• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Unofficial Official Beta Discussion Thread

One bit of QoL i would like to see that hasnt been mentioned here yet is the consistency of her flight hurtboxes, Her feet dip down depending on the direction you fly and can lead to her getting clipped at max height for some directions but not others by things such as L-luger, lenny, and Marie's beams. I'd really like for her to have one static hurtbox for flight
I think this would be a really good change because yeah it does not feel good to get clipped after dodging certain moves 'cause you're in neutral fly to punish and WHAM your foot is out and ouch.

3.6.7 live:
I'm gonna miss jLP A2A (happy she keeps the faster overhead) but I think this really is the best of both worlds and pw got to keep most of the good stuff I liked so that's great. My only problem really was that it was thought that Painwheel was "overall nerfed" was not a sentence I was willing to accept but now I don't think anybody would say that.

Regardless I don't think Painwheel beats Robo any time soon (probably her worst match up imo) but anything helps and I'm still happy to see she got anything at all after so many years. Also yay thresher refreshes flight, finally my prayers have been answered

There's definitely a lot more I wanted for the character but given the time constraints, I'm pretty happy with what was given

Reactions: rats__baby
Kinda off topic, but would it be possible to update the endless beta version to have the current build of the game? That would let me run both at the same time and have access to training mode while waiting for games in qm.
This is a GREAT idea- I just ask if we can archive current endless beta as a launch option ie ireallyfearchange so people can still play/lab pre-Annie sg thanks I still load it up to this day.

Reactions: Will and Sg Hen
I'm not sure what's the direction for Marie right now is, no real reason to play her outside of "I enjoy her"

My suggestion to somewhat of a buff(?) Is to make hilgard punch and howl (L,M,H) is to have less recovery time/make him go away much quicker. Maybe keep L punch and howl the same but make hilgard go away quicker at least with M, H

I forgot one update note in the last update which has been added to the patch notes this morning, just a heads up this is also live:

1714675229753.png

This is a GREAT idea- I just ask if we can archive current endless beta as a launch option ie ireallyfearchange so people can still play/lab pre-Annie sg thanks I still load it up to this day.
Can't you just use that trick triv and nope had a while back to play older versions?

I have to say while I understand the j,mk + Assist call nerf, I don't understand the momentum nerfs. Afaik, this isn't an aspect of the character people were really complaining about so what was this nerf for? Don't want to go too deep into my thoughts just yet but I just don't quite understand the logic behind this

ALSO it is again probably healthy for no assist calls after jmk, but it's crazy that Marie loses it after 2 months but robo has had jhk assist call for 10 years
This is a really good point; Robo Fortune should probably not have this if Marie lost it, it basically enables assist calls at heights they probably shouldn't be allowed. And if you want to look at that and go "but Fortune Fiber + assist!!!!" then sure, that can probably go too. Calling assists at heights your opponent cannot see the assist is pretty corny, and SG was designed from the ground up to try and prevent that as much as possible.

Umbrella

This character is STRONG. Considering how strong she is (still) could we consider making all hits she takes in starving automatic counter hit? More incentive to properly manage hunger and makes the disadvantage state more of a disadvantage. I'm with Cloud in feeling like this character is overall better than she was before (which is kind of nuts if you think about it), but rather than take stuff away and make her less fun to play, I would like to see starving made more of a disadvantage stage as an equalizer.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Shub and Lex
I can adjust the launch height of moves to launch characters higher the heavier the character is - that is done ALL over the place for every character. If I can just do that on a few key Umbrella moves I will consider it. OTGless Hungern Rush I really do not think needs to come back.

I think the most noticeable buttons that needs to be adjusted for OS Umbrella are jHP and fHP (lvl2), to some extent the bubble pop as well.
Also, would be super helpful if Salt Grind have some startup reduced to help her routes against mediums as well.
On Overstuffed, Umbrella needs to preserve the OTG to increase her damage, some of her routes are very tricky on mediums as well, so the QoL is welcome against them.

Anyway, I really want to suggest to you to consider giving the Rush bounce back, she got both OS damage reduced and Rush removed, that hurt way too much the Overstuffed gameplan.

