• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

y'know, I couldnt get into steven universe. I guess I just caught some bad episodes. I wasn't a fan of hamburger backpack and ANY episode involving the fry shop family. I did see the one with that cannon and the episode where they revealed fusions, which were alright.
The fusion episodes are typically the best ones.

The fusion episodes are typically the best ones.
cause they're fucking awesome in how the fusions look. So anime... reminds me of the good old hype of DBZ and their fusions, only Steven does it better, with far more interesting looking fusion characters.

I did also see the episode where all 3 do fuse, and I thought to myself "I'd rather see this thing fight over eating breadsticks..."

I'd rather see SS4 Gogeta eat breadsticks than fight :3
What? huh? w-who? Who is this SS4 ... G-Gogeta? All i know is just the regular Gogeta. This must have happened in one of those never released Japanese episodes, right? Or maybe it's one of the many fan fics that people love to write.

it never happened, we do not speak of the GT. and also he looked really freaking dumb.

it never happened, we do not speak of the GT. and also he looked really freaking dumb.
*Will never understand why people never speak of GT*
ANYWAY, BEFORE THIS TURNS INTO A DBZ THREAD
I'm gonna go ahead and predict we're gonna see Rose again... Soooooon....

What? huh? w-who? Who is this SS4 ... G-Gogeta? All i know is just the regular Gogeta. This must have happened in one of those never released Japanese episodes, right? Or maybe it's one of the many fan fics that people love to write.

People trying to forget that GT happened, I'm still trying to forget that Z happened.
It's just really really hard because nobody ever talks about the original dragon ball.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
The Alexandrite episode is my least favourite, it has too much nonsense. Why didn't Connie tell her parents Steven's mum disappeared? Why does Pearl hate food all of a sudden? Why wasting the strongest transformation for such bullshit?

well it does have Crispin Freeman and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Connie's Parents
that was super cool

based on how her parents are characterized (rigid and grumbly) and Connie's own insecurities and fears
it makes sense that Connie would lie to them about Steven's situation. It was completely stupid for her, yeah. But she's a kid and stuff. They're dumb even when they're smart.

I actually really appreciate them introducing Alexandrite in this episode simply for the fact that she's fucking huge and Connie's Parents barely even blink. they care more about her background than her size and obvious non-human features.
It's good comedy.

Pearl really hating food all of a sudden was weird though. I think they exaggerated it a bit too much and wound up making a slight plot hole on accident. It's nothing that messes everything up but it was just kinda weird.

But she's a kid and stuff. They're dumb even when they're smart
Love it when shows can pull this off, without making the kid just be stupid. Connie's intelligent, but yeah, she's still just a kid. 10/10, best kids I've seen in a show~
(And I don't know, I feel like if they at least mentioned Pearl greatly disliking food sometime earlier, this episode's exaggeration with it wouldn't have seemed so odd....)

Yeah, it is a plothole because I remember in the So Many Birthdays episode, Pearl stated that she liked pie(Steven was dressed as a clown, and had a pie, and asked if she liked it.) So yeah.

Reactions: Rynozilla
maybe Pearl only likes pie
and there was a pie shortage in Beach City

oh yeah we can safely say that Pearl LOVES pie.

tumblr_n1w2nfqfiw1r9m7b3o1_1280.jpg

I don't really think that face is reflecting her feelings for pie so much as it does something else.

hint hint -wink wink-

yeah her feelings of sadness as one of her loved ones slowly dies in front of her

ehhhhh he wasn't SLOWLY dying he was just dying from accelerated aging. which is the opposite of dying slowly.

it's almost like i knew what that face was for because i watched that episode too.

ehhhhh he wasn't SLOWLY dying he was just dying from accelerated aging. which is the opposite of dying slowly.
he was slowly dying but at an accelerated pace
so it's more apt to say that he was probably just dying

hey, I was the one who just made a joke about that scene.
you guys were the ones going into detail about it.

Pearl is not just disgusted by food or most food, but by the very idea of eating it. So...

So...
On the Run: The feels... Amethyst having trouble with dealing about her origin, the place where bad gems arise, and trying to hide more truths. The more things we learn about the gems, the more serious things are becoming.

Is this a spoiler thread actually? Does anyone care?
Did not expect that from a fucking episode described as "steven and amethyst go on a road trip!"
Some really good characterization for Amethyst finally, tons of background info on the gems, solid answer to why the home warp was destroyed and what the kindergarten is. Plus it had a really dark tone to it that I love.
Second best episode so far imo, behind mirror/ocean gem.

Reactions: TailsWorld1

THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Top notch episode. I suppose we can rule out the Gems being evil for now. I was actually beginning to think Amethyst was with the Homeworld when Pearl was explaining, and then something else would explain why she stayed on earth.

