• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Watch them fuck it up.

Silly phi, Lucas doesn't wear a hat.
He's got that slick pompadour.
His pompadour regularly gets in fights with Groose's pompadour to determine who's pompadour is truly superior.
Ujustwannafiteme

Ujustwannafiteme

Do you too have a slick pompadour that wishes to do battle with my slick pompadour?

I wish... sadly I have is curly hair...

Alpha pompadour.

Wait, how is the G-dubs Amiibo gonna work.

I bet Jiggs Amiibo will be best Amiibo.

Villager first, then go for Ike, Sonic and Shulk, then wait until Ness gets his, then I buy all of them anyway eventually because I have no reason not to

Anyway, Wii U commercial, with Announcer Xander at it again

EDIT: Miiverse

zlCfzSpAIjAVXkGOca

"Pic of the day. In earlier Smash Bros. games, the Temple served as a prototypical large stage. Now it's remastered beautifully in HD."

zlCfzSpAIpEHU6A4kq

"The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors."

Apparently, if you translate the text through Wind Waker's Hylian, it reads "Smash Brothers" in Japanese.

Last edited:
I'd rather Kumatora be the next rep for Earthbound/Mother series before Lucas comes back.

My dream Mother rep was, and still is, Duster.
I mean, they already made his moves for you.
Like, most of his Smash moves can be lifted from his game.
All of his specials, maybe some of his smashes, probably even his grab followups.
The only problem I saw for him in Brawl wad that, canonically, he should really be the one with the Rope Snake.
But now that Lucas is out from the roster...

I think they might de-buff Samus' Charge Shot this time around. I swear it didn't deal 25% when the game came out.

Isn't it a bit early to be balancing? Unless they're just fixing hitboxes(which they should totally do), there hasn't really been time to determine who's OP or UP. I mean, sure there's Luma's respawn timer, and maybe they could do something about bouncing fish, but I doubt there will be any HEAVY work done on most fighters.

Yeah, some of the hitboxes are absolutely ridiculous. Though I guess that's been a staple for Smash for a long time now.
I remember seeing Robin's down air, and that's just embarrassingly bad.

What really bug me are Marth's attacks. I swear his fair doesn't hit at all if you're too close, and I'm not sure I like the way his dair works.

I've heard Meta-Knight's got weird boxes, too, so maybe the Sm4sh team just doesn't like swords.

Ok, so I have a predicament... My father sent me New Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U out of the blue today. The problem is that I already have those games and he didn't bother to ask before sending them. They're also unopened, and gamestop won't accept unopened games.

What heck do with these games? I want to put credit towards smash bros, but nobody is buying this game anymore.

I've been screwing around with Palutena and come to a conclusion. Default Palutena is practically the worst character in the game, but if you stick custom moves on her, she becomes AMAZING.

I've been running Explosive Flame/Superspeed/Warp/Lightweight and it's ridiculous.

Ok, so I have a predicament... My father sent me New Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U out of the blue today. The problem is that I already have those games and he didn't bother to ask before sending them. They're also unopened, and gamestop won't accept unopened games.

What heck do with these games? I want to put credit towards smash bros, but nobody is buying this game anymore.

ebay-logo-02.jpg

Keep the cases in case you need to replace the case for another Wii U game in the future, and use the discs as decorative drink coasters.

And recycle that plastic and paper, you walking carbon footprint.
Er... carbon foot?

Like I said, no one is buying the game so ebay is pointless really.

And that second suggestion sounds fun actually so I'm down for that.

Default Palutena is practically the worst character in the game

I have to disagree with this statement; default Palutena is bad, but there are so many characters that are way worse.
Like, Olimar, WFT, maybe even Meta Knight and Ike, Bowser Jr., maybe; there are just so many characters worse than her.

Get the receipt try to return them for another game, perhaps? Otherwise, yeah, ebay.
Or give them to me because I don't have them and you love me

I have to disagree with this statement; default Palutena is bad, but there are so many characters that are way worse.
Like, Olimar, WFT, maybe even Meta Knight and Ike, Bowser Jr., maybe; there are just so many characters worse than her.
WHAT?
Bowser Jr is NOT bad. At all. I can easily see him at A tier in the final tier list. His side B and his down B are amazing.

Last edited:
Gigantic Ness nerfs imminent. I'm crying a little bit inside.

But Ness isn't even used that much.

Ness is SSS tier in my heart and soul and Sakurai would definitely take that away from me.

I very much doubt Ness will get nerfed; he isn't played much online, and even then, he's not actually that good. I mean, he's alright, but he still isn't good enough to warrant any major nerf.

I can, however, see some nerfs to easy characters.
Bowser in particular.
They'll probably kill his bowsercide because nobody knows how to fucking DI.

I want Ike to be a bit better
they donked him bad since brawl for no real reason

I can, however, see some nerfs to easy characters.
Bowser in particular.
They'll probably kill his bowsercide because nobody knows how to fucking DI.
And they'll likely get rid of wave-slashing.

And they'll likely get rid of wave-slashing.
I don't know about that.
They seem to be under a mindset where the default sets should be well balanced while the custom sets are anything goes. That coupled with the fact that people actually LIKE wave-slashing as an AT, I think it's safe for now.

My dream Mother rep was, and still is, Duster.
I mean, they already made his moves for you.
Like, most of his Smash moves can be lifted from his game.
All of his specials, maybe some of his smashes, probably even his grab followups.
The only problem I saw for him in Brawl wad that, canonically, he should really be the one with the Rope Snake.
But now that Lucas is out from the roster...
I would love that too. Having a non-PSI Mother character would be awesome. And all the tools Duster has would make for a unique character.

And after thinking about Kuma a bit, maybe have her as an alt skin for Ness. Maybe change the bat to a pan(I believe that was one of her weapons) but I don't know what they could do with the Yo-yo.

I would love that too. Having a non-PSI Mother character would be awesome. And all the tools Duster has would make for a unique character.

And after thinking about Kuma a bit, maybe have her as an alt skin for Ness. Maybe change the bat to a pan(I believe that was one of her weapons) but I don't know what they could do with the Yo-yo.

Having Kumatora would make no sense since almost all of Lucas's moves are stolen from her, kind of like Ness steals from Paula/Poo.

I'd love her as an AT though.

To be fair to Lucas, both he and Kumatora have so many powers between the two of them that you could give Lucas a brand new moveset and STILL give Kuma an original moveset

Which is why they should do that

Boney was, no joke, my second favourite character for the needle chapter, gameplay wise.
He's just so... fast.
Like lightning, even.

Ness's Dad phones it in?

Reactions: Lexeous