• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

how dare people have different opinions, everyone knows im always right
It's less that and more "holy shit shut hell up I understand that Shantae exists you don't have to tell us 500,000 times"

It's less that and more "holy shit shut hell up I understand that Shantae exists you don't have to tell us 500,000 times"
Wait is that before or after the ballot?

Cause I mean that's just how you get people to vote for her lol

Shouting in peoples' faces who you want them to vote for doesn't get them to vote for them.

So do you guys think Shantae is gonna get added or what :0

You're actively making me want Shantae less.

I already didn't want Shantae
Exactly, and this is only taking it further.

So do you guys think Shantae is gonna get added or what :0
I think the fact that she's got such a popularity boom (including a kickstarter that got more money than Shovel Knight before the ballot) certainly makes her likely. And again, she just has a series of platforming games that translate well to a Smash environment. Slap on some Smash third party influx (Ryu and Cloud), cheap because she's "indie", a Japanese physical 3DS release, and a dedication to Nintendo platforms and she's definitely got a good run for her. Not banking on her though.

Shouting in peoples' faces who you want them to vote for doesn't get them to vote for them.
Is this like a "from experience" warning or

Reactions: DDB
I really want Wonder Red in SO BADLY. I have some characters I would be alright with, but there's some that I would sign a petition to remove.
Like Knuckles... and Spear WaddleDee

Reactions: Lexeous and DDB
But McRad

Petitions don't do shit

guys please I just want like K. Rool and an advanced wars rep is it really that hard

my two most wanted already got AT'd and I don't even play advanced wars but it really needs one c'mon guys

I find it Ironic DDB amd Shorydouken are saying we're being annoying by wanting a character in a game.

real talk
in terms of third party characters being added to smash, I truly do think that they should really just reserve those kinds of spots for the actual gaming icons, characters that basically everyone that plays/has played video games knows and even those that don't will probably know the name of, stuff like Simon Belmont/Alucard, Solid Snake, and if we're talking Indie, it can only go to the granddaddy of indie games, Quote
however, i really do think that nintendo franchises should come first, so you know
Wonder Red

I find it Ironic DDB amd Shorydouken are saying we're being annoying by wanting a character in a game.
The hell? I didn't say anything about you.

I didn't specifically mean "you people right here", I meant the incredibly vocal and undeniably annoying fans she definitely has, which I'd say is the majority.

o fuck I just realized what you meant

stan bae u lil shit

Last edited:
slpcWV9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why Shantae is getting so much hate. Her move set alone would make for a more interesting character then another swordsman.

Cloud's far more than just another swordsman.

Yeah... He's the living ad of the game and remake that won't be in the WiiU. Ok, got it. But some of the last "icons" that could be great on the game (a Belmont and a snake) are in Konami's grasp... And they make an active effort to fuck their own franchises as of late so...

Yeah... He's the living ad of the game and remake that won't be in the WiiU. Ok, got it. But some of the last "icons" that could be great on the game (a Belmont and a snake) are in Konami's grasp... And they make an active effort to fuck their own franchises as of late so...
Well o mean the latest game Snake was in when he got in Brawl was MGS4, and that was a PS3 exclusive.

Pyrosphere stage. Ridley shows up

Little Mac: I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND CYNICAL, BUT THIS NIQQUH IS GONNA KILL US.

Cloud: NAH. HE JUST LOOKS BIG. WE'LL SHOW HIM.

Q4EZJZX.png

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Yeah, the fact that people really want Snake to return despite his incredibly minimal presence on Nintendo consoles, but are angry at Cloud for not being Nintendo enough kinda hints at a same song and dance situation.

Have snake return and just reuse all the same clips from Brawl
have DAVID HAYTER appear in the credits

Yeah, the fact that people really want Snake to return despite his incredibly minimal presence on Nintendo consoles, but are angry at Cloud for not being Nintendo enough kinda hints at a same song and dance situation.

You're just mad something out of left field, like Cloud, got in before Ridley.

maybe an adorable chibi-Ridley will appear in FedForce and they'll make that one playable because it's not as big

Reactions: Ktulu
You're just mad something out of left field, like Cloud, got in before Ridley.

????
I'm
defending Cloud??????????

Nah I'll vouch for him we've discussed it on Skype he ain't salty.

I stopped caring about who gets added around Pac-Man.

It's not the fact that Sakurai won't add Ridley, it's his reasons for not adding him that's stupid.

Just add Metroid 1 Ridley. Problem solved.

What's the difference between Ridleys?
Other M Ridley is a clone and, most importantly, from a bad game >:I

Every other Ridley is technically the same Ridley, just hooked on your usual future life support systems kinda business.

Metroid 1 Ridley is a bit lumpy and doofy looking due to being in 8 bit and having varying character designs based on who you ask.
Metroid Prime has the cyborg Ridley with robot parts.
Metroid Prime 3 Ridley has robot parts but also a bunch of Phazon components.
Metroid Fusion Ridley is a clone named Neo-Ridley and he has teeny tiny wings and a big head.
Other M Ridley is floppy and gross looking and weirdly muscular and also a clone in general he's pretty shit.

I honestly don't get the ridley hype
He's consistently one of the worst bosses in every metroid I've played

He's just important to Samus's backstory.
And he's consistently been a boss in every Metroid game (except maybe Prime 2) so there's no point dropping him now :0