• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I think the custom moves bring some great variety to Smash, and is a great opportunity for easy balance and fun from variation. But IMHO did it get kinda skewered as it came out. Unnecessary grinding for every single character, some characters having bizarrely unique customs while others fall very short of usability, the possibility that no DLC characters will have them, etc.

I just need as many Samus flying examples as possible so I can reliably refer to the Chozo-raised bounty hunter as a "bird of prey"

The issue with customs is that anyone who relies on For Glory for training are shit outta luck.

Say, wasn't tournament mode supposed to be a thing sometime?

So was that Miiverse stage...

Maybe Sakurai actually looked at Miiverse and had second thoughts about ever updating again.

Reactions: BeatNinja
I like to think that sakurai occasionally glimpses at community response, sighs, and tells himself that he's quitting tomorrow. And that he's been doing that for 15 years.

Also I think it's kinda weird that custom moves are available for all characters in tournaments considering how much grinding needs to be done to unlock them all.

Say, wasn't tournament mode supposed to be a thing sometime?
How difficult could implementing an online tournament mode POSSIBLY BE? For real man....

Maby Sakurai looked at tournoment and though "If I implented this into the game, the game would be more competive. My game wasn't supposed to be competive soo I will not add it"

AwkwardZombie or whatever.

comic402.png

I say drop customs and use the time coding those moves to sqeeze one new character in. It might not be perfectly the same effort, but those customs aren't allowed in random online play or tournies, right?

Customs will be at EVO.

customs should be at EVO
so that ganondorf will reign supreme

Also I think it's kinda weird that custom moves are available for all characters in tournaments considering how much grinding needs to be done to unlock them all.

How to unlock all customs in these few easy steps!

1. Buy Powersaves for 3DS (about $29.99)
2. Upload Unlock all customs code.
3. Copy the Evo list and then Mass export to all Wii systems you can.

CONGRATS! Custom tourneys are ready!

customs should be at EVO

You know Customs are in EVO, right? That's why so many Custom Tourneys have been popping up recently?

Am I the only one that doesn't give a rats ass about customs?

no I mean
customs should be at evo
it is their divine ordained destiny to be at EVO
so that the Dark King of the Desert can claim his crown
with his butt sword

customs should be at EVO
Ganondorf always reins supreme, people are just too weak to comprehend him, because we don't play him, he plays us.

Something someone sent me a moment ago, thought I'd share.
zlCfzTQFBHs-Zg90Ry

That's pretty cool.

It says "Ninten sang a song! '.........'" in case anyone was wondering.

I hope if Ryu gets in, they'll do what they did with the kooplings and give him an alternate Ken/Akuma/Dan Skin. That would be rad.

Reactions: Peterthegameguy
So Mewtwo is going to be available for purchase tomorrow right? Do you think its custom moves will come in a patch with it or nah?

So Mewtwo is going to be available for purchase tomorrow right? Do you think its custom moves will come in a patch with it or nah?
I honestly don't see why not.

Mewtwo's never gonna have custom moves. This is Mashedpotato Samurai, nothing he does makes sense.

1.07 released This morning. Actual character tweaks and fixes, just like the last one. No Mewtwo customs that I see, but who knows, they might just be unlockable like the rest.

1.07 released This morning. Actual character tweaks and fixes, just like the last one. No Mewtwo customs that I see, but who knows, they might just be unlockable like the rest.
Where does one see a list with the changes? in Smashboards?

I spent a little bit of time with Mewtwo. Overall, he just seems EXTREMELY floaty. It's perfectly demonstrated in this video:
But overall, I just think they should make Mewtwo a bit heavier.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I spent a little bit of time with Mewtwo. Overall, he just seems EXTREMELY floaty. It's perfectly demonstrated in this video:
But overall, I just think they should make Mewtwo a bit heavier.
>>Didn't airdodge

>>didn't tech

8efbV9c.png

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Good news rooters for squidlings!
...kinda
tumblr_nnzi7eHfk11sntotwo1_1280.png