• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Them's Fightin' Herds

They are putting up more lore now everyday on the official site.

Now I'm hoping for a nighttime stage with transparent predator ghosts in the background.

Also, even the game's furry fandom in the comments is overwhelmingly reading too much into the story and treating the predators like the victims.
Or perhaps we simply haven't read deep enough!

The world used to be all herbivores, but a few species (especially the deer), in their quest to increase the grazing land of their nations, took their magical experiments too far and created the ultimate weapon: carnivores. The blood-lusting beasts were designed to devour-our-our the flesh of their creators' enemies. With no enemies to fight, the grazing lands would be bountiful..... The herbivores who utilized carnivores trained their weaponized creations to obey their commands and were successful in their conquest....however....

The carnivores had their natural urges and made conquests of their own. As they spread gore, they also spread their seed......cubs with no training; wild beast that could not be tamed. Soon the wild generation, unable to control their built in blood-lust or urge to reproduce, soon overwhelmed both the herbivores and the 1st generation.

A council of the world top warriors and magicians was formed to make a counter strategy. Only one seemed plausible with the limited, but powerful, resources they had. Seal the predators away for all eternity.......or until some dumbass (sorry Steve. [Steve the Donkey: none taken]) decides to fluff with the seal. Whichever comes first. Lets also move they key to the seal around instead of keeping it under watch of the world most powerful warriors. I'm gonna go eat some hay now and bray nothing happens.

:PUJNA:

The whole banishing thing is reminiscent of nightmare moon (surprise, surprise). Given how the moral grey area of that was argued to death and how Lauren never got to explore it herself (she didn't work on FiM past the second season), I think she would take advantage of not being restricted to the simplicity of a little kid's show to write something more mature.

seems like the goat stretch goal is the character that got rid of the carnivores originally.

Well, the prophet who banished the carnivores to The Hold probably was a goat from the description. But are they going to make a character who is thousands of years old with one horn a playable character? I doubt it. Even if she was an eternally young ghost that seems too supernatural to be consistent with the cast they have made so far.

Could be something like a descendant of the prophet, but I could see Luna in fighting is magic so why not.

Edit: Also yeah, this means that a beta is gonna be real, for those of you who were holding out on it until that information happened
Excellent

I actually did already back it for $40 a few days ago, though

Reactions: Oreo and erkicman
UGH. want to buy into the beta too but i jsut spent a bunch of moolah for my birthday so i would feel bad. lol will probably do it anyway

Development stream, people. 7:00 PM EST Friday, be there or don't be there.

http://www.twitch.tv/manesix
will keep it in mind,.. directly contradicts a skullgirls thing i do though. fuck. time to pull some strings

"No one knows exactly just when or how the predators disappeared, but the most famous legend says that a great elder, long of leg, long of horn, and long of beard, had finally grown weary of living in fear. A desert creature, this Bearded Prophet hailed from the time of pharaohs and pyramids, and most importantly, magic."

This are complex... Goats dont has a long legs and not desert creature. Camels has long legs and are desert, but not has horns and not has beard as defaut. Maybe a mystical creature can fit in this description?

And another part of prologue states the prophet as SHE...

An unicorn? With beard? THat lives in the desert?

An unicorn? With beard? THat lives in the desert?

Is a best shot... only the desert part are bad for this, because unicorns are not normally "desert creature"

Is a best shot... only the desert part are bad for this, because unicorns are not normally "desert creature"
unicorns are everything. =D

goats are a pretty wide spread group, I know for one that a lot of middle eastern food uses goat milk extensively.

They are doing a Referrals contest too.
The person that raises the most out of referrals will get everything in the Custodian of Worlds ($5000) tier AND the unique, one and only ‘Golden Super Toot’ lobby item that does cool stuff for everyone in the lobby. The second and third to raise the most out of referrals will receive the Horned Guru ($500) tier as well as one of only two ‘Silver Super Toot’ that do cool stuff for everyone nearby.

But that’s not all, Fœnicians. Everyone who raises at least $100 in referrals (including our grand winners) will get the exclusive ‘Tiny Toot’ lobby item. And everyone that raises at least $15 will receive the (also exclusive) ‘Launch Party Hat’ lobby item, just what you need to party out during launch day. Note that you must have backed a tier that includes the game for you to be able to receive in-game prizes.

