• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

But I don't know any other flying space dragon pterodactyls that isn't stage hazard Ridley

What about the Ridley that's not a stage hazard.

my favorite thing about all this is that it's basically making it so that Ridley is to Box what Annie is to DDB

you've become your own monster

Reactions: DDB
Kinda,
but not really,
because Ridley actually deserves to be playable.
Whilst Annie is a fairly unimportant character.

Okay, like, there is an actual difference.

I don't actually like Ridley all that much as a character. I mean, he's a monster, any intelligence is at most implied, there's nothing to the guy in terms of character or playstyle.

It's just that the fact that the central antagonist of the Metroid series, and the only other character that appears in every game besides Samus, has not been playable after 4 Smash games when Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, StarFox, arguably Pokemon, and Kid goddamn Icarus all get playable villains baffles me.

I don't care about Ridley, I just think his absence makes no goddamn sense. Especially when all Metroid's gotten in terms of playable characters is Samus and Sexier Samus.

Didn't they make Olimar bigger? Why not make Ridley smaller? They probably just hate Ridley if they refuse to put him in.

Yes. Because "it just wouldn't be Ridley" (stupidest argument). And probably not I just don't think Sakurai particularly cares about the Metroid series and refuses to let anyone else touch the game mid-development.

I wouldn't mind a Space Pirate being playable, to be honest.

Honestly at this point I'll take any Metroid character that isn't from Other M.

the one series Sakurai nor all of Nintendo never cared about is F-Zero.

Let's be real, there's a better chance of us getting something stupid like Epona as a playable character before we get another Metroid character.

We gotta make another Metroid game, stat! Quick, give Samus dual cannon arms! Give her the grapple beam and steal the rail sections from Bioshock Infinite! Make every mission centered around a single antagonist and their monsters to fight! Get the dancing space lobsters!

Classic or Prime style?

Classic purple dancing space lobsters!

But probably Prime style if the rail sections from Bioshock Infinite are to be ripped off. Just think of it. Samus sailing around, two arm cannons, and all the (insanely dangerous) time in the world.

I'd play it.

But to stay on topic, here's the Pikachu infinite:

Reactions: SmashBlade
I can't believe Box has become that which he hates most.

me.

Reactions: Ruin
Someone edit the broom picture used to shoo DDB to have Box's profile.

Reactions: DDB and Ruin
You will get Wolf, Roy, Pichu, and Ryu for DLC and the ballot will be completely ignored and you will like it.

Someone edit the broom picture used to shoo DDB to have Box's profile.
TU2GbMy.png

Way ahead of ya.

Reactions: Ktulu
Lol I made one too.

Fh4VaqUm.png

Wait,
hey wait a second! I haven't deserved the broom yet!
I have to start bringing Ridley up in other threads to deserve the broom. So far, my Ridley ramblings have remained quarantined in a specifically on-topic area.

u guys ;-;

latest

Ripping things off half a decade before they came out.
Wait, I thought the grapple beam came out her arm cannon? What's she on now?

(Also can you jump off that rail cause that was a big part of Infinite)

One of the Prime games, I believe Prime 1, changed it to come out of a jewel on her left hand.

Prime 1 definitely had the grapple beam come out of her left hand.

Reactions: Rellek
maybe there's a main character from fire emblem that doesn't use a sword, axe, or lance at all
one that uses magic
one that's super cute and has a great design
I'm talking about Micaiah
Micaiah would be infinitely better than Roy
I actually had an idea for that. Micaiah would be a slower light character who weilds her Thani book. Since it was super useful against anything armored or mounted, I thought she could have massive launch power against heavier characters, but weak launch power against lighter characters. Give her decent range and a large amount of AoE, and boom, unique character.

Huh.

Well I'm just going to assume that two arm cannons with grapple beams means that Samus could grapple enemies while railing and smash them into other enemies, so I'm going to pretend I'm the victor.

Huh.

Well I'm just going to assume that two arm cannons with grapple beams means that Samus could grapple enemies while railing and smash them into other enemies, so I'm going to pretend I'm the victor.

metroid3grapple.jpg

You can do anything while railing if you believe.

Seriously though, the grapple is in her left hand, while the arm cannon is on her right arm.

There are no 2 grapple beams.

There are no 2 grapple beams.
Well yeah. That's why I thought a game where she did would be cool. So she could simultaneously grapple beam enemies and whip smash them into others while railing with another one.
SAMUS SUPLEX
MOTHER BRAINBUSTER
Also that.

Hey what was that one special ability from Super Metroid? The one where you run enough, then you can either jump really high or really far away? I wish they incorporated some of that into Samus' moves...

Shinespark?
it's kinda hard to make happen legitly since the move was known for carrying samus in a single direction until she hit something
which is
kinda really bad for smash

Eh. Lots of rules are blatantly ignored or made up in Smash. Making it only go a certain distance doesn't sound out of the question. The more kill moves the better.
But I'd do just fine if it was a custom move variant in a future Smash title.

I say drop customs and use the time coding those moves to sqeeze one new character in. It might not be perfectly the same effort, but those customs aren't allowed in random online play or tournies, right?