• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Togglable P+P Dash

you dont have to use pp to dash?
That's not the issue. The issue is going for a super like Fukua's qcf.LP+MP & getting a dash instead. Granted, part of that is my own fault for being bad and for using a standard 360 pad, but it doesn't help when no other fighter I play works like that.

That's not the issue. The issue is going for a super like Fukua's qcf.LP+MP & getting a dash instead. Granted, part of that is my own fault for being bad and for using a standard 360 pad, but it doesn't help when no other fighter I play works like that.
you probably are not doing the a full QCF you should try to practice that motion

PP for dash is also the same input for push block
You can bait people into doing push blocks with things like Parasouls 2LK, 4HK.

If you could turn off PP for dash then you wouldn't be able to get pushblock baited and instead you'd poke them.

If you get dash instead of a super, it's because you missed the QCF motion, so just practice that in the training mode for awhile until you get it down.
If it helps, turn on training mode inputs in a list so you can see your inputs when mess it up and pin point the problem.

Ex: :D::DF::DF::PP:

Just work on your inputs, it's there for a reason! : )

Last edited:

which other fighters are you playing? not SF4 by any chance? i know that game the inputs are really lenient. i think perhaps you just arent pressing the buttons soon enough after you do the motion. once you get used to it its not an issue.

which other fighters are you playing? not SF4 by any chance? i know that game the inputs are really lenient. i think perhaps you just arent pressing the buttons soon enough after you do the motion. once you get used to it its not an issue.
Not any Marvel game either since bad inputs in those games can also result in a dash coming out instead of the super.

Last edited:
If you are getting a dash instead of the super, then you are not inputting a valid QCT motion for the super, or even for a regular fireball. Super and special move inputs have higher priority than everything else.
If there were no PP dashes and you messed up a QCT+PP, you would get a regular punch instead. You still won't get a super.

Your problem is that you are messing up the motion in the first place, not what you get if you mess up the motion.

Denied for the reasons that other people have pointed out, but the feature request wouldn't solve your problem anyway.

And in the future instead of "I request you allow me to turn of PP dashing" I would suggest you post "Getting a PP dash instead of a super, help?" Don't post the solution you think of to a problem you're having without describing the problem - post the PROBLEM you're having and see if other people can help with solutions. :^)

If you are getting a dash instead of the super, then you are not inputting a valid QCT motion for the super, or even for a regular fireball. Super and special move inputs have higher priority than everything else.
If there were no PP dashes and you messed up a QCT+PP, you would get a regular punch instead. You still won't get a super.

Your problem is that you are messing up the motion in the first place, not what you get if you mess up the motion.

Denied for the reasons that other people have pointed out, but the feature request wouldn't solve your problem anyway.

And in the future instead of "I request you allow me to turn of PP dashing" I would suggest you post "Getting a PP dash instead of a super, help?" Don't post the solution you think of to a problem you're having without describing the problem - post the PROBLEM you're having and see if other people can help with solutions. :^)
I think there's been a slight misunderstanding; I wasn't saying that I CAN'T do supers due to P+P dash, but rather I would like the choice that, should I screw up my inputs for a super or something (because an unmodified gen-1 x360 dpad can be hell-incarnate for fighting games at times), I would get a punch instead of a dash.
As d3v concluded, I don't play any other games similar to Skullgirls, nor do I play it competitively so I didn't know it was in there for push-block baiting (as Skarmand pointed out). Actually, had I known that, I wouldn't have posted anything.

Probably an unnecessary explanation at this point and I probably still didn't explain very well but, ehhh, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whatever.

I think there's been a slight misunderstanding;
You're right, that didn't come across at all. Gomen ne.

I understand now, and yes, I would like you not to have that choice. :^) The extra explanation is much appreciated, though.

Back