• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

I like how Garnet helps lil PD understand earth better. Pretty heartwarming andmushy, lovely.

Still saying Earth style fusion is totally like sex though. Look at that flustered dorito :D

Last edited:
I love that Peridot is shipping trash like me :>

learning more about the diamonds like
0b3925093e.png

YD was good
Everything else less so
maybe next time

Though she is the newest member of the team, Peri is still very funny about the whole thing.

Yeh, looking at the schedule there are no more new episodes this month. However one of the crewniverse did say people should be happy with the new schedule coming up, so we may be looking at a shift back to a week to week basis in early February

[INB4 HIATUS ENDS IN JULY]

I enjoyed the bomb, but I still can't believe that promo screw-up
spoiling Lapis TA-DA
got on the air without a single person at CN taking notice. It had nothing to do with the five episodes set to run for the week in a series where sequential storytelling is pretty important to the show runners and the audience alike. They couldn't cross reference that clip's episode title with the five eps set to air? I know, mistakes are made, they're only human, but damn is that ever going to deflate a future episode. Oh well, grumbling over, no point in dwelling. Hiatus mode activate.

Perisnot is best girl and this week of episodes is my favorite yet... My jaw literally dropped @ YD

I was really excited about Yellow Diamond's reveal, but no words can express how estatic I was when Peridot stood up to her.

Reactions: Era
so is the final boss of steven universe going to be all the diamonds fused together?

we've seen two but I wanna guess theres at least 4.

Please for the sake of all thats holy let there be a Pink Diamond too

More a theory than a spoiler but about pink diamond:

That's probably Rose.

i think it's Red Diamond. So maybe pink undertones on her design?

let's see. on the diamond communicator there was yellow, blue, white (?), and Red.

Just so you know Pink Diamonds exist and so far the mark was nothing but pink. Also pointing to the theory.

More a theory than a spoiler but about pink diamond
I don't buy that theory. It seems too out there.
??? I guess???
Y'know, when they make a joke about reading way too much into "SUBTEXT" I think we shouldn't be taking the crazy chart too seriously.

More a theory than a spoiler but about pink diamond:

I dunno, since it looks like all rocks of the same type have more or less the same general shape/appearance, and the two diamonds so far have been giant and lithe, and rose is thicc and significantly shorter I think probably not.

whens stevens strange excursion: diamond is not clod

Steven Universe AU where instead of finding Peridot's log date tape, Steven finds Peridot's mixtape
Y'know, when they make a joke about reading way too much into "SUBTEXT" I think we shouldn't be taking the crazy chart too seriously.
That's true, I mean I know the slowed down part of Shippy Peridot on the tape Steven mixed was:
[???] leaving his [???] not to mention Percy is adept at aquatic sports. He would have won the canoe race if he weren’t so busy drooling over Paulette, and the other part where Percy goes to the bottom of the lake to get Paulette’s friendship bracelet proved that [???] by the entire camp [???]. And Pierre is a force to be reckoned with on land, when he [???]. *Steven stops fast forwarding the tape* [NOTE: VIDEO IS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND SO MAY BE OFF AT TIMES]
And Percy is HEAVILY coded to be Peridot, along with Paulette as Lapis and Pierre as Jasper but a joke's a joke I guess

tumblr_inline_o0pngmKpCd1qmdway_540.png

<Next bomb>
*sigh*
come on, just give me a week to week schedule man!

I don't buy that theory. It seems too out there.

I dunno, when you notice that

Pink diamond is missing from the post-war symbols of homeworld, which could mean she has fallen from grace, then Rose is the most likely suspect.

I don't see how it's "out there". Just basic logic created from what we have.

Last edited:
I don't see how it's "out there". Just basic logic created from what we have.
My favorite theory is that Rose worked for Pink but the other Diamonds moved against her to consolidate their own power.