Those goat herders from Afghanistan are pretty famous. Well, at least I heard a lot about them on the news due to the war. Oh, and this:

south-park-s05e09c06-looks-like-were-going-to-afghanistan-16x9.jpg

And this too:
metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-melhor-jogo-multiplataforma-e3-2014.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Covenant
welp

time to take a looksy at all the... gulp game development. aka 60% SG tools/ sounds playing over animal fighters.

time to analyze literall every second of the matches they played.

But... anyone know what the tech window in skullgirls is? because apparently TFH's tech window is 24 frames and tht sounds like a lot

also projectiles have hurtboxes. pretty neat!

iirc SG's is 13f tech window +7f startup to react to a grab, so yeah, 24f is A LOT

24f is react able. Can't say I'm a fan of that. Looks like velvets super has a freezing effect so you can continue your combo.

Last edited:
What if any Frameskip do they use? Kind of important to determine whether a thing is reactable or not.

We have some form of frame skip on iirc, I don't know what it's set to currently.

24f is react able. Can't say I'm a fan of that. Looks like velvets super has a freezing effect so you can continue your combo.
iirc SG's is 13f tech window +7f startup to react to a grab, so yeah, 24f is A LOT
getting killed by grabs is annoying esp in SG where you're better of reading a throw reset, but at the same time it's one of the better (if basic) ways to open up a turtling player. making these grabs too reactable nerfs grabs significantly enough that Good blocking/turtling will nearly always win unless you're asleep. good thing they're early in development so they can make as many changes as needed. Maybe an increased tartup but a decreased overall tech window would be enough.

Also, while i dont really mind the long combos, they're still pretty long. saw in their training mode that their juggle bar has a 380 limit, so there'd be plenty of room/time to balance it like Undizzy in SG. also it seems the bar increased with every actual hit instead of each button pressed. wonder how that'll work out in the end

Reactions: dead and fenster
Reactions: Shockdingo
This Xanadu feature... it... oh man... I can't even begin to describe it. Uh... at first, I didn't think much of it... I was like, "man, these testimonials are average." You know... there's these... impressions, you know...

Reactions: Meow-Professor
so someone compared it to UNIEL and Melty

how.. exactly do those games play?

yeah that's the basic gist of both games, But UNIEL is way faster when it comes to the pressure/ combo area and unfortunatly there is no chip death in that game so if it does craw to a halt you'll get this weird awkward moment were you're just poking each other at max range.

This Xanadu feature... it... oh man... I can't even begin to describe it. Uh... at first, I didn't think much of it... I was like, "man, these testimonials are average." You know... there's these... impressions, you know...
I think the impressions were fine. It's just that all it is are some guys standing in front of a green background talking about the game. No flair, no pizzazz, not a whole lot in the way of creative editing. But I get the feeling that they presented the impressions this way in order to make them feel authentic.

Reactions: erkicman
I think the impressions were fine. It's just that all it is are some guys standing in front of a green background talking about the game. No flair, no pizzazz, not a whole lot in the way of creative editing. But I get the feeling that they presented the impressions this way in order to make them feel authentic.
Oh yeah, no doubt. Sure it was cringey at places, but it was definitely one of the most honest sets of testimonials for a pre-release game I've seen. At the end of the day, it just felt so good (Kreygasm)

I feel like they could have at least put gameplay behind the talking heads. I mean, free green screen and all.
I:-^I

Green Screen adventures BEGIN~!

It's just that all it is are some guys standing in front of a green background talking about the game.

That's actually just the wall. Before VGBootCamp bought the store, the previous owners painted the entire front room green. I have no idea why.

I feel like they could have at least put gameplay behind the talking heads. I mean, free green screen and all.

Considered it, but it looked even cheesier than just leaving the wall there.

Arizona's Book of Lore is up.

“No use crying over spilt milk!” she crows triumphantly.

Minnesota winces. “Oh geez, c’mon…”

That is the appropriate response to that cow pun.

The developers gave an endorsement to Indivisible in their latest update, which was nice of them to do.

Following crowdsource shoutout etiquette, it's your turn now Lab Zero.

Wow people already getting salty over the lore votes. Reminds us of the old times, huh?

Reactions: Muro and Scar