Some other notes:
OS sHP xx Puddle SnS needs to be revised against Parasoul on corner, again;
Satiated sHP xx TT deserve to work otgless on corner targets;
sHK ground bounce could be higher to help Umbrella new routes after TT;
Starving does not need the Red HP drain, the most optimal play against Umbrella is timing her out, this is way too punishing;

Also want to ask if you can give the Umbrella's sHK treatment to Cerebella missed Grab Bag, don't really this she needs to eat my OTG.

Last edited:
but Fortune Fiber + assist!!!!" then sure, that can probably go too.
The calls for fortune nerfs are coming from inside the house.
Fiber already puts fortune in a super jump state so she's only calling assist when she's on the ground already, I don't think it's the same at all.
I'm also not sure how you would change fiber+assist without it feeling awful anyway. If it was you can't do assist+fiber in the same input you would just do 62(assist)3HK for the same result but harder execution, or you make it so fortune can't fiber at all when an assist is coming on screen which would be horrendous.

Reactions: Lex
The calls for fortune nerfs are coming from inside the house.
Fiber already puts fortune in a super jump state so she's only calling assist when she's on the ground already, I don't think it's the same at all.
I'm also not sure how you would change fiber+assist without it feeling awful anyway. If it was you can't do assist+fiber in the same input you would just do 62(assist)3HK for the same result but harder execution, or you make it so fortune can't fiber at all when an assist is coming on screen which would be horrendous.
For the record I agree with you; I just think Robo should lose hers, and if Fiber + assist has to be a casualty of that than it's kind of whatever. Robo j.hk + assist exists in the same grey area where you call the assist while grounded or in jump frames, and then instantly launch yourself into the air making the fact you called it while grounded basically meaningless. Maybe Fortune and Robo are going to be unchanged in this regard, but I would like some sort of consistency going forward for characters that can effectively cheese the "no assist calls at SJ height rule". Maybe the solution is giving Marie j.mk + assist back, but to me, it makes more sense to look at the other two worst offenders of this, and those are Fortune Fiber + assist and Robo j.hk + assist.

Also, my suggestion is not removing her ability to fiber when you've already called assist, that's nuts. The "harder execution version" with Fiber + assist is more akin to what I would want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sg Hen
This character is STRONG. Considering how strong she is (still) could we consider making all hits she takes in starving automatic counter hit?
I don't think this meaningfully moves the needle in terms of her strength, it is very rare for her to make it to Starving with her current drain and hunger mechanics imo.

I'm with Cloud in feeling like this character is overall better
Cloud hasn't communicated this anywhere visible to me.

Kinda off topic, but would it be possible to update the endless beta version to have the current build of the game?
I don't expect we'll ever touch it again, sorry. You can achieve this already though by following these steps:

- Delete contents of endless beta install folder.
- Copy the entire contents of your regular Skullgirls install folder into that.
- Create a file called "steam_appid.txt" in the root folder of the new endless beta install folder.
- Paste the app ID of Skullgirls Endless Beta [208610] (or any other game that is not Skullgirls) in that file and save it.
- Launch Skullgirls Endless Beta through Steam using -beta launch option.
- Launch regular Skullgirls.
- You now have two versions open at the same time, one using the ID from Endless Beta and one that uses the regular ID.

The steam_appid.txt file works for every game on Steam btw, not just Skullgirls.

For the record I agree with you; I just think Robo should lose hers, and if Fiber + assist has to be a casualty of that than it's kind of whatever. Robo j.hk + assist exists in the same grey area where you call the assist while grounded or in jump frames, and then instantly launch yourself into the air making the fact you called it while grounded basically meaningless.
I see, I'm fine with the way marie and robo call assists at super jump height personally, but I do understand the perspective that they shouldn't be allowed to do that. I wasn't under the impression that when people talked about robo doing jHK+assist they had a problem with her doing it from the ground, I thought the problematic sequence was viewed to be 7/8/9HK L beam+assist at the top of the screen to create a wall and cover her landing or create an ambiguous left/right as she runs away. I guess it goes without saying since I'm fine with the more egregious cases but even if robo jHK+assist got removed I think she should still be allowed to do it starting from the ground.

Reactions: softie
Also, for general update on timing, I have some reduced availability to make changes until some point next week, before or after Wednesday.

(I am leaving for vacation on Thursday, the 9th.)

Ideally let's have feedback on critical fixes, tweaks, etc, in before Monday, so I can have the highest chance of success for turning things around.

Can we have the buffer on Cerebella's jLPxN jHP back? it feels way worse than it should be to do this string for something that is so essential for the character