Put Parasite? Kindergarten? What exactly is its purpose? Is it really just as simple as building a space army? Can't wait to see what else there is.

also Pearl and amethyst development ftw

Not to mention that there were so many virus-like machines. I wonder what they're for? Maybe they're from Homeworld?

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
ohhhhhhhh boy this just got heavy.

so my own head cannon of the gems being a rebel group from the other gems, seems to be true. and that the gems are world conquering beings that use planets' resources to make other gems. all the other holes from the kindergarten, so many other gems that could have been made. is that where Lapus was born? is that why she was imprisoned as mirror? I have a gut feeling that this show is going to turn epically dark real soon, that the age of the happy go lucky Steven is going to see some real things if the home world gems manage to get back on Earth.

ohhhhhhhh boy this just got heavy.

is that where Lapus was born?

I assume it's Lapis. Also wasn't she from Homeworld? She did use her wings to fly back to her home. Perhaps she agreed with the idea that Earth should be manipulated by Homeworld but Pearl and Garnet are against it so they imprisoned her?

oh crud... *slaps tired forehead* you're right Lapis did mention that she was from Homeworld. but that rises up the question, why didn't Lapis try to take out Pearl and Garnet when she was healed by Steven? She had the entire ocean under her control she could have easily crushed them. Why fly back home? anyways there are so many holes in the kindergarten, there are about 200 + different natural gems in the world, soooooo ARE WE GOING TO SEE 200 DIFFERENT GEMS IN STEVEN UNIVERSE AT SOME POINT? AND ARE WE GOING TO ANY OF THEM FUSE?

IIRC Lapis did try to destroy Pearl and Garnet but Steven convinced her not to and helped her reach home. I'm assuming that Lapis would then help Homeworld to do something bad to Earth.

On the run made me feel some type of way.
I dont exactly think they are evil. But the kindergarten I feel revealed soooo much to us.

Not to mention that there were so many virus-like machines. I wonder what they're for? Maybe they're from Homeworld?
Hah, now that you mention that, and with how viruses work, it's completely possible that that's what the Homeworld is up to (replicating their own kind at the cost of the host)

oh crud... *slaps tired forehead* you're right Lapis did mention that she was from Homeworld. but that rises up the question, why didn't Lapis try to take out Pearl and Garnet when she was healed by Steven? She had the entire ocean under her control she could have easily crushed them. Why fly back home? anyways there are so many holes in the kindergarten, there are about 200 + different natural gems in the world, soooooo ARE WE GOING TO SEE 200 DIFFERENT GEMS IN STEVEN UNIVERSE AT SOME POINT? AND ARE WE GOING TO ANY OF THEM FUSE?
She hated being stuck on the earth and the Gems that kept her there, but that was because she was essentially marooned--separated from her community. She didn't (seem to) care what kind of plans the Homeworld had anymore, she was just tired of being alone. Peridot might be different (obviously since she's trying to come back), but I think Lapis's actions mean that their cause, while destructive, isn't all that evil like SonicFox said.
My biggest theory right now is that they're a dying race and they need to use the resources of other planets to reproduce

OH! Now that I think about it, What happened in Lapis's episode can easily be a metaphor for what the homeworld has planned! "But my planet needs the ocean too! and this is my home!"

also I should mention that I had wondered what the fifth gem in the temple was for (Red for garnet, purple for amethyst, white for Pearl, pink for Rose/Steven, and an unknown blue one). The Test ruined my headcanon that the blue gem with Lapis, which would mean she was part of their team but grew tired of it all and betrayed them. But no, all but the pink gem lit up when they let steven into the chambers, implying that Steven is supposed to be blue :C

But no, all but the pink gem lit up when they let steven into the chambers, implying that Steven is supposed to be blue :C

Uh, no? Steven is pink, and its colour on the door doesn't lit up because he's no able to control it. After "exploring"" his mother's room I don't he wants to try for a very long time
The blue one comes from Garnet, which she probably took from another gem(or Garnet by herself is a sort of fusion)

uh actually Garnet opens up her room using the Red and the Blue pieces of the door. Remember she has two gems on each of her hand, both are different in design.

latest

So this might mean the Garnet has the abilities of two crystal gems and not just one. From future vision, it clear that Garnet has the most powers out the entire group. This might make sense because Garnet is made of group of minerals that form in-between each other. and that garnet make up two solid solution series: pyrope-almandine-spessartine and uvarovite-grossular-andradite. kinda makes sense why she would have two gems right?

Are we not gonna talk about the Junji Ito reference?
Because that was an amazing Junji Ito reference.
To be honest, I did not notice that until now and I enjoy reading Junji Ito's work.

Steven getting better with the bubble was what caught my eye.