• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

And to hammer home how amazing Toonami is
Samurai Jack coming to Toonami in February
33b.gif

Reactions: Crayolan
Really hope Toonami don't cut this opening
Glad it's coming back, shame though the series ended on a cliffhanger. Much better show then Clone Wars.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Glad it's coming back, shame though the series ended on a cliffhanger. Much better show then Clone Wars.
at least it's continuing as a comic book.

Reactions: PureYeti

They'll probably play the whole thing the first episode, then cut out the Aku-narrated intro after that. 1:17 is too long for them.

Kind of late to the party, but I just saw Akira today(on my DVR) and know wonder people saw it's one of the best animes of all time. The animation is as good as I heard it was and it's AMAZING that the movie came out in 1988.

Also Samurai Jack is coming to Toonami.....
tumblr_mwjw53fZba1qitc21o1_500.gif

I have the DVD and such for it already but I am looking forward to Summer Wars Sano ^^

I have the DVD and such for it already but I am looking forward to Summer Wars Sano ^^
it needs more hype! #Hosodathump

I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO AKIRA MUSIC. THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD.
I love all the soundtracks, but Tetsuo's theme is amazing.
;u; why isnt everyone excited for Summer Wars?
I'm really hyped for SW, but I'm just not that familiar with the anime like I am with Akira. I know for sure that I'll like it though.

Guys. Summer Wars just ended. And it was AWESOME!
king-kazma-falcon-pawnch-o.gif

It wasn't my first time watching, but it was my first time hearing the dub and it was done pretty damn well. Really worth the re-watch. Any thoughts from people were first-time watchers?

It wasn't my first time watching, but it was my first time hearing the dub and it was done pretty damn well. Really worth the re-watch. Any thoughts from people were first-time watchers?
it was nice hearing dean venture save the day.

also it really captured that hectic family gathering atmosphere that, i think, everyone can understand.

it was nice hearing dean venture save the day.

also it really captured that hectic family gathering atmosphere that, i think, everyone can understand.

Yea, aside from being totally awesome, it was also really heartwarming. And Granny is a boss.

I always cry at this movie. 150 million miracles, man..... it gets to you.

Guys. Summer Wars just ended. And it was AWESOME!
snip
dont use that gif!

I'm sorry Sano, I was up and ready to watch Summer Wars last night but I was so damn tired that I just knocked out on my couch. When I woke up, Star Wars: The Clone Wars was playing and I just said "Fuck It" and went back to sleep. If Toonami doesn't show Summer Wars again I'll watch it online.

Also don't worry about spoilers, I am fully capable of enjoying something just as much even when I know what's going to happen.

I know everybody keeps saying summer wars is pretty much the second digimon movie, but that's only like, half the movie... and that half is done better than the original's entirety.

Last edited:
I love the movie and the grandma. The promos kind of mislead me how the movie is about. It didn't bother me though.

So tonight's movie is Full Metal Alchemist The Movie: Conquerer of Shamballa. Is this movie based on the old Full Metal Alchemist, the one that doesn't follow the Manga like Brotherhood does? If it is then I'll actually be able to follow what's going on since I watched the original.

I recall having seen the old FMA movie before.

Things get kinda weird with the whole dimension hopping thing.

I recall having seen the old FMA movie before.

Things get kinda weird with the whole dimension hopping thing.
yeah, brotherhood is the vastly better version. the Xing parts of the story made it even better.

Lan Fan is the best.

Recent Dub Space Dandy Promos

The narrator voice in the trailer is the narrator voice for the show.

Dandy ship is also called the Aloha Oi

I am super excited for Space Dandy, it seems like it's a genuine Space Opera you know? Just a show about a man, his alien friend, a robot, and all of the shenanigans they get into, along with the drama of the main plot.
Also this music is fantastic!

Last edited:
I am super excited for Space Dandy, it seems like it's a genuine Space Opera you know? Just a show about a man, his alien friend, a robot, and all of the shenanigans they get into, along with the drama of the main plot.
Also this music is fantastic!
isn't space dandy more meant to he a fun story not a drama one? I could have sworn the director said so.

isn't space dandy more meant to he a fun story not a drama one? I could have sworn the director said so.
I don't know, did he? I didn't expect Space Dandy to be a total Comedy.

Space Dandy reminds me of the cartoon Team Galaxy. I'm exited for this.

I remember hearing that Cowboy Bebop was 70% serious/30% Comedy and Space Dandy was supposed to be the opposite. I'm pretty sure there will be some serious moments sprinkled around, but yeah the show is likely going to have more "Bebop style mushroom episodes" and less character drama overall if the PVs and synopses means anything.

I honestly like this. we dont need another serious anime. we could use more lighthearted comedies.

When's Kill La Kill coming to US

its guren 2.0. of course its gonna come to the US. just be patient. watch dandy and grim reminders until then.

its guren 2.0. of course its gonna come to the US. just be patient. watch dandy and grim reminders until then.
Yeah, its pretty much a sure thing, but I don't expect any sort of news until after the show finishes its full run.

Tonight's movie is Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

I don't know anything about Trigun except that it's relatively old, but I keep hearing from people that the main character Vash is pretty awesome, so I'm going to give it a chance.

Vash is a character that old dante wishes he could be

Dante is a huge poser compared to Vash

I eagerly await trigun badlands tonight.

Also, zen, you better have watched summer wars since you missed it last week!

Also, zen, you better have watched summer wars since you missed it last week!
I think that was two weeks ago, and I haven't watched it yet sorry. It's on the top of my list so I'll let you know once I've watched it.

Seeing some new form of Trigun again was pretty fun.

Also Milly & Meryl are the best. The movie needed more of them.

Next Week: Everything changes and gets crazy!

Last edited:
The Trigun movie was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but I enjoyed it and thought Vash was hilarious.

It's weird for me to see everything in HD. I miss Vash's antics and Wolfwood. A lot of Space Dandy promos goodness.