• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, i'm the same way. I always thought Scythana and Beowulf would have a platonic cross-gender bromance, not toss a bajillion chairs on each other.
Oh no, they will brawl and it will be epic. But I'm banking on my 12' tall Gigan goddess stomping out the tiny man with the metal chair.

Friendship comes after the beating.

Edit: Because I'm a masochist, can anyone with art skill make an equivalent to that comic with Eliza taunting Annie for not being playable? Except switch Eliza with Beowulf, and Annie with Scythana.

I will be honest here, I was disappointed when Beowulf won the DLC. I didn't find him that interesting. I wanted Annie. Yes, I'm saying it and it's real, I wanted Annie instead of Beowulf.
Now I'm more excited for him than for Eliza...how is it possible? I don't like wolves and muscled men at all :c
Is it the fans? You guys? Probably that

I felt the same way at first about his victory too. I was looking forward to black holes, nebulas and other space shenanigans. After seeing Eliza though I've come to the conclusion he balances out the cast perfectly. Beowulf doesn't have any parasites or fancy living weapons, just peak conditioning and a chair. That alone sets him far enough apart from the roster that I want to see what he ends up like.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I actually think Eliza's moves are very beautiful even though I didn't root for her to win. I also hope that Beowulf's moves will look good as well (it was said that he'll use his trophies from his past matches) even without cool powers like Eliza.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnah, Beowulf can-and has!-smacked bigger Gigans than Scy around, he can bring her down.
Bigger doesn't mean better. I took down 16 colossus by climbing on their backs or heads and stabbing them repeatedly. I don't think that would have worked if they could drop kick me into the pavement.

Beowulf is currently undefeated, if he's going to lose to someone it's not going to be Scythana.
I don't see Beowulf losing to someone I could beat.

Beowulf is currently undefeated, if he's going to lose to someone it's not going to be Scythana.
You have made a grave error, for multiple reasons

tumblr_n64z22NNZ01qhjbxeo2_500.gif

l.gif

I have this constant tendency to associate Beowulf with lariats due to sheer force of manlyness and violence.. Hugo and Tizoc have them, and they have been a popular fixture in japanese style wrestling since Stan Hanson's run throughout the 1970s. Can you for instance imagine a mighty bionic arm style lariat punching it's way across the screen. Perhaps temporarily bending his chair around his arm before snapping it back into it's normal shape after delivering a mighty crippling blow that sends his opponent flying.

I mean the puns write themselves don't they? Chair-Liner, Chairiat

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
No seriously what do you guys mean, what did I do?
You manage to beat a 12' tall monstrous being in a fist fight than I would commend you and by you a steak.

You manage to beat a 12' tall monstrous being in a fist fight than I would commend you and by you a steak.
If Beowulf can do it then so can I.
Also I don't eat meat.

It's typical for the weak to doubt the strong, isn't it?

Reactions: Lavama
Enough. I would think you all to be above a pissing contest. And to believe that one can be stronger than a character within a fighting game, especially one coming from a line of extremely powerful supernatural humanoids, is asinine.

Reactions: Lavama
Alright Forge, but I believe that you and everyone else here are severely underestimating what I'm capable of.

Last edited:
To be honest I really just pictured myself arriving like this when I came back here and commented:
Well you do have that power.
EDIT: By the way, I'm switching back to my old avatar. I've worn that goofy mask long enough.

Last edited:
I was talking about Skullgirls to my parents and they said they wouldn't let me buy it for the lack of educational purposes.

Jeez, it's a videogame
Do they watch soap operas and CSI Miami to learn?
I don't think so

I was asked to find a 2D animation (game or whatever) that's as good as Skullgirls but without violence.

And i don't know any modern ones.

I was talking about Skullgirls to my parents and they said they wouldn't let me buy it for the lack of educational purposes.
My Dad's the same way, he sees absolutely no worth in video games.
However he's also a very reasonable person who believes that as long as a person does their work they should be allowed to do whatever they want without criticism.

So my advice is to do something responsible, take care of some business in your life that you haven't done yet.
Make you're parents say "I'm proud of you" before buying something frivolous. You're 18, there's plenty to do.
Sorry I'm rambling.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Good news: they said that I'll be able to play Skullgirls if one of my sister buys it so thet can control the time I play it so that I don't get too obsessive.

Psh
Too obsessive

Daily 10 hour training sessions are a must
Then 14 hours to practice your stuff online

See not even excessive in the slightest

Reactions: TechPowah and Muro
I will be honest here, I was disappointed when Beowulf won the DLC. I didn't find him that interesting. I wanted Annie. Yes, I'm saying it and it's real, I wanted Annie instead of Beowulf.
Now I'm more excited for him than for Eliza...how is it possible? I don't like wolves and muscled men at all :c
Is it the fans? You guys? Probably that
It's a common thing. StarWulf and whatnot.

I was asked to find a 2D animation (game or whatever) that's as good as Skullgirls but without violence.

And i don't know any modern ones.

It depends on what your parents call 'violence' though. No child dislikes gummy characters beating each other in cartoons

My mum is kinda like your parents since she knew about my brother and World of Warcraft. She thought I was obsessed, too. She wake up when she realized I don't spend more than two hours at day in videogames, and it didn't give me any bad influence. It actually helps me with my stress

Cool so video -do- help people with stress? My parents said otherwise but idk

Older people talk shit about videogames because they know nothing about them and the unknown is scary. It's like for science and tecnology

Gaming too much can hurt you but anything can hurt if you take too much of it, it's logic

Damn kids and their hippity rolls.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Cool so video -do- help people with stress? My parents said otherwise but idk
they can be stress relievers. but it all depends on how you wish do deal with that stress in videogames.

some people enjoy going balls crazy in GTA, others play games like Dynasty Warriors so they can just decimate armies with a single character. Videogames have also been proven to help build hand eye coordination as well.

the huffington post even did an article about them
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/video-games-good-for-us_n_4164723.html

I'll die happy if I can see Beowulf grab Aeon, Venus, and the Holy Mother all at once and deliver a German Suplex that people will sing songs about throughout history.

"D-Did you just suplex the Trinity?"

I just had a thought. There are plenty of professional wrestlers who have moved on to acting careers in cinema.
Is there a possibility that Beowulf did some acting during his retirement?

Perhaps, perhaps. Maybe that's how he knows Annie.

I still personally want him to run a business though, you know, to mirror the Geatish King Beowulf.

Reactions: Denizen
Status
Not open for further replies.