• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Me and Olimar were like that.
Just explain to her that you want a new main, and that you two can still play and she can still be a counterpick, but it'd be best for both of you if you sought out other people. Or pokemon. Or anthropomorphic animals. Or regular animals. Or robots. Or shapeless masses of destruction. Or interdimensional immoral beings.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
I had to explain to Olimar that he was just a shell of what he used to be.

Lucas just up and left me...

Well I didn't wanna mention Lucas or Ice Climbers, who are nowhere to be seen.

Me and Olimar were like that.
Just explain to her that you want a new main, and that you two can still play and she can still be a counterpick, but it'd be best for both of you if you sought out other people. Or pokemon. Or anthropomorphic animals. Or regular animals. Or robots. Or shapeless masses of destruction. Or interdimensional immoral beings.
She's offered changing to fit a play style I want but I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe I'll second her, tertiary Ness, and main Mario?

Experimentation isn't a bad thing, have you checked out her customs yet?

Yes I have. She was the first one I unlocked them all for. About the only one I really, really, really like is the Big charge shot. Maybe the melee one, but...That's not a lot.

I don't care a whole lot for Ness in the Wii U version (which is ironic because I adore him in the 3DS version), so I feel your pain.

Have you, perhaps, tried stripping the Power Suit if YOU CATCH MY COLD.

Reactions: Lavama
nah man
the power suit is like
integrated into her body and shit
it would need to be surgically removed
that definitely didn't get retconned or anything
definitely not

nah man
the power suit is like
integrated into her body and shit
it would need to be surgically removed
that definitely didn't get retconned or anything
definitely not

It would only need to be surgically removed if Samus wasn't conscious to remove it herself though, or at least just didn't want to remove it.
Like, you can see the weird dematerializing in non Other M games like Prime 3 or Zero Mission.
Granted Other M did mess up several aspects of the suit, the idea that its presence is tied to her concentration flies in the face of the ending of Zero Mission and the beginning of Fusion.
But it can and has done the flash of light removal thing. Samus just needs to activate it.

and she can't
Samus has no power in smash bros
She's at the mad whims of an insane god

You mean Sakurai? Or Palutena? Or Rosalina?

Or Shulk?

Or Captain Falcon? Or Villager?

The secret is that Jigglypuff is the best character for classic 9.0

Well fortunately for you 6 minutes or less with Jigglypuff is easier than it sounds. I did it on like my 2nd or 3rd try (as opposed to the Shulk in under 6 minutes challenge, which took around 15-20 attempts). Don't fall for the trap of trying to rest everything, just spam her side smash and follow offstage whenever there's no one on the ground to side smash. Only rest when there's a single opponent left--the time you spend sleeping could be better spent getting another 2 kills.
I'm not stupid. Rest is a finisher, not a move to throw around everywhere. I've only used it to kill giants that intrude on battles.

Rest is, however, a good move to throw around if you want to be a troll to your friends.

Reactions: Covenant
I just don't know anymore. I'm not finding Samus as fun as I've found her to be for the last... 14 years. What do I do? I'm at a loss and I don't want to drop her, but I feel like I'm losing all the skill I've gained with her.
Have you tried any new styles with her, maybe altered your positioning to give it a little more pizzazz? Maybe see a counselor?

Is someone needing advice on Jigglypuff? I've been informed I'm the most terrifying user of her at my school.

Reactions: Φ
I'm like, the only one at my school who even plays video games...

Is someone needing advice on Jigglypuff? I've been informed I'm the most terrifying user of her at my school.

Skullheart understands that Jigglypuff is the best character.

Skullheart understands that Jigglypuff is the best character.
We make them understand.

I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL.

EAGLELAND.

THREED.

IN THAT ONE GRAVEYARD.

7:00 AM.

I don't own a Wii U.

zlCfzSuDrlwyFRUVBo

"Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States."