Reactions: Sparties
So I came into watching SU about 2 weeks ago and marathoned the entire thing with in the first 2 days of watching. Since then I have been delving into just about everything that I can about this show.
That being said I think I just come to a 'theory' about the overall homeworld hierarchy arc. But first, how I came to this theory. I was thinking that every if every gem on homeworld has a specific task to be done (Quart-warrior Peridot-engineer ect.) then what do Lapises (Lapii?) do? People I've seen answer with that of a teachers or libertarians, do to her role in Mirror Gem and her stone be associated with that of knowledge. But then why do gems, a race that are created at maturity at 'birth' and, presumably, know what they should do as long as they have been told, with a guidance from some leader figure, need teachers? Also, why wings? Answer, Lapii are messengers, they can travel through space quickly (as she was able to get to homeworld in less than a year) on their own and give information. Which makes Lapii winged messengers, they are essentially Hermes of homeworld and this got me thinking.
1. Lapis in John Lennon glasses acting like Paul Shaffer is a hilarious mental image
2. If I'm right about this Greek God thing then there are many parallels to be made.
Sapphire's cycloptic future vision much like the Fates/Graeae and the cyclops that traded his eye to see the future. The architecture of the sea/sky spires and the Sky arena.
Not only that but we could easily assume things about some of the characters based on this. Blue Diamond is like that of Athena, as for the two characters that followed her are associated with knowledge and wisdom (Sapphire and Lapis). Yellow Diamond as Ares, as she's willing to destroy a planet for a weapon, and fight a war against Pink Diamond (as Jasper said that she fought Rose's arms for in the first war for earth). Pink Diamond of Artemis or Hera, for her love of the earth and willingness to protect it with her life. And what little we know of White Diamond I can only assume as Zeus, but lack any actual anything to back this up other than her diamond is always on top in the Sky arena.

So I came into watching SU about 2 weeks ago and marathoned the entire thing with in the first 2 days of watching. Since then I have been delving into just about everything that I can about this show.
That being said I think I just come to a 'theory' about the overall homeworld hierarchy arc. But first, how I came to this theory. I was thinking that every if every gem on homeworld has a specific task to be done (Quart-warrior Peridot-engineer ect.) then what do Lapises (Lapii?) do? People I've seen answer with that of a teachers or libertarians, do to her role in Mirror Gem and her stone be associated with that of knowledge. But then why do gems, a race that are created at maturity at 'birth' and, presumably, know what they should do as long as they have been told, with a guidance from some leader figure, need teachers? Also, why wings? Answer, Lapii are messengers, they can travel through space quickly (as she was able to get to homeworld in less than a year) on their own and give information. Which makes Lapii winged messengers, they are essentially Hermes of homeworld and this got me thinking.
1. Lapis in John Lennon glasses acting like Paul Shaffer is a hilarious mental image
2. If I'm right about this Greek God thing then there are many parallels to be made.
Sapphire's cycloptic future vision much like the Fates/Graeae and the cyclops that traded his eye to see the future. The architecture of the sea/sky spires and the Sky arena.
Not only that but we could easily assume things about some of the characters based on this. Blue Diamond is like that of Athena, as for the two characters that followed her are associated with knowledge and wisdom (Sapphire and Lapis). Yellow Diamond as Ares, as she's willing to destroy a planet for a weapon, and fight a war against Pink Diamond (as Jasper said that she fought Rose's arms for in the first war for earth). Pink Diamond of Artemis or Hera, for her love of the earth and willingness to protect it with her life. And what little we know of White Diamond I can only assume as Zeus, but lack any actual anything to back this up other than her diamond is always on top in the Sky arena.
Very interesting theory. I wonder if Homeworld has it's own Dionysus then...

So for Valentine's Day, Aivi & Surasshu performed the full version of Love Like You.

Reactions: Ambiguity
So when is next steven bomb?

I don't know. Somehow, CN managed to leak it's own show yet again lol.

i just like how Lapis is just done with everything. She is sick of your shit, world.

(it's strange really i personally know that look thanks to my old gf, those were the days were i would just kept out of her way and tried to treat her to something nice)

Lapis Couldn't-Care-Less-zuli looking like Saitama right now.

Reactions: CountofBleck
Lapis Couldn't-Care-Less-zuli looking like Saitama right now.
i know right? She's just too cute. Next to the Chibi Key Lime that episode is just going to be great.

Also I don't know if this is interesting but one of the scenes has a very distinct cut for some reason.
ht tp://doctorsanity.tumblr.com/post/140062422742/the-malachite-fight-was-cut-short

(For some reason putting the link just came up with "There's nothing here" despite clearly going to a page, weird.)

Didn't Matt Burnett say there'd be some new news we'd just love, like, over a month ago...?

Was the news the leaks? Is that it? Is CN's scheduling so garbage someone in the own studio has to leak SU to keep hype? It's literally the only explanation I can think of ugggh...

Well, other than "was a timed released video to go with a pre-determined schedule of when the episodes would air but CN pushed them back for no reason"

Ow... fuck man May 12th? on a Thrus too? Fuuuuuuuck... I want it now...

does anyone else get the feeling like this show is going to turn real fucking dark super quick and stay that way thru most of the special? I'm almost scared to say it but Steven might get trapped with Peridot in the drill...

oh man oh geeze oh fuck... this could be game over man...