• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

JasperXPeridot confirmed problematic

I mean good lord Jasper could just lean on Peridot and poof her you expect me to believe they could cuddle??? smh

For reference:
tumblr_nv7ek0fq4l1twg4wto1_1280.png

yeah it was an okay episode. Them holding hands was cute, and Peridot finally "cracking" is going to lead for some neat stuff with the interacting of the Crystal Team. The only problem I have right now is that Peridot is the only gem we have seen that does not have any abilities shown yet. Her limb enhancers were just fancy tools that seconded as a weapon and most of her smarts came from her reading a ton of records... is she sorta like Lapis in how Lapis doesn't have a weapon summon? I need answers man.

Peridot is pretty much a literal child, she's probably never had to use her gem weapon before because of her enhancements, and probably doesn't even know how to summon it
Remember how long it took for Steven to consecutively use his shield?

Peridot is pretty much a literal child, she's probably never had to use her gem weapon before because of her enhancements, and probably doesn't even know how to summon it
Remember how long it took for Steven to consecutively use his shield?
erm... about a year in the show's time line. which is like nothing for Gems.

It's still gonna take a while for Peridot to end up using her weapon though, I think.
And even then, it might not even be that good.

Theory? It's practically confirmed! She's a Pearl! She's "useless on her own"! She "needs someone to tell her what to do"! I've suspected that Holo-Pearl was some kind of representation of her old personality for a while now, what with the diamond instead of the star and such.

Theory? It's practically confirmed! She's a Pearl! She's "useless on her own"! She "needs someone to tell her what to do"! I've suspected that Holo-Pearl was some kind of representation of her old personality for a while now, what with the diamond instead of the star and such.
I never noticed the Diamond holy shit that's a dead giveaway.

I'm subscribed to the thought that Crystal Gems got rid of the diamonds and went for stars so having stuff that backs up that theory is great.
Hoping this means if Peridot fully joins the Crystal Gems and regenerates she gets an outfit w/ Stars

I don't think that's possible, it could be that's just her default height and there's no changing it.
I mean, granted, in the past, Amethyst looked smaller, but that might've been because of her lack of long hair.
Even when she tried to emulate Pearl after regenerating, it was a very small increase in height.

Oh, also, in Pearl's memory Rose called her "my Pearl" What if that's not terms of endearment? What if she meant literally "The Pearl that belongs to me"?

So bad news...we apparently wont get a new episode for 2 weeks.

Good news: LEAKED FOOTAGE ON THE INTERNET SON!

Really?
Because I heard that after that episode we don't get any new episodes until 2016.
Which is true
BECAUSE I WANT THE TWO WEEK HIATUS TO BE TRUE AND NOT THE OTHER

Well the tweet that said we weren't getting any new episodes until next year was also deleted so, there's quite the possibility that it was misinformation.

I mean I've followed Adventure Time and there would be literally times where the whole studio thought that an episode was airing on the day they talk about it and they find out it just didn't. CN is hecka bad when it comes to scheduling imho.

Huh...now I'm getting reports that the episode I leaked was the last one of 2015...If only I had a twitter to read the tweets (Matt Burnett buffed up security, so I cant read them)

Maybe they'll have a Steven Universe bomb at the same time of the first one they did, and Malachite unfuses at the end like she came together in the other one.

Like the whole point is for people to see it (and me offhandedly mention Indivisible *cough cough*) on Tumblr and you're telling me I can't upload it!?

Like the whole point is for people to see it (and me offhandedly mention Indivisible *cough cough*) on Tumblr and you're telling me I can't upload it!?
i see... welp... I wish you luck.

lJWiXuB.gif

In other news, of all the things to come out of the new episode, the AmethystXPeridot ship is definitely the most surprising to me.

Some user that goes by Zamii or something "apparently" got bullied into attempting suicide by the Steven Universe fandom.

I say "apparently" because she has a history of sending herself fake death threats, pretends to be a teenager even though she's twenty, and is friends with and supports a convicted pedophile (who goes by griddles or something). (Also, I haven't seen it myself, but people I know criticize her for undertones of fatphobia, pedophilia, racism, and transphobia in her artwork.)

The Steven Universe fandom is being blamed for her drawing Rose as skinny multiple times, I guess? And not for the all around criticisms of, well, everything I just said.

The shady part of this mostly comes from her side. There is a chance that she actually attempted suicide, yes, and I'm going to acknowledge that. (But actual suicide survivors have pointed out how odd she was acting by posting a video and barely talking about the process of what happened.) The problem is I barely got word of this from any side of the fandom, even on Tumblr. I've actually seen more posts shitting on the entire fandom than I have seen actually going towards that one user.

So, something on Tumblr that got blown out of proportion, like that Keystone Motel Yelp "incident"

Essentially, dark side Tumblr side of fandoms proving to be the worst due to their insane PCness yet again.

That is a bizarre incident though, geesh

The thing is, there's a good chance that insane pcness side barely did anything, based on how she faked death threats.

Back