• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries dude. I need to get back in fightin shape and stuff. I'm bound to take a beating every once in a while in pursuit of that.

Hey wolves, go visit the New Wulf Order. I have a discussion set up and I've made an announcement for our first Skullgirls related activity.

No worries dude. I need to get back in fightin shape and stuff.
hey at least you learned that I do the Icky air reset, and from that i just baited you until you died from it. :C geeze now i feel kind bad.

hey at least you learned that I do the Icky air reset, and from that i just baited you until you died from it. :C geeze now i feel kind bad.

You shouldn't feel bad for playing the game right yo

You shouldn't feel bad for playing the game right yo
Miss ... The icky reset is like a really crappy stupidly obvious reset. and i haven't taken the time to learn any other one cause I'm a lazy butt.

Beowulf should do this.
tumblr_ndivmnVGlQ1tjig0uo1_400.gif

If Beowulf had an ending similar to Hugo's in Street Fighter III Third Strike, I would die of laughter and happiness.

He's pretty. Not as pretty as me, but close.

Also

Lucha underground started up this week. It's a new fed on the El Ray network done like a tv series that takes obvious cues from robert rodriguez movies and wrestling society x. It's wrestling that's filmed sort of like it's a movie with high budget backstage stuff and an overarching storyline...and then normal americanized lucha wrestling in the ring.

It's pretty interesting so far. Too early to call it good when one of the top guys is Chavo Guerrero and an aging Blue Demon jr. Definitely worth a watch though.

Also, it has Ricochet as Prince Puma.

YxLln5Z.gif

The current winner of the "best of the super juniors" in glorious Nippon and flippy indy god.

Last edited:
So we got lots of stuff we'd seen...and then beowulf going into grab mode off of his j.hp, the chair being kicked, and beo picking up/landing on the chair.

Actually not too far till the beta I think. Still missing standing heavies and a single air attack, but that isn't too much.

Last edited:
Is there a link to the archive yet? I missed everything 'cause I was playing video games and I expected someone to alert The Den when Beowulf was being shown, but nobody did.

Aaaaahhhhh I can't see the updates cuz I went away for the weekend and when I get home I'm gunna be moving but when I can see the updates I'll make them into gifs asap aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Um, there's not much, once again.
He's got his j.HP implemented, the one we saw being animated. With chair it's just a hit but without it goes straight into grab mode like his c.MK.
And he got an air finisher grab, where he spins around and does a frog splash was it?
Body slam? Body press?
I- I'm not good with the wrestling terminology.

He also has the ability to actually deploy the chair onto the field with jHk instead of just having a with-chair/no-chair toggle with double-kick, but that's the only deploy move he has, and the chair itself doesn't do anything.

In flashy animations Eliza wins but the gameplay of Beowful looks better and more original and he looks like a real grappler, I was a little disappointed with Eliza because the animations and her lore are so cool but she doesn't feel like a real blood goddess. (she only has one special related to her blood and no supers about blood or her servants)

I agree and disagree. I don't really feel the lack of blood supers because her whole concept is blood goin around taking shapes. Beowulf may not be animation-wise intriguing like her, but it's still very creative and the faces he makes oh my God the faces he makes

I agree and disagree. I don't really feel the lack of blood supers because her whole concept is blood goin around taking shapes. Beowulf may not be animation-wise intriguing like her, but it's still very creative and the faces he makes oh my God the faces he makes

That's right but the shapeshifting thing doesn't feel like blood attacks, you can replace that with sand, mud, snow, etc, her sadistic and powerful side on the story mode doesn't represent well in game, I think the initial blood mechanic was perfect for her and Sekhmet is nice but she lacks something (like a super with a hyper form like Samson and Leviathan), she lost potential on her specials and supers, when I see Big Band and the description of him is a cyborg based on musical instruments, all his special moves and supers are telling he is really that, same with Squigly as a singer with a parasite and Beowulf being a grappler.

But well she is done and nothing can't be changed right now, so let's back to the manly grappler talk.

That's right but the shapeshifting thing doesn't feel like blood attacks, you can replace that with sand, mud, snow, etc, her sadistic and powerful side on the story mode doesn't represent well in game, I think the initial blood mechanic was perfect for her and Sekhmet is nice but she lacks something (like a super with a hyper form like Samson and Leviathan), she lost potential on her specials and supers, when I see Big Band and the description of him is a cyborg based on musical instruments, all his special moves and supers are telling he is really that, same with Squigly as a singer with a parasite and Beowulf being a grappler.

But well she is done and nothing can't be changed right now, so let's back to the manly grappler talk.
I have similar sentiments about Eliza. I really wish more had been done with Sekhmet since they dropped the original blood mechanic. Sekhmet just doesn't feel "right" for some reason and I think it's because she lacks any specials to help link her moves together and I find myself just doing the same combo into lp>lp>lp>mp>hp>j.hp etc. etc. etc.

Overall she's a good character but I am liking Beowulf's gameplay a bit more than I liked what I saw from Eliza during her development phase. Plus I really feel like Beowulf is going to give me a powerful solo option is he has ranged chair throws in addition to his grab mode (I played the hell out of the Final Fight series). A hybrid, zoning/grappler character would be nice.

Wouldn't have this issue if you'd just voted Annie like you should've etc.

tumblr_n829wowQ8B1ro0g5eo1_250.png

I'm going to have to update this picture and use a wet mop or something if this persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back