• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

They maybe reps, but Ryu is the face of Crapcom anymore. Hell, Even Megaman got booted to the curb how many times before Nintendo gave him the love they did in Smash? Capcom = Ryu anymore..

edit:

also, uh.. does anyone want a Mewtwo code? No? ok.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191559122736?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Honestly, I didn't want the 3Ds Mewtwo and I'm seriously hurting for money... so I am being a butt and ebaying it.. I'll admit, it's an interesting experiment so far.. shot up $4 in 2 hours.

Ugh, it's also like how people wanted Pac to be his sprite too. It's a dumb idea, and only Game & Watch can pull it off

I think a Rhythm Heaven character could pull it off.

Wait, wouldn't Rhythm Heaven be more drawn than sprite work?

But I agree on them working as a 2D character. I think I already said that they'd be the antithesis to Mr. Game and Watch. What with being a white smoothly animated 2D character and all.

-peeks head in-
Hey, just a random question from me.

To all Peach users, how do you incorporate her down tilt + A move online? It comes out too slow to just do it on its own. How can I use this move more often without being too predictable?

Thanks to anyone who answers.
-peeks head out-

I actually expect them to add 3 characters from the ballot, just 1 or 2 would be dissapointing, tho too many would be a hell lot of work.

I
I just want
2 more characters that were not in Melee or Brawl
Wonder Red is clearly my top choice but

If they brought back Pichu or Snake or Pokemon Trainer or Roy I won't be frazzled because they weren't my choices or I think they are bad characters

It'll be because other things need representation too specifically Platinum Games
Those games are over and nostalgia is nice and all but come ON

Last edited:
Like, the literal only way Roy could work is if they Wolf-ed him up to differentiate from Marth and Lucina. And we know that wouldn't work because then it wouldn't be Melee Roy!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Like, the literal only way Roy could work is if they Wolf-ed him up to differentiate from Marth and Lucina. And we know that wouldn't work because then it wouldn't be Melee Roy!
Which I'm ok with because Melee Roy was terrible.

I
I just want
2 more characters that were not in Melee or Brawl
Wonder Red is clearly my top choice but

If they brought back Pichu or Snake or Pokemon Trainer or Roy I won't be frazzled because they weren't my choices or I think they are bad characters

It'll be because other things need representation too specifically Platinum Games
Those games are over and nostalgia is nice and all but come ON

Dude I feel this.
Because at this point, any returning characters are not getting an overhaul.
I may be excited for Ryu simply because we had to get through Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy to find anything original.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
And we know that wouldn't work because then it wouldn't be Melee Roy!

Melee Roy was an awful character, the only reason I even still play him is out of some strange masochism. I would be perfectly fine if they changed him up, but they won't, because as this thread is very well demonstrating, no one gives a shit about Roy. People hate Roy because he's a bad Marth clone, so Nintendo isn't going to change him because everyone hates him and they're still going to hate him because he's still a bad Marth clone. It's a vicious cycle.

Melee Roy was an awful character, the only reason I even still play him is out of some strange masochism. I would be perfectly fine if they changed him up, but they won't, because as this thread is very well demonstrating, no one gives a shit about Roy. People hate Roy because he's a bad Marth clone, so Nintendo isn't going to change him because everyone hates him and they're still going to hate him because he's still a bad Roy clone. It's a vicious cycle.
See now, that's just a terrible way to think. "He's bad, everyone knows he's bad so they're gonna keep him bad"

Be more positive dude. Let's look on the bright side here. They have the ability to completely rework this guy and change up his moveset. I feel like the chances of an overhaul are significant because holy fuck would I be disappointed if we had 3 Marths... Roy could easily be changed up so if they don't change him up, sad faic.

I do hope he keeps the fiery upsmash tho

My logic was that if they didn't change Roy it'd be bad because that's another Marth clone, and if they changed him up like Wolf then it'd be bad 'cause everyone wouldn't be happy that it isn't Melee Roy.

Also too many sword users, yeah.

I'm against Roy largely on the basis that Fire Emblem does not need another fucking sword user jesus fucking christ
But, it's really the only franchise in the game currently that uses swords (Meta knight, I know you're there). And swords are really cool and stuff. Axes are lame and lances would just give waaaaay too much range to moves (Zard and Mewtwo's bair are honestly huge in terms of range and they shouldn't exist)

Anything else is trumped by swords so just deal with swords or learn to like them :P

See now, that's just a terrible way to think. "He's bad, everyone knows he's bad so they're gonna keep him bad"

Be more positive dude. Let's look on the bright side here. They have the ability to completely rework this guy and change up his moveset. I feel like the chances of an overhaul are significant because holy fuck would I be disappointed if we had 3 Marths... Roy could easily be changed up so if they don't change him up, sad faic.

I do hope he keeps the fiery upsmash tho

I certainly hope that they do change him up more, but I feel like that's pretty unlikely. What's probably going to happen is a Dr Mario situation where he gets the old versions of moves, and then the anti-clone brigade is going to rush in full force and the internet will become a very irritating place to be for a while.

Clearly we need someone capable of wielding not only swords but lances and axes as well.
tumblr_morzdw8i271ruc976o2_1280.jpg

Reactions: BeatNinja
Clearly we need someone capable of wielding not only swords but lances and axes as well.
tumblr_morzdw8i271ruc976o2_1280.jpg
That's not Oscar.

maybe there's a main character from fire emblem that doesn't use a sword, axe, or lance at all
one that uses magic
one that's super cute and has a great design
I'm talking about Micaiah
Micaiah would be infinitely better than Roy

And that's scary because Micaiah is trash too

You know what unique playstyle hasn't been thoroughly explored yet?
Being a vicious flying space dragon pterodactyl.

the keyword here is space.
Also regular Aerodactyl ain't a dragon type.

Are you people even familiar with what constitutes outer space?
Upper atmosphere =/= space.

wait I know who he's talking about!

latest

It's Bio Rex from F-Zero!