• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

The only real changes are a different victory theme, a (ripped from Zelda/Sheik) FS, and a (worse) f-tilt.

Battlefield's just a bit bland, but it's nice if you want no obstacles in your way, but not wanting FD.

hey hey hey
Melee in EVO 3 years running.

10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS10MOREYEARS

Oh Smash 4 too which is pretty cool.
Let's hope EVO staff has gotten less awful about running Smash games without long-term established rulesets, the headache that 2008 gave me is just now leaving.

I did, he just told me to git gud, then kicked me out the door.
Looking back on it, he may have not have actually been a doctor.

at the very least they told you to feel better
that's what git gud means, right

I should probably learn to leave from persons online I'm clearly not capable of defeating. Go from 58.5% W/L to 49.4% in only one night wasn't much fun seeing! Escpecially when the opponent had a YOLO mark over there heads ;(

I should probably learn to leave from persons online I'm clearly not capable of defeating. Go from 58.5% W/L to 49.4% in only one night wasn't much fun seeing! Escpecially when the opponent had a YOLO mark over there heads ;(

If you wan't to git gud, then the best way to do it is to keep running into that wall until it breaks. Keep an eye out for how they react to situations, and exploit them. Keep running until your face is made of steel, and stop caring about your winrate. You've got to lose to win, and your the only person who can see it. Keeping such a close eye on it is just going to psych you out.

I think Smash is the game where losing is most important when it comes to getting better. Get your ass kicked 20 times in a row so you can kick ass yourself in the next 50.

A better idea would probably be to slam your head against One-on-One until you're practically winning every match, like moi.

melee is back with smash 4, but god forbit they put marvel 2 and 3 in the tournament

melee is back with smash 4, but god forbit they put marvel 2 and 3 in the tournament
Keep it in the EVO salt thread. Let's not have this thread turn into that discussion, please.

Eh, I'm playing people from Anther's Ladder who 90% of the time rip me apart (Mostly, I just have trouble getting kill moves in). Even thoguh I haven't checked my winrate, I'm pretty sure it's lower than 50%

Yooooo, last week I got Smash for my 3DS XL.
It's pretty dope, technology has come so far.

Reactions: +5 Necromancer
I actually think my maining list has changed. Thanks, Event Matches!

Kirby
Yoshi
Robin
King Dedede
ROB
Lucario
In order.

Speaking of Event Matches, has ANYONE here managed to beat Kirby's Crazy Appetite/Hungry, Hungry Kirby? I gave up, I'll be honest. Same for Beautification.

Reactions: Rellek
I cleared all of the solo challenges and got their rewards.

The Kirby one is just almost entirely luck.

CAPTAIN FALCON

ALL DAY

EVERY DAY

SHOW ME YA MOVES

1091 - 9848 - 2651

The Jigglypuff one on hard definitely was my most hated one.

Speaking of Event Matches, has ANYONE here managed to beat Kirby's Crazy Appetite/Hungry, Hungry Kirby? I gave up, I'll be honest. Same for Beautification.

Yep.
As a piece of advice, the Dedede's are still pretty stupid even on the hardest difficulty so don't feel bad about slowing down to open a chest and grab some food.
Other than that just keep running through the open paths and don't pay them any mind.

So my friend got Project M and holy shit does jumping feel weird with Jigglypuff. Least Rest isn't Brawl bad.

I actually think my maining list has changed. Thanks, Event Matches!

Kirby
Yoshi
Robin
King Dedede
ROB
Lucario
In order.

Yea. It's the worst event in the game. Whoever made it should be fired. Here's a tip though: You can suck up a Dedede's inhale power and use that to suck up the food for increase health gain from the food.

You could just avoid the Dededes, considering how slow Dedede is, it shouldn't be hard to outrun one. In my opinion, the one where you're Fox and you have to keep Game and Watches off the stage was a pure nightmare.

You could just avoid the Dededes, considering how slow Dedede is, it shouldn't be hard to outrun one. In my opinion, the one where you're Fox and you have to keep Game and Watches off the stage was a pure nightmare.
You mean Falco? That shit was fun! And really easy.

Crazy enough, I also beat the Kirby one on the first try.

Physically avoiding them isn't so bad, actually, but the flying Gordos really don't help when they knock your HP up and undo all your effort.

And yes, I hated the Falco-Game and Watch stage as well. I just gave up and put it on Easy. If anything the fact that Falco jumps really fast and they fall really slowly makes it hard, because I kept just going over them when I did my aerial.

Physically avoiding them isn't so bad, actually, but the flying Gordos really don't help when they knock your HP up and undo all your effort.

And yes, I hated the Falco-Game and Watch stage as well. I just gave up and put it on Easy. If anything the fact that Falco jumps really fast and they fall really slowly makes it hard, because I kept just going over them when I did my aerial.
But neutral A makes it very difficult for them to get through. You don't need to use up air

But neutral A makes it very difficult for them to get through. You don't need to use up air

I personally found that neutral went just under them and up-tilt went just over them. Might just be my appalling sense of timings.

I personally found that neutral went just under them and up-tilt went just over them. Might just be my appalling sense of timings.
Get right below them, press jump button, press a immediately after, success.

So, Rhythm Heaven character emblem in the Smash files.

No sign of Ice Climber emblem though.

Reactions: Jutsei
what if it's a marketing strat
the new Rhythm Heaven game is a stealth Ice Climbers

Ice Climbers reborn as a rhythm game?

... I can get behind this.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Put in Brawl
Go to Lucas
Choose him
Play the game
You're welcome