• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Thrill Kill

Caleb

Savage Bypass
Reaction score
Steam
Von_Kalev
Cerebella Robo Fortune
I assume you've heard of this game.

Warning: Lots of violent shit going on here.

thrill-kill.jpg

513c9460500b7.jpg

Well, story is: This game was being developed by Paradox in the late '90s, and it was almost all set to release, but Electronic Arts (yeah, EA Games) bought Virgin Interactive (the publisher) and they thought that this game was too nasty to being related to them. So basically they shut it down.
From what I know, the delivered copies were 'sold' and the developers leaked some versions of the game into the internet. That's what I heard.

Let's talk about the game. It was a 3D fighting game involving combats between four characters at the same time. They build up some power bar by attacking the others, and when someone reaches its maximum power, he/she can kill one of the others. In the end, only one will remain alive.

The characters were a bunch of psychos, monsters and bloodthirsty bastards. Look at them:

art_2.jpg

art_5.jpg

art_7.jpg

art_8.jpg

art_9.jpg

art_10.jpg

art_11.jpg

art_12.jpg

art_13.jpg

art_17.jpg

art_18.jpg

The stages were great too. A crematorium, a meat-packing fridge, a jail, a crime alley... even a dirty bathroom with "HELL ON EARTH" painted on a cabinet lol

This game had its dark humour. Some special moves involved a crotch-smash by Belladonna, or a pelvic hit by Oddball, among other creepy and weird stuff.

The soundtrack by Contagion was amazing too. I like that kind of music, and it fits perfectly the dark atmosphere of the game.

Storyline. It was pretty simple. Eight persons died and went to hell. There, Marukka (the green demon from above) makes them fight in a tournament where the winner will obtain his/her resurrection. And that's it lol

---

I love this game. It's a real shame that EA brought down this project. Maybe it wasn't its time. The game needs a lot of improvements, but they couldn't be made.
I don't know if someday we would see a remake in all its bloody glory, I hope so. The mechanics and storyline should be improved.

Here, watch the intro:

And this nice fan site --> http://thrillkill.fdmk.net/ (lots of good info)

My favorite characters were Dr. Faustus, Tormentor, Belladonna and Violet ^^

Have you played it? What did you think of it?
Or... would you like to play it?

Does Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style technically count as playing this?

Because Shaolin Style is basically Thrill Kill with the cheezy horror swapped out for cheezy kung-fu.

Oh yeah I remember this game. It's kind of ironic now due to EA publishes the Dead Space series. The only game series I gave a care that was from EA. I actually would like to see this game somehow magically get onto the PS Store.

Reactions: Caleb
Does Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style technically count as playing this?

Well, it was some sort of "spiritual successor" lol

I agree with you, Triforce. However, I hope some fg studio (like Netherrealm) could remake this game someday. It would be amazing, and nobody would be scared these days lol

Reactions: Light-Triforce
Well, it was some sort of "spiritual successor" lol

I agree with you, Triforce. However, I hope some fg studio (like Netherrealm) could remake this game someday. It would be amazing, and nobody would be scared these days lol

I think that's why some are complaining how horror themed games aren't "scary" nowadays. Because they gotten use to it so much it's not even scary to begin with. lol

Reactions: Caleb