• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

well
"new"
but adding more 8-man stages is pretty good
I heard a few complaints about how slim the pickings were, so this is nice

Can't the guy just hand the series reins over to someone else, it's clear he's suffering.

Reactions: Rellek
I mean, on the one hand I feel really bad for the guy, and despite how much I bitch and moan I do like his games,
but at the same time this feels so avoidable. If Sakurai would just share the burden, especially for a game like Smash where he's dealing with so many of other people's IPs.

Can't the guy just hand the series reins over to someone else, it's clear he's suffering.
Yes, I want him to.

Please hand it off, daddy Sakurai. Hand it off to Uncle Iwata.

It won't be the same without Sakurai's involvement though.

He has that special touch that makes you know it's one of his games.

It won't be the same without Sakurai's involvement though.

He has that special touch that makes you know it's one of his games.
Yea, I know. All the Kid Icarus stuff really let you know he was behind it.
Also Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas not being in was a dead give away he was working on it.

Reactions: DDB
but they were in
another game that he worked on
i think it was called
Tussle or something

but they were in
i think it was called
Tussle or something

Kid Icarus Uprising

but they were in
i think it was called
Tussle or something
Yeah, but they sure as hell weren't in Kerscuffle.

For those who wish to up their FG game, here's a quick and accurate list on every MU in the game.
ArgIlX7.png

UHM EXCUSE YOU.

I do not roll after Arcfire spam...

...I calmly walk in the other direction.

The fuck you mean c-stick?
Everyone knows a good Mac is nothing with his neutral A spam and ftilts.

Actually I think Zelda is more accurately described as "Teleport Teleport Din's Fire"

Reactions: BeatNinja
Reading the comments was painful.

Oh well.
I hate that mind set where it's like
"Don't criticize games, just get on your damn knees and thank the developers for all the work they put into this entirely for profit video game."

ArgIlX7.png
"Peach: Watch armada"
You have no idea how sad this makes me.

"Peach: Watch armada"
You have no idea how sad this makes me.
I know what you mean, but it's not all that sad. It was only a matter of time :P

Wish you could do this online and not only when you have your pals over at your place (they don't have a WiiU) :(
Seriously, they gave her a shitty projectile and the most defensive specials as default (or well, at least teleport is there).

I know what you mean, but it's not all that sad. It was only a matter of time :P
I've been rooting for armada in most of his matches for a while, and he was tied with hungrybox as my favorite god.
But in apex when I realized he was definitely maining fox in most match-ups, and I started rooting for PPMD... The 20XX empire got to him, man.
Now our only savior is mango's falcon.

I've been rooting for armada in most of his matches for a while, and he was tied with hungrybox as my favorite god.
But in apex when I realized he was definitely maining fox in most match-ups, and I started rooting for PPMD... The 20XX empire got to him, man.
Now our only savior is mango's falcon.
But he plays a completely different fox than most who main him. He just feels more patient and precise than the others and as a result, I think I like his Fox more than most others.

buffish samus is best samus
i'll fight anyone that thinks otherwise

buffish samus is best samus
i'll fight anyone that thinks otherwise

250px-Samus_mf_Artwork_2.png

Time and place buddy.

Also, does anyone know if the Smash Edition Gamepad works with PC with a PC/GCN adapter? I'm a little curious.

Also, does anyone know if the Smash Edition Gamepad works with PC with a PC/GCN adapter? I'm a little curious.

The Smash Bros Edition Gamecube controller is identical to every other GCN controller aside from a super smash bros symbol on the front. The internal components and wiring is the same so, yes, it works with the PC and GCN adaptors that you mentioned. I ripped those things apart to check too.

Now, if you're talking about the Mario/Peach/Yoshi gamepads from PDP, I have no idea because they are a wiimote accessory that is recognized by the console as a Classic Controller Pro. They aren't smash bros edition, but just making sure I covered all the bases in case that's what you secretly meant.

Reactions: Scatmon
The Smash Bros Edition Gamecube controller is identical to every other GCN controller aside from a super smash bros symbol on the front. The internal components and wiring is the same so, yes, it works with the PC and GCN adaptors that you mentioned. I ripped those things apart to check too.

Now, if you're talking about the Mario/Peach/Yoshi gamepads from PDP, I have no idea because they are a wiimote accessory that is recognized by the console as a Classic Controller Pro. They aren't smash bros edition, but just making sure I covered all the bases in case that's what you secretly meant.
To further answer this question, you should actually be able to connect the classic controllers that attach to the wiimote by fucking around with a bluetooth adapter (although I have no idea how compatible they are with things that aren't dolphin), and not only do the new GC controllers work with a mayflash or whatever you use GC to PC adapter but there are drivers to make the wii u GC adapter work for PC so you don't even need that shit.

Last edited:
To further answer this question, you should actually be able to connect the classic controllers that attach to the wiimote by fucking around with a bluetooth adapter (although I have no idea how compatible they are with things that aren't dolphin), and not only do the new GC controllers work with a mayflash or whatever you use GC to PC adapter but there are drivers to make the wii u GC adapter work for PC so you don't even need that shit.
For srs? So you're telling me I can download and install these drivers and use it to play emulated games? That is pretty badass and I will likely end up doing that.

For srs? So you're telling me I can download and install these drivers and use it to play emulated games? That is pretty badass and I will likely end up doing that.
Actually after looking it up it seems that dolphin updated and now has native support for it so if you want to use it exclusively for dolphin you don't even need the driver anymore. Which is great because the non-dolphin driver used vjoy and vjoy fucking sucks.

If you want to use it for anything here's the link to that driver: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2pqltb/the_wii_u_gamecube_adapter_driver_for_windows/

And here's a tutorial for the dolphin one: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

So, uh...

This happened.
Thoughts? We know that Nintendo already has the rights from Rayman's trophy, this seem like it could be legit? I can't find the image used for the CSS portrait, so I wouldn't doubt it. Seems a bit too good to be true, though.

EDIT: Also can't find the Mewtwo portrait, I think that this may just be real.

So, uh...

This happened.
Thoughts? We know that Nintendo already has the rights from Rayman's trophy, this seem like it could be legit? I can't find the image used for the CSS portrait, so I wouldn't doubt it. Seems a bit too good to be true, though.

EDIT: Also can't find the Mewtwo portrait, I think that this may just be real.
I call real. It's really hard to fake a menu runthrough like that. Mewtwo is lookin dope too.

Also the release of Mewtwo is out soon so it's feasible that some inside dude could've done this.