• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

Vash is just an awesome character in general

LOVE! AND! PEACE!

Now I await to go back to space.

apparently Patrick Seitz is tweeting his reactions live to the new extra special episode of SAO right now

its getting pretty legendary

Lab Zero better offer this man the job of Beowulf already.

Wait what super special episode and now?

apparently Patrick Seitz is tweeting his reactions live to the new extra special episode of SAO right now

its getting pretty legendary

Lab Zero better offer this man the job of Beowulf already.
I agree that Seitz needs to be the voice of Beowulf. if not, then Kai should voice Beo because his Beo is Seitz-lite

I agree that Seitz needs to be the voice of Beowulf. if not, then Kai should voice Beo because his Beo is Seitz-lite
also Pre-Patch English Ragna is top tier.

Wait what super special episode and now?

Apparently there's an extra SAO special which aired earlier today (or is airing now?). And during this, they revealed SAO2. And considering SAO has pretty good ratings on Toonami, it's likely to come to Toonami eventually. If we're even more unlucky, they'll air this special episode as a movie too.

1352430451158.jpg

We're doomed.

Another Space Dandy Promo, but it's Japanese version.
Hello inferno cop.

Apparently there's an extra SAO special which aired earlier today (or is airing now?). And during this, they revealed SAO2. And considering SAO has pretty good ratings on Toonami, it's likely to come to Toonami eventually. If we're even more unlucky, they'll air this special episode as a movie too.
this sounds like it could be hilarious.

my dandy thoughts:
- animation = AMAZING
- the plot is sorta mostly hinted at, but it could be interesting
- some of the gags were great. i really liked the "slow teleport" bit
- as usual, the first episode of an anime is never the best bar to judge the future by, but this show could be a new favorite.

Dear.
Fucking.
God.
I completely forgot how painful the next 100 episodes of One Piece are.
Not in a bad way, just because of how emotionally taxing it can be.
Buckle up guys, this is just the beginning.

I was saddened by this part back in the day, but it hurts so much worse because the performance of Usopp in the dub is just that good.

I was saddened by this part back in the day, but it hurts so much worse because the performance of Usopp in the dub is just that good.
Holy crap I've been calling him Usoff this whole time.

Really?
Joke or not, Usopp does eventually get his shit together.
IT just takes like 100 fucking episodes.
I'm not making a pun I'm being serious, I've honestly been calling him Usoff the entire time.

Huh.
Well.
I see?

Also turns out I'm wrong, not 100 episodes.
Like 80.
One Piece is much nicer about it's filler. It rarely ever needs filler.
And if it does, it tends to be harmless filler.

It also doesn't pad shit out

this episode of soul eater makes me ask something of those who have been able to read the whole series:
does maka's mom ever show up?

Wow Space Dandy can give the viewer quite the trip. The little robot guy is gonna be my favorite character at this rate. Decent pilot overall to explain the setting, cast, and whole general atmosphere of the show.

The fan service wasn't too bad, mostly because the exotic space alien setting kind of overshadows it. That ending though lol

There once was a Space Dandy
He was so Dandy that everyone died
The End
Someone on Tumblr already thinks that Dandy pulling on the Space Chain made a bunch of Alternate Universe/Paradox Dandys that are doomed to die.
And that was just the first of many.

Well since everyone saw Space Dandy hopefully, It is probably one of the coolest fucking shows I've seen.

I got to see the episode extremely early since my anime convention was the world premiere, and even got to meet the VA of space dandy himself.

It was fantastic and I cannot wait for more Space Dandy in the future.

Me and my friends Girlfriend taking a picture with Ian (Voice of Space Dandy)
pvHujLi.jpg

... Even his beard is dandy.

Someone on Tumblr already thinks that Dandy pulling on the Space Chain made a bunch of Alternate Universe/Paradox Dandys that are doomed to die.
And that was just the first of many.

If Space Dandy dies at the end of every episode, and never explains why he's alive in the next episode, this'll be the best series ever.

And Meow is some sorta space cat.

Space Dandy is AMAZING and I was actually kinda sad when it ended. I mean I go from watching a hilarious anime full of charm to a boring Bleach filler.

P.S. I don't hate Bleach, but the fillers are just so damn boring.

This is it, this is the show that Toonami needed in order to become great again.

Space☆Dandy was just damn fantastic. I haven't felt such a sense of wonder while watching a show in a long time.
Judging from this first episode the entire premise of the show seems to be shenanigans in space, it's so damn simple but no one in their right mind could say that it's bad. I could sum this episode up in three sentences.

A dandy guy and his robot go to a local Boobies and run into an space cat who tells them that they can find some cool space aliens on a distant planet. The three get lost on the way and tear the fabric of spacetime but still somehow make it to their destination. After running around being chased by some big-ass monsters they accidentally blow everything up.

The End. That's it, and it was fucking awesome.
I'm actually angry that I have to wait a week for the next episode, especially after that crazy cliffhanger.

That kind of crazy/bizarre show episode synopsis seems very ideal to appeal the primary Adult Swim viewership demographic who primarily only watch Robot Chicken/Boondocks/ATHF/Seth Macfarlane cartoons. Much smoother opening transition into Toonami as opposed to something like a serious action shonen show like Bleach.

So yeah, wise decision making a fresh exotic looking anime show like Space Dandy the Toonami block opener (not buried in a later slot) show to potentially get more potential viewers interested into the whole block while at the same time not abandoning/neglecting the existing Toonami viewers by adding Adult Swim type cartoons (The negative reaction from that extra hour of Toonami says everything) as a possible solution to generate high ratings.

That kind of crazy/bizarre show episode synopsis seems very ideal to appeal the primary Adult Swim viewership demographic who primarily only watch Robot Chicken/Boondocks/ATHF/Seth Macfarlane cartoons. Much smoother opening transition into Toonami as opposed to something like a serious action shonen show like Bleach.
The Boondocks operates on a deep philosophical level far beyond that of other Adult Swim shows like Robot Chicken and Family Guy. Comparing The Boondocks to The Cleveland Show is like comparing Chris Rock to Tyler Perry.

Other than that I absolutely agree with you, this is a very good move to boost ratings.

So from what I heard, everyone who saw the episode at my con did not spoil the episode for the world. Funimation and Japan found it a huge success overall and were very pleased with the results.

Hopefully more events of an anime being showed in the states first happens again. We made anime history.

Last edited:
The Boondocks operates on a deep philosophical level far beyond that of other Adult Swim shows like Robot Chicken and Family Guy. Comparing The Boondocks to The Cleveland Show is like comparing Chris Rock to Tyler Perry.

You misunderstand, I wasn't comparing those other shows like they belonged in one giant category because of a similar infrastructure design. I agree Boondocks is something I would find as a much deeper show then something like Family Guy, but that was besides the point.

More so I was listing examples of the viewer demographics of those respective varied Adult Swim type shows who wouldn't normally watch the start of the Toonami block (as a result the whole block too) outside of this Space Dandy scenario because of the usual sudden rough transition of show genre atmosphere turning off those specific viewers.

Reactions: Denizen
I need to watch Space Dandy ASAP

Alright I get it, I wasn't sure if you were one of those people who saw The Boondocks as having the same low brow humor as every show made by Seth McFarlane. I always felt that The Boondocks would fit better in Toonami than in Adult Swim. It should really take the Star Wars: The Clone Wars time slot.

You're right, the Adult Swim Demographic is very different from the Toonami Demographic and I believe that Space☆Dandy will help to bring them together. It makes a very fitting bridge between the two blocks.

So I just watched both dubs of Space Dandy. I really like the animation, especially near the end of the episode
Dat ending xD