"Pic of the day has continued since E3 2013, and I would like to bring this series to a close today. A total of 384 posts and roughly 500 screenshots have been posted, and there's even more screenshots if you count the ones I've posted for different regions. The origins of pic of the day was sharing one picture a day of the game in development inside the company. It started out just as a small bonus for the staff. However, once we started sharing pictures with the public, it was a much tougher process. We had to be more careful to choose appropriate pictures to post while keeping a consistent schedule regardless of how busy we got, all while some people only wanted new information from my posts. It's nice to finally be able to get one weight off of my shoulders. But, we promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character, so I can't relax too much yet. I hope you'll look forward to Mewtwo joining the battle!"

And that's that, until Mewtwo and Miiverse release.

Theeeerrrrreee we go

BeatNinja and DDB can back me on this <well, Beat anyway, DDB's probably still on his when's IC kick>
I'm always on a kick

And so I mean does anyone wanna play 3DS Smash? I'm sorta trying out different characters and all. (And I keep expecting to be able to charge the stun gun on ZSS AND move...)

I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL.

EAGLELAND.

THREED.

IN THAT ONE GRAVEYARD.

7:00 AM.

Nah, man, last time I was ova in that side of da town, dese maniacs, day tried to jump me.
I think one of da crazies had a pumpkin on 'is head.
And then those two ones wit' da strings?
Count me out.

My favorite Smash Bros. character is Ridl-
oooooooooooooh wait.

zlCfzSuDrlwyFRUVBo

"Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States."

"Pic of the day has continued since E3 2013, and I would like to bring this series to a close today. A total of 384 posts and roughly 500 screenshots have been posted, and there's even more screenshots if you count the ones I've posted for different regions. The origins of pic of the day was sharing one picture a day of the game in development inside the company. It started out just as a small bonus for the staff. However, once we started sharing pictures with the public, it was a much tougher process. We had to be more careful to choose appropriate pictures to post while keeping a consistent schedule regardless of how busy we got, all while some people only wanted new information from my posts. It's nice to finally be able to get one weight off of my shoulders. But, we promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character, so I can't relax too much yet. I hope you'll look forward to Mewtwo joining the battle!"

And that's that, until Mewtwo and Miiverse release.

And so it finally ends. You did good Sakurai (and interns who translate his posts/make the actual posts).

I like how he mentions the people who only want new info from the PotD, lol. Looking forward to Mewtwo!

And so I mean does anyone wanna play 3DS Smash? I'm sorta trying out different characters and all. (And I keep expecting to be able to charge the stun gun on ZSS AND move...)

What's a smash 3DS? You mean that $40 demo released in October?

Theeeerrrrreee we go

BeatNinja and DDB can back me on this <well, Beat anyway, DDB's probably still on his when's IC kick>
I'll back you on that!

After I say that Bowser and his son are the best characters. I know I'm probably alone in this but I dun care.

I'll back you on that!

After I say that Bowser and his son are the best characters. I know I'm probably alone in this but I dun care.

I actually recently started to play Ludwig online. Fun character. Side-b jump cancel is too good.

I actually recently started to play Ludwig online. Fun character. Side-b jump cancel is too good.
i relaly like the kart, the custom one with the big drift i like even more cause of the really small jump is great for follow ups and the drift is a great horizontal recovery.

I haven't messed around with his customs yet, I'll get to that once I unlock 'em.

I also ordered an amiibo, Kirby, because I lack self-control. I hope DatderKirby fits as a name.

btw is there any easy trick to get customs quickly in the wii u version?
I know home canceling doesn't work anymore. the fastest and most consistent way i found was just doing smash tour since there's no chance of failure and a 25 turn game generally gets at least 3 customs and is about as long as classsic/allstar without the chance of failure and losing gained customs.

Instead of cheating the roulette,
you git gud.

btw is there any easy trick to get customs quickly in the wii u version?
I know home canceling doesn't work anymore. the fastest and most consistent way i found was just doing smash tour since there's no chance of failure and a 25 turn game generally gets at least 3 customs and is about as long as classsic/allstar without the chance of failure and losing gained customs.
Trophy rush again.
If you get bored of shitty mini games play all-star with bowser or ganondorf on super duper hard mode.