• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

tumblr_n1quhm6guz1tuy78xo1_500.png

is that legit
because that could easily be unlegit

is that legit
because that could easily be unlegit
its probably not legit, cuz the word "never" is under it, meaning they were probably gonna do the rest of the first 2 lyrics. probably planned by some people.

Part of me hopes that TPP dies simply because of the amount of gaming 'news' sites that have been using it as an easy way to generate articles.

The idea was interesting, but it's done now. There will probably be a bunch of imitators that are moderately popular but I doubt anything will be able to recreate the craziness of this first run.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
yeah, it should pretty much just be allowed to die. nothing else will feel the same. any new TPP would just feel like everyone going through the motions.

Well I was late to the thread, but not the phenomenon. I personally think the second runthrough won't be as magical as the first, but that's obvious with literally everything.

But really though, I need a Bird Jesus shirt. Like for real.

i wonder what they're gonna wind up worship this time

maybe if it's Gold it'll be a sentret

PRAISE SENTRET

No see, they need to not do cut and paste memes.

Whatever religions and memes come up have to come from a different reason because otherwise it'll get stale.

Wait until they do something stupid, then memes will follow.

yeah but sentret is still pretty praiseworthy

PRAISE SENTRET

If it was Gold or Silver, I wouldn't be surprised if they worshiped the Mystery Egg.

It will likely be the second non-tossable item in their inventory lol. They have a tendency to attract to that one :P So whatever it is, we'll make some kind of meme out of it.

Also it depends on how we end up nicknaming our pokemon this time around.

I think the Johto Adventure was just the appetizer for the actual craziness that's gonna go down in Kanto. I hope the streamer doesn't take it down after we beat the E4. The game ends not with them...

But with Red... The one that passed the voices to Gold.