• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

UK Skullgirls meetup @ Heart of Gaming

Trip to London for one day doesn't sound right.

Unrelated, but I want to say @4th is currently getting pummel horse'd for including me in his lame orgie boys list.

Reactions: JDbbx
You can stay however long you want, no one's stopping you. A multiple day meetup in London would be neat, but that's harder to organise. If you're flying out here then it's understandable that you would want an extended stay. Up to you. I would actually like to spend an extra night or two to check out London. Also I think hotel room skullgirls would be pretty dope.

Every Sunday we are there. Playing skullgirls, ggxrd, sfxt and melty blood mainly. Monday is melee so you would still have the ps3 consols free for sg. Dunno if 3 days is more appealing to the outside of London guys? If you wanna arrange some atleast you'll know that you will have atleast 3/4 set ups to use over the 3 days.

Reactions: Mr Peck
I'm game, however I'm currently in Tokyo and won't be back until the 27th. On top of that I work Saturdays until 6PM

May finally pick up a fightstick whilst I'm still in Japan for much cheaper

I'm game, however I'm currently in Tokyo and won't be back until the 27th. On top of that I work Saturdays until 6PM

May finally pick up a fightstick whilst I'm still in Japan for much cheaper
WOWWW I was in tokyo this week. The sticks there are definetely worh it, yeah. I found brand new HORI/madcatz sticks for sale at yodobashi camera in akihabara, top floor. They were going at <20,000 yen which is under 100 quid. Get a HORI RAP or a MCZ TE (hori sticks have harder buttons+stick, MCZ use sanwa parts which are lighter and are standard in arcades. your call) You could find another store but I'd recommend visiting akihabara for the arcades and anime stuff.

Reactions: Thrasher08
I think I'll attend an event this time round. I live in London so just give me a date and (hopefully) I'll turn up. I haven't played SG a lot offline so it'll be fun having a proper meetup.

Oh wow, I didn't realise the thread was still going! I'll have to come down at some point!

Me and @Mr Peck were discussing the date of the meet and came to decide on mid october, the saturdays being on the 10th, 17th and 24th. We came to decide on these dates to give people a month's notice (plenty of time) and also because uni starts mid september and the following weeks will be a busy time for anyone who's doing that. If you have any particular avoidance or attraction to a particular date let us know since we want to choose a date that works for everybody.

All of those dates are fine with me! I'd rather not do October 10th if possible because that's my birthday, but I'll still be there if that's the date we go with.

I still need to make it out to the Sunday weeklies more too. I'll see if I can go this weekend, or maybe next week.

I'm going to give it until the end of august to let people say which dates are good for them. If no one speaks up I'll just pick a date, probably 17th/24th of October since I want to book early for cheaper fares - I just checked and I can get a megabus there and back for £13, which is really cheap. Almost makes me want to go regularly (6 and a half hour bus rides, though)

I'll be away during those days for my sister's birthday

I'll be away during those days for my sister's birthday
That sucks. The only workaround I could see is the 3rd of October which is also a saturday. Can you make that?

If anyone wants to come down on a Sunday I can get them in for half price.

If anyone wants to come down on a Sunday I can get them in for half price.
Sounds good! I'm going to try and make it down there next Sunday (6th September), and I'll bring Grodie too if she's free.

The Hori RAP also uses Sanwa parts
The model I saw in that store had the hori kuro buttons and hayabusa stick labeled on the box. After a quick check it was the RAP4 kai. I use the fighting edge so I know how the buttons/stick feel.

The model I saw in that store had the hori kuro buttons and hayabusa stick labeled on the box. After a quick check it was the RAP4 kai. I use the fighting edge so I know how the buttons/stick feel.
My bad! I was unaware this stick even existed. Generally when people talk about HRAP, they mean the V3-SA (or its XBox counterpart, the VX-SA) which uses Sanwa.

That sucks. The only workaround I could see is the 3rd of October which is also a saturday. Can you make that?

Its likely, but I'll be late down after work. I'd probably arrive around 7PM

OH NO NOT THE SUNDAYS D:

sadly, I have the most chance of meeting you guys on saturday

My only possibility is for the 10th.
I could be there saturday and sunday (going back monday)

My only possibility is for the 10th.
I could be there saturday and sunday (going back monday)
If everyone else is okay with this date, I think we'll be doing it on the 10th.