• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

I meant Part 1 of Naruto.
Which is what it's called before Sasuke leaves the Leaf.
Part 1 of Naruto is garbage compared to Shippuden
Oh OK I get it.

Jeez I just want to watch Soul Eater...

TIME FOR ONE PISU!

Reactions: Denizen
Oh you like One Piece SkyKing? I don't really like One Piece but I understand why others do. It's a good show it's just not really my taste.

I'll admit though that Zoro guy is awesome. 3 swords, 2 in each hand, and 1 in his mouth?
This guy is a badass motherfucker.

Maybe I should start wearing a bandana...

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Part 1 of Naruto is garbage compared to Shippuden
Really? Because I rather liked the first series (filler aside.)
Shippuden starts out ok, but quickly degenerates into nonsense.

It's kind of like how people told me that dragonball is garbage compared to dragonball z, when I enjoyed the first series because they weren't having super space alien battles for the fate of man kind every episode. It was just a funny little lighthearted series with some cool characters.

Hellz yeah I love it! Zoro IS badass! I seriously wish I had teeth like Zoro they're indestructible.

YEEEEEAAAAAH SOOOOOUUUUUL EAAAAATEEEEER!!!!!
1B6.gif

1371666989696.gif

Went through the Soul Eater anime once more when the manga ended. I really hope they do a re=build or something that follows the manga more closely, would be sick.

Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
1371666989696.gif

Went through the Soul Eater anime once more when the manga ended. I really hope they do a re=build or something that follows the manga more closely, would be sick.
basically this
I absolutely DESPISE the anime's ending!

It's just that Naruto Part 1 hasn't really aged well, to me at least.
For me the plot just kind of became gibberish. Every so often I go back to the wikia to see what's happening (because the wikia is both faster and 500x more entertaining than the show at this point) and it's a legitimate challenge for someone who watched all the non-filler original naruto episodes and a lot of shippuden (I got to the part where deidara dies, then dropped out because of that whole time warp jutsu bullshit) to understand what's going on even when it's put in the most simple words possible. From what I understand, there are evil uchiha eyes and tobi's going to make the moon a big mirror for his evil eyes so he can do the evil eye thing on everyone who happens to look at the moon at that moment, and somehow that makes everyone his slaves.
I also find it funny that they only recently revealed that tobi is obito when literally everyone knew like 7-8 years ago when I watched the show.

basically this
I absolutely DESPISE the anime's ending!
I don't hate the ending, in fact I kind of like it. Of course I'm a little biased when I say that because I never read the manga and the "Gecko Ending" plays to my interests.
Killing an incredibly powerful demon of insanity with nothing but a fistful of courage really speaks to me.
But I still agree I bet a reboot that follows the manga would be much better.

Yeah, I mean Brotherhood did it
And a whole lot of awesome shit happens in the manga.
Like Girl Soul
Yooooo I read about that on the Soul Eater Wiki and I want to see that part sooooo bad in anime form.
Does that make me weird?

Hmmm Sword Art Online.
I'm not excited about this show anymore.

Jeez how many girls are they going to ship this guy with?

Jeez how many girls are they going to ship this guy with?

All of them. Even the men. You know what? Especially the men.

It'd be nice if there was more romantic development, but given the situation all the characters are in, I'll take it. Plus it's pretty strictly Asuna x Kirito, so there's not much wiggle room for the rest of Kirito's harem.

IGPX. Mecha Racing Anime.
This show actually really grew on me.

Oh God, I take back what I said about Star Wars: The Clone Wars. If there's one thing that can make a grown man like me cry it's Martyrdom. I'm not even exaggerating, I really just just shed a few tears. MANLY TEARS.

Let's hear it for the Clone Troopers, the real soldiers.
tumblr_mkpmcecCO51rel4lco1_500.gif

OK Big O is next. I like this one too, especially the music.

Reactions: Jutsei
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Really good show, I should really watch it from beginning to end. I watched the original Full Metal Alchemist and thought it was fantastic but from what I've been hearing from everyone here Brotherhood is ten times better. I'm definitely adding it to the list of what I need to watch.

Oh God Winry...

