• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Trophy rush again.
If you get bored of shitty mini games play all-star with bowser or ganondorf on super duper hard mode.
i had trouble with getting much from trophy rush, like most of the time it's only 1 or 2 custom parts and even then that's not necessarily a custom move. but i also wasn't great at it and a lot of the time the combo would just drop/i die like once or so each rush. also the learning the rolette is a bit bothersome since i'm pretty sure it speeds up on higher difficulties.

Nah, not really. One time I got a 5 customization on Master and Crazy hand, finish it, and it's five equipment items.

Shi Gaming recently released a new tier list that we can all bitch at.

show

Last edited:
It's okay. I agree with the A-tier choices, besides Villager and Fox, and maybe Lucario.

Olimar slowly crawling his way out of garbage tier.

pretty sure i said this last time the tier list was brought up but i'll say it again. only 1/3rd of the characters stayed in the same tier that they were originally in in the brawl tierlist, So this one is prolly only around 1/3rd accurate. so I don't care for it at all and maybe given a couple more months i will actually bother to look at them.

What is brawler mii based on? I know I've seen some tournaments allow it but not sure what moves and stuff.

So, the points that I disagree with most on that list:
-R.O.B. is really good. Like, I would go so far as A.
-Even with the timer nerf, I feel Rosaluma is A.
-Fox isn't A-tier. I know Zer0 has been putting in a bit of work, but no.
-Pit could stand to be a bit lower.
-Mega Man and Duck Hunt are B.
-Shulk isn't D.
-Robin isn't D.
-Donkey isn't D.
-I feel the Ike buffs were substantial enough to move him to C.
-Charizard should be higher.

It's disappointing that I have to say this again, but

-Doc is better than Mario. He's at least better than E.

I think Robin is C+ish.

I also think Ness is really underrated on other lists, he's in a good spot here.

Mii Swordfighter's placement is really confusing though.

Wait, how?
Mii Swordfighter is garbage trash.

I think it's alright.. The worst of the three Miis? Definitely. But... I'unno. It's not GUTTAH TRASH.

I think it's alright.. The worst of the three Miis? Definitely. But... I'unno. It's not GUTTAH TRASH.

I would argue that it is the very definition of guttah trahsh.
It's side-bs are bad, it's down-bs are bad, it's neutral bs are sub-par, horrid recovery, poor normals...

Now look what you did.
My Raiden Mii is huddled in the corner crying now, how do you feel?

But when your Mii Swordfighter is Satsuki Kiyruin it jumps to like B automatically.

anime is terrible

I agree!
Wait are you doing that facetious thing where you unrealistically bash something that you actually enjoy, because if so this could get really awkward.

no i do hate anime
not all of it
just most of it and also basically all of it as a business

no i do hate anime
not all of it
just most of it and also basically all of it as a business

Okay cool.

btw is that list with customs on? cause even though it's legitmate if they aren't allowed for now they should become the tourney standard soonish down the line.
also everyone seems to forget the most important question when it comes to tier list in that where do characters stop being viable.

also everyone seems to forget the most important question when it comes to tier list in that where do characters stop being viable.
Exactly! we could be looking at a situation where the difference between Top and Bottom isn't big. Kinda like Tekken Tag 2. Nearly every one can be used viably (some more viably than others of coarse).

The Shi Gaming one seems to place the cutoff point at around high-C.
i'm pretty sure there was a grand finals recently with duck hunt and bowser, that being said without customs for now most of the list makes semi sense, except little mac is way too high without customs. however I think viability even without customs could go down a bit more on the list. and with customs on most all of the list i think would be viable. and once customs are tourney standard the list will drastically change.

I also expect lots of small shifts over time. I expect most of the complicated to understand characters to move up a couple points. also smash 4 already doesn't have as dominant a character as brawl meta knight. since he was the only character in the brawl tier list to never change spots at number 1, where we already got two different placements at number 1 in smash 4.

Palutena is higher than Ike.

I love Palutena but Ike reks faic in this iteration of smash... Easily C tier imo.(EDIT: Y'all know that Ike can Up-b after you connect in midair with side b yes? His recovery isn't shit anymore. It's still pretty bad in comparison with others, but it is far better)
Luigi and ROB should move up while Fox and Lucario down a bit.
Bowser is S tier (my opinion)
Bowser Jr. is definitely higher than that. At least C
Dr. Mario should never EVER be considered worse than regular Mario.

My opinions on the japanese tirelist:
Diddy really does not deserve his own tier...
Villager's match-ups are all over the place. B tier at best imo, I think he got that high just by having a good diddy kong match-up.
Rosalina at b tier is kind of laughable.
ROB is definitely better, B tier at least.
Greninja is higher
Bowser to B tier
Bowser Jr. is WAY higher, IMO A tier but B tier at minimum. Possibly the most questionable placement on the entire list for me.
Kirby should be higher. At least C.
There are some others that I'm a bit suspicious about, like Fox in A, Jigglypuff in D, or Dr.Mario in E but I'll just leave this here for now.

But why in the world is Mii Brawler that high

All of the Miis are trash

well even though his 1 hit KO is removed (i checked this to the best of my ability which isn't super huge to be honest) his piston punch up-b is still good at doing damage. the shotput is a good projectile and one of his down-bs is super amazing. and his normals all have decent speeed and good priority.

yeah but

Mii Brawler is still a worse version of Mario/Little Mac/Captain Falcon

A WAY worse one.

yeah but

Mii Brawler is still a worse version of Mario/Little Mac/Captain Falcon

A WAY worse one.

Not... Not really.
Mii Brawler has a good move speed, good grabs, followups off of throw, good kill potential, great specials; the Mii Brawler is really good.
Maybe not at the top of A-tier, but I would say A-tier in general is a good spot.

You Have not fight a Mii Gunner using a 3212 set

You Have not fight a Mii Gunner using a 3212 set
Am I reading this right? Neutral/side/up/down? Because it should be 3131 objectively I don't care about your opinion.
Although the samus bomb over shine and the up B that's not the aimable one just boggle my mind on this set.

I'm gonna continue to refuse that Miis are anything but garbage.

Reactions: Crayolan