• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
they're not even touching the story. plus, they've gone over some simple stuff that would help to know before you start.

even though you should have at least played around with it for a while.

EDIT:

oh man, that was good. Pat reminded us how Kanji players got it rough in the new patches for Ultimax.

this makes me even more excited and now I want to play some Arena tomorrow.

Also, Pat hasn't finished the story. I am the same...

Last edited:
The story is nice. Labrys is a pretty great robo-waifu.

Anyway, this must have been recorded a few days ago.

Because if it were more recent I figure Pat would have mentioned all the new playable Rise news for Ultimax.

I haven't finished the story, mainly because every time I want to jump back in I'm reminded "oh yeah, it takes like, 20 minutes at the beginning of a character's story just to get to the first save, BEFORE you even fight.... fuck this"

and we're probably a week behind for the sake of being able to have the Fridays.... or maybe its not on Fridays for the at all! 6n9

They also mentioned during their discussion of zoning/grappling that they'll get to Skullgirls in the future. And I think KoF too?

I always like to make fun of Kanji by calling him a "godless heathen" soley because all of his moves are quarter circles, whereas most grapplers at the very least have a half circle. I do find it weird when grapplers dont have any churning potential, but I'm slowly coming more open-minded about it. Pat would probably hate me for it though....

I really can't wait to hear them talk about Ultimax on the podcast! and it was so good with that Elizabeth vs Elizabeth match. I was surprised no one spammed her beam because I used to see a lot of it online. me included.

The most intriguing thing of the night was the mention of a hypothetical Dark Souls fighting game.
Forget Rise of Incarnates, Namco, just make a Dark Souls fighter to appeal to the west. Everyone here LOVES Dark Souls.

And yet none of the Best Friends want to main Priscilla?!

Priscilla would be OP. her kawaii cancels give her too much frame advantages.

I'm surprised they didn't think about playing as Solaire AND corrupted Solaire.

did somebody say Dark Souls Fighter???
2125667-tumblr_lyo0xjwaz61qk27dho1_500.jpg

Priscilla would be OP. her kawaii cancels give her too much frame advantages.
And her invisibility tech.

Skullgirls 2 better give Marie a Nito color scheme when she gets to be playable. He's a big skeleton made of other smaller skeletons!

they're not even touching the story. plus, they've gone over some simple stuff that would help to know before you start.

even though you should have at least played around with it for a while.

EDIT:

oh man, that was good. Pat reminded us how Kanji players got it rough in the new patches for Ultimax.

this makes me even more excited and now I want to play some Arena tomorrow.

What have the Kanji changes actually been?

What have the Kanji changes actually been?
oh wait, my mistake. it was just Pat being pessimistic. I see Kanji got a lot of buffs, and its just his jumping attack that got nerfed.

seems to me Kanji NEEDS some nerfing now.

Here's the new episode of the RE4 LP. Pat's really fucking good at this!

Here's all of the cutscenes if you don't want to hear their big dumb faces.

oh wait, my mistake. it was just Pat being pessimistic. I see Kanji got a lot of buffs, and its just his jumping attack that got nerfed.

seems to me Kanji NEEDS some nerfing now.

How often will you actually end up in a match with 150 meter and full resources.

How often will you actually end up in a match with 150 meter and full resources.
That's a question I often ask when I see some combo videos.
Combos are nice but a whole lot of them are extremely situational

Damn, I get the tingles just watching these. Totally love the Best Friends Zaibatsu, but I regard the Two Best Friends the better half of it.

OH MY GOSH IT ISN'T A FRIDAY NIGHT FISTICUFFS?!?

YEEEEEEAH!!!!

Damn it, I got so salty when I thought that this was going to be a bait-and-switch video the moment it became Arts and Crafts w/ Woolie and Matt.

Last edited:
We gotta push Haggar for Summer Slam!
capcom really should push Haggar for EVERYTHING.

Haggar should be in Monster Hunter body slamming dragons.

Note: I don't play Monster Hunter. It doesn't have Haggar body slamming dragons, does it?

After I'm done playing Dark Souls and Skullgirls I'm gonna watch every Fisticuffs I've missed.

Jesus Christ, Friday Night Fisting.

Last edited:
soul calibur is pretty radical.

i'm disappointed there wasn't more SC5 nightmare silliness with his counter super.

Oh man, I just edited my post because I accidentally wrote Feeling instead of Fleeing.
Could you imagine that? "All sentimental attachment is banned from the Nuzlocke Run, showing any sort of love towards a Pokémon results in the Pokémon's immediate death."

Back