• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Trash can input too demanding (by comparison to other 2-button inputs in SG)?

Muro

Dazed Muro Announcer
Reaction score
Steam
StopMuroTime
Peacock Big Band Beowulf
While I never had a problem with getting normal snapbacks, I was missing the grab mode -> trash can snapback in games (getting headbutt or a different finisher instead) regularly enough that I went into training mode to research it a bit.

if I'm not mistaken, the problem stems from trash can requiring the two buttons (MP+MK, or HP+HK) to be pressed on the exact same frame. By which I mean, THIS can get you a normal snapback if done quickly enough, but the trash can only happens if the input is precisely THIS.

I'm... not exactly sure if this classifies as a bug? And an issue that could be solved by "make your inputs better/use a macro". But I reckon it at least introduces an inconsistency, when all other 2-button inputs in Skullgirls (supers, assist, tag, normal snapback, etc) allow a few (not sure how many exactly) frames of "pause" between button presses to make up for human imperfection.

@Mike_Z
Don't want to abuse the tag, but I'd also rather make sure that this has a chance to get a glance while there might still be time to do something about it.
If it's not working as intended, of course.