I know I'm the only one here by this point but I might as well stay consistent with my show to show comments. I never watched Cowboy Bebop from start to finish but every episode I see is just plain amazing. I really need to get started on clearing this list...

Well this is the last show for me tonight. Good Night Everyone...

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Hey look, it's Sarah's episode of SAO (she's Lisbeth)
I wish she showed up more in the anime, she's hella cute. And she makes weapons.
Liz seems nice.

So, when's the Liz alternate color for Peacock? I bet she'd look good with pink hair.

Hey look, it's Sarah's episode of SAO (she's Lisbeth)
I wish she showed up more in the anime, she's hella cute. And she makes weapons.
I actually really really really wanted Kirito to end up with Lisbeth. Honestly anyone but Asuna or Leafa would be great, but Lisbeth was definitely the best one.
She's the only one who has a love scene with him that seems genuine, even if they totally stole the shot from Spirited Away.

Well I can't watch Toonami tonight because of a number of reasons.

I hope that everyone that is watching is having a great time with it. Maybe I'll be able to catch Cowboy Bebop or something but considering that I'm missing most of the shows tonight I may not even bother with it.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY SAMURAI...

Last edited:
Toonami is on now.
I know that no one is going to stay up and talk about it, but for the sake of consistency I'm bumping this thread up.

FILLER I wish they'd skip it but I guess they have to show filler.

So is the point to talk about the shows as they play?

As much as I enjoy Bleach, the fillers are insufferable. I understand they have to wait for the manga/story to be written (I'm also well aware we get dubs way later and the anime is wrapped up), but it'd be nice if they took a break instead.

Anyways, tonight's episode of Sword Art Online is a good one. Soul Eater is also worthy of a watch if you love that androgynous ball of awkward, Crona.

I can't get into sword art online :/ but I do love me some Crona.

So is the point to talk about the shows as they play?
Yeah That's basically the point. This is also a place where you can just talk about the shows on Toonami specifically, other than the Anime/ Manga General Discussion.

Speaking of SAO there is actually a 2d fighter coming with Asuna (other girl is Shana from Shakugan no Shana) in it..

21_dengeki04.jpg

Would be tempted to buy it if Kirito dual wielder (Not the fairy version) and a few other key individuals was in it.

this episode of bleach (even though its filler) makes me think about how Ichigo's sisters should be way more important given the recent reveals in the manga about their parents.

then again, expecting bleach to make sense probably isn't a good idea to begin with.

Speaking of SAO there is actually a 2d fighter coming with Asuna (other girl is Shana from Shakugan no Shana) in it..

21_dengeki04.jpg

Would be tempted to buy it if Kirito dual wielder (Not the fairy version) and a few other key individuals was in it.

Guess no one payed attention to the Tokyo Game Show thread.

Valkyria Chronicles will make it in since their tanks are in the background of that stage.

Speaking of SAO there is actually a 2d fighter coming with Asuna in it..

... I get to play as rapier chick? I love rapier chick.

At least this chick fight on Naruto's more interesting than that Ino vs Sakura crap. I stopped reading Naruto a looooong time ago and I don't think I'll be picking it back up, but I wanna know, does Sakura ever do anything interesting? As far as I remember, she was just sorta... there.

I literally turned on to Naruto and within the first 10 seconds I immediately was reminded of the stupidity that happens in it -.-

At least this chick fight on Naruto's more interesting than that Ino vs Sakura crap. I stopped reading Naruto a looooong time ago and I don't think I'll be picking it back up, but I wanna know, does Sakura ever do anything interesting? As far as I remember, she was just sorta... there.
She becomes strong in Shippuden for the first couple arcs but after that she's just sorta... there. I don't know what happens after the Five Kage Summit Arc. I'll only watch Naruto again after it ends.

One Piece may be going through the almighty anime storm (often dubbed the "filler hurricane"), but it's near the end of it. When it hits the calm skies of the canon seas, oh you'll see a spectacle all right.

No, but seriously it's going to get a heck of a lot more interesting in the near future.

IGPX has really grown on me-
NO, FUCK NO, THEY ARE NOT PAIRING UP LIZ AND TAKASHI.
THAT LITTLE TWERP DOESN'T DESERVE HER, SHE'S A STRONG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WHO DOESN'T NEED A MAN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex