• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

UK Skullgirls meetup @ Heart of Gaming

btw ill let u hit my assist and get the happy b day

I would come this time.

Reactions: Mr Peck
I play 3rd Strike and USFIV (albeit badly) in addition. I played 3rd Strike last time I was there but can't remember whether there was anything for USFIV, though I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't.

I'll see what I can do on that date, I usually have study session every Saturday but lemme check if I can make it up.

Also BBCP is a good game :D

I have always wanted to get BB but I never did. I wanted to play as Rachel Alucard

^I think you have a thing for... ahem... :}

I'm not sure if I will come, due to lack of job and gradual loss of interest for the game... so yeah.

I'm not sure if I will come, due to lack of job and gradual loss of interest for the game... so yeah.
Are there any other games you're interested in?

How does 3 O'clock,like last time, sound?
It was 12PM last time wasn't it?

We can play some USFIV there if you're feeling an SG overdose, I'm almost certain they'll have stations for it

Maybe idk i still dont have a job so theres that

Well it's soon so I'm thinking
Saturday, the 21st of February
12:00PM-as long as people feel like staying
A variety of games because it needs to be fun!
Also, do you think we should hire the consoles again or what?

Well it's soon so I'm thinking
Saturday, the 21st of February
12:00PM-as long as people feel like staying
A variety of games because it needs to be fun!
Also, do you think we should hire the consoles again or what?
I just phoned the arcade, and we don't need to book the PS3s in advance or anything like that. There's a huge 3rd Strike tournament happening at the venue that day ( http://guttertrashuk.weebly.com/ ) but it's mainly in the room at the front with the actual arcade cabinets, so it won't interfere with the console section too badly.

Should I bring any of my own games? I have a few fighters, they are:
USFIV
UMVC3
Injustice: Gods Among Us
SFXT (although I kinda suck at it)
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale

Should I bring any of my own games? I have a few fighters, they are:
USFIV
UMVC3
Injustice: Gods Among Us
SFXT (although I kinda suck at it)
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale

I honestly wouldn't worry about that, I'm pretty sure they'd have the stuff there.

Yeah, that's true. They're not really a fan of people bringing their own games anyway, because it means they have to keep track of exactly which games are owned by which people. Otherwise people would be walking out carrying games all the time, and it would be hard for the guys running the arcade to know if they were stealing their games or just carrying their own games that they brought with them. That's the reason I was given the last time I asked someone about it anyway.

SG and Xrd, bun every other game blad.

Edit - Fixed

Last edited:
Sure makes sense, I never got Xrd due to problems with the roster although I'm thinking about it when I go next gen (when Arkham Knight comes out)

I have spoken with hog and we now play skullgirls there every Sunday.(along with other games) me and a friend Jammerz record matchs and upload to our youtube as atm there only 4 of us that play (so not enough for a tourney) would be great to get other to come along as we are relatively average at the game but are looking to get better. Check out FateOfFour on Facebook or our youtube channels (Hdjammerz and Mashonpad) or my twitter Mop_C4IQ for more info.

Awesome. I'll let all the players I know in London know about it.

I have spoken with hog and we now play skullgirls there every Sunday.(along with other games) me and a friend Jammerz record matchs and upload to our youtube as atm there only 4 of us that play (so not enough for a tourney) would be great to get other to come along as we are relatively average at the game but are looking to get better. Check out FateOfFour on Facebook or our youtube channels (Hdjammerz and Mashonpad) or my twitter Mop_C4IQ for more info.
Does the HoG actually have Skullgirls now? With the latest patch? The last time we went there for a Skullgirls event we told them about it 3 weeks in advance and they said they had the game but when we got there they hadn't put it on any of their systems. I used to travel to London for SG weeklies back when they were at Gamerbase in the Troc, but I worry about doing it at the HoG if there's a chance they'll just accidentally delete it from all of their PS3s again.

For the past 3 Sundays we have been playing at the HOG. As beowulf wasn't out on Psn me and hdjammerz brought our own xboxs. But there ps3 do have them, I have been badgering them constantly as we needed this to run this weekly event. Atm it's just casual due to numbers but we are also running
P4AU
SFxT
GGxrd
UNIEL

Sounds interesting, shame that I can't do any sundays ^^;

Welp hope this works out.

Do people still go here? I'm visiting London until late June and want to meet some local people.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Anyone heading up Wednesday?

Bumping this thread because we're probably going to have another meetup soon. The location will be the Heart of Gaming arcade in London. The place is open on saturdays from 12:00 to midnight with overnight stays possible for £5. Date is unconfirmed as of now, but it will almost definitely be a Saturday. Feel free to post if you want to go and post certain dates of when you can/cant play so we can work something out.

People who are most likely going to go:
@Mr Peck
@Grodie
@Pombear
@Alex12898 (me)

People who can maybe go, or went to one of the past meetups:
@Twisted-Humour
@Bitcrush
@Smile
@Woofly
@DARKNESSxEAGLE (doesnt play the game though)
@Thrasher08

No doubt there's some new UK players who have surfaced since the last meetup. We'd love to have more players there. I've also heard that some SFxT players have been playing SG on sundays and could turn up.

Info:
The Heart Of Gaming
10 Cullen Way
Park Royal
London
NW10 6JZ

http://www.thehoguk.com/contact-us/

https://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Sounds great! Me and Grodie will probably be able to go any weekend from next week onwards. We should be able to start turning up to the Sunday Fate of Four weeklies at the HoG too (with the SFxT players), although probably not every week because we're not in London.

As for other players, @C4IQ MOP (Mace) organises the Sunday thing at the HoG and I'm sure he'd be interested, along with the other players who go to those weeklies. I'm not sure how much @TiredOcean plays but I think he still likes the game, so it would be cool if he could turn up.

Also if it's on a Saturday night and we arrange things far enough in advance, maybe it would be possible for some non-UK players to come? It's a long shot but maybe @Izzmo, @zeknife, @Huffy, @LugerSpamDouble (JoJy), @RexLeRouge, Thai Ming, @Muro, @Kuroonehalf, the French players (@4th, @JDbbx, @GN4RK, @dragonos451, Mojo Jojo etc), or any of the other EU players might be able to go.

Reactions: fenster
Would be definitely up for this. Gonna get my schedule for the upcoming months pretty soon, so I'll be able to see when is best for me.

Sounds great, but a trip to london for one day is pretty expensive for me. I'll check this topic regularly to see a confirmed date ;)