Lucas?

If I buy Ness and paint his hair yellow will he become Lucas?

Son,
I have bad news.
That thing on Ness' head, it isn't hair.
I-It's a hat.

I meant under his hat.

I meant under his hat.

What do you think this is Barbie or some shit, you can't take the hat off.

I can paint the hair under it.
And dream.
Dream of the day Lucas makes his return
With the Ice Climbers.

I'm so giddy about the Ness Amiibo. He's got like the most simple face out of everyone, they couldn't possibly fuck it up right? I hope it somewhat resembles this classic beauty.

ness_box.preview.jpg

I can paint the hair under it.

Silly phi, Lucas doesn't wear a hat.
He's got that slick pompadour.
His pompadour regularly gets in fights with Groose's pompadour to determine who's pompadour is truly superior.

Reactions: musica