• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

zlCfzSskxjUczlXaYp

"Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly."

zlCfzSskxuoQgJOBsE

"You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons."

TL;DR
#BANNED

for someone who got all bumsore about people making Roy jokes you seem pretty intent on continuing that joke there

for someone who got all bumsore about people making Roy jokes you seem pretty intent on continuing that joke there

It's not a joke.
It's a way of life for us unfuns.

i remeber playing that stage before, it was interesting.
more so i can't wait for legal tourney custom stages sicne those will be cool.

There is a possibility for tourney legal custom stages once stage sharing is a thing, but that may still not be enough for that sort because of Nintendo's hilariously outdated internet policy.

i remeber playing that stage before, it was interesting.
more so i can't wait for legal tourney custom stages sicne those will be cool.
It's actually one of my favourite stages strangely. A lot of fun to circle camp with friends on :P

SmashU's stage roster makes 3DS's look like a joke. The only one I don't really like in SmashU is Orbital Gate and 75M if it counts.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Smash Wii U doesn't have Magicant though, so it's automatically worse.

The only one I don't really like in SmashU is Orbital Gate and 75M if it counts.

75m totally counts,
but more importantly
GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE.
AKA New Pork City but somehow even worse.
I feel like I have a slightly higher than average tolerance for non-tourney legal stages, but goddamn, that stage is not good.
Easily my least favourite in the game, maybe even my least favourite in the whole series.

75m totally counts,
but more importantly
GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE.
AKA New Pork City but somehow even worse.
I feel like I have a slightly higher than average tolerance for non-tourney legal stages, but goddamn, that stage is not good.
Easily my least favourite in the game, maybe even my least favourite in the whole series.
Shutcho mouth boy. Great cave offensive is ridiculously fun. What went wrong with you that you can't enjoy that stage?

Easily in my top 5 and I'm a tourneyfag.

Oh yeah, Palutena's Temple is the real offender for "WAY TOO HUGE" stages.

Reactions: 8-Bit Templar
I agree on that one. It is far too large. Like the bit over on the top left that occasionally drops down from the heavens. Never even got close to that area. It might as well just stay in the heavens.

But the area in the bottom left is super fun. Throwing people into the spike ball has its merits.

Lookit these scrubs.
I bet they don't even only play Omega Mode stages like all of us totally competitive players do.
That Sakurai fella sure knows what's up with all the only FD stages that I play.

So I beat 9.0 Classic with Jigglypuff. Feels good, man. Also beat 8.5 Classic with Game & Watch. Just one more character to find to beat Master Fortress.

Oh yeah, Palutena's Temple is the real offender for "WAY TOO HUGE" stages.

I tried Palutena's Temple in an 8 player smash with friends. After that we all agreed to never play it again. It's awful, even without considering the fact how fucking big it is. There's just random shit scattered everywhere. A spring? Why not? Random moving spikes? Sure! Unable to see if you're at the bottom of the stage yet? Of course!

Well unfortunately runaway opponents exist and they're the reason large stages are banned. *shrug*

I've been hearing about this weird glitch with pac-man in 8 player smash. Does anybody know what it's about?

So I beat 9.0 Classic with Jigglypuff. Feels good, man. Also beat 8.5 Classic with Game & Watch. Just one more character to find to beat Master Fortress.
Question. How do you survive the Master blob's roar attack thing? The one that sends you off screen whenever he uses it? Because I've died every time he uses it and can never kill him before he uses it twice.

Shutcho mouth boy. Great cave offensive is ridiculously fun. What went wrong with you that you can't enjoy that stage?

Easily in my top 5 and I'm a tourneyfag.

It's not so much about being a tourneyfag, but about being mentally deranged enough to enjoy a stage in which grab-throw kills 90% of the time, and the 10% of the time when it doesn't, nothing will because that entire stage is one greatly offensive Cave of Life.

Question. How do you survive the Master blob's roar attack thing? The one that sends you off screen whenever he uses it? Because I've died every time he uses it and can never kill him before he uses it twice.

The same way you did when Tabuu did it: spot-dodge.

have u considered
cuttin loose
havin fun maybe
sounds like a foreign concept i know but
i think u can do it if u try hard enough, my friend

have u considered
cuttin loose
havin fun maybe
sounds like a foreign concept i know but
i think u can do it if u try hard enough, my friend

Do you even see my title?!
Do you even have your eyes?!
Fun is weakness.
Fun is pointless.

Fun
Is
The
Enemy.

I can see your title.

But can you see mine?

Why?
What a very interesting question.
So simple, yet so very complex.
Perhaps... perhaps I need to step back and ask myself that question.
Why?
Why am I so angry?
Maybe I should just take a step back and
breath.
Maybe... maybe I should just learn to have fun.
Yeah... yeah! No more putting peoples opinions on blast, because opinions and preferences are what makes us human!
Thank you!
You've brought a ray of, ahem, sanity, to my mad little world.
You da real MVP.
You're my number one.
Heartwarming statement that expresses both thanks and happiness.

Yea, that attack really fucked me up on my earlier attempts when playing as light characters. You have to be very aware of when it's coming (it's when he's holding his head like he has a migraine) and then immediately move directly towards him. If you have any outward momentum you will die on 8.0+ when playing as a light character. If you're on the ground and running towards him it's even better, because most of the brunt of the roar is eaten up by the stage and you only get sent to the edge of the stage.

The same way you did when Tabuu did it: spot-dodge.
Well Tabuu's evil rings of death had a significant and iconic start up time allowing for ample time to get ready. With this guy, it's just "attack attack ROAR whelp I'm dead". To top it off, Jiggz is too floaty so getting to the ground after noticing a minute startup animation is a little tricky. Mind you I've fought this guy a total of 2 times so far so I just need to practice a bit.

Yea, that attack really fucked me up on my earlier attempts when playing as light characters. You have to be very aware of when it's coming (it's when he's holding his head like he has a migraine) and then immediately move directly towards him. If you have any outward momentum you will die on 8.0+ when playing as a light character. If you're on the ground and running towards him it's even better, because most of the brunt of the roar is eaten up by the stage and you only get sent to the edge of the stage.
I have no idea wtf he's doing almost 90% of the time. It's just a massive black mess that I can't really make sense of. Playing it a bit more will likely help me recognize moves when they come but for now it kept owning me.

Is rolling towards him a good option too? I'd like to take as little damage as possible.

Well Tabuu's evil rings of death had a significant and iconic start up time allowing for ample time to get ready. With this guy, it's just "attack attack ROAR whelp I'm dead". To top it off, Jiggz is too floaty so getting to the ground after noticing a minute startup animation is a little tricky. Mind you I've fought this guy a total of 2 times so far so I just need to practice a bit.

I have no idea wtf he's doing almost 90% of the time. It's just a massive black mess that I can't really make sense of. Playing it a bit more will likely help me recognize moves when they come but for now it kept owning me.

Is rolling towards him a good option too? I'd like to take as little damage as possible.

I'm in the air 90% of the time as Jigglypuff, so I'm usually airdodging. I can go over how to dodge every attack (of the first form) though:

-He does a swipe across the stage: air dodge a second after the swipe
-He is holding his head with his hands, jerking around, and a purple light starts to form on his head: Start moving towards him and the ground as quick as possible
-A reddish light ball forms on his head: Start floating off stage, that reddish light ball is about to come towards you and grab you, you need to float around it when it does.
-A bunch of purple-ish orbs form on his head: Move slowly around the stage, he's about to smash those onto you. When he stops moving, roll away and then the orbs will separate. Try to get away from the orbs, but if you can't, shield to absorb the incoming lasers.
-A bunch of energy balls form near the top of the stage: Jump offstage, he's about to lift the entire stage towards those energy balls. Just float around down there till he drops it back down.

Master Giant is probably the most involved of the forms, since you have to actually move out of the way of most of his attacks rather than just do an airdodge/roll, so I can understand you having trouble with him. I died on him a lot in my earlier attempts.

It appears Smash 4 has had a very significant change to it's art style:
ldwKCgk.jpg
G01sHGj.jpg

For context, a dude on r/smashbros was playing a match with his friends, and one of them picked up an Assist Trophy, it was Nintendogs, and when it left, Smash 4 became a PS4 indie game.
In summary,
nindentog oP, pl0x noRf.

who made that stage

I love them forever now

even if it is not competitively viable at all

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
That must've taken days, the stage editor can be a little aggravating when you're trying to do detail work and decorative stuff.

zlCfzStZN9gkj_OMVD

"Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging."

zlCfzStZOOsN1G68Lr

"On the other hand, the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky."

Master Orders and Crazy Orders are incredibly fun. If you haven't checked them out yet, I highly recommend you do so.

I'm in the air 90% of the time as Jigglypuff, so I'm usually airdodging. I can go over how to dodge every attack (of the first form) though:

-He does a swipe across the stage: air dodge a second after the swipe
-He is holding his head with his hands, jerking around, and a purple light starts to form on his head: Start moving towards him and the ground as quick as possible
-A reddish light ball forms on his head: Start floating off stage, that reddish light ball is about to come towards you and grab you, you need to float around it when it does.
-A bunch of purple-ish orbs form on his head: Move slowly around the stage, he's about to smash those onto you. When he stops moving, roll away and then the orbs will separate. Try to get away from the orbs, but if you can't, shield to absorb the incoming lasers.
-A bunch of energy balls form near the top of the stage: Jump offstage, he's about to lift the entire stage towards those energy balls. Just float around down there till he drops it back down.

Master Giant is probably the most involved of the forms, since you have to actually move out of the way of most of his attacks rather than just do an airdodge/roll, so I can understand you having trouble with him. I died on him a lot in my earlier attempts.
Yeah I was able to easily adapt to all those with the X-bomb purple blobs being the most difficult besides the insta-kill roar. I wish I had more free time to try these techniques out. Too many papers!

Counters, man.
Counters are like the best for the Hands and Giant forms.

Played the Wii U version recently, my first time playing Smash 4 at all, and I was surprised by how much I liked Shulk. He might be my favorite new character.

Counters, man.
Counters are like the best for the Hands and Giant forms.
Except the Challenge specifically says Jigglypuff.