• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth

Well there are 8 characters I'm interested in maining and I'm only going to choose three. So far the list is thus: Seth, Merkava, Clyde, Linne, Goedeau, Yuzuriha, Chaos, and Akastuki.

Honorable mentions go to Hilde, Carmine, and Vatista.

And a huge f*** no to Waldstein.

For those who actually want to know how I choose characters (I suspect none) I go by Personality, Feel (i.e. fun), and Looks. Tier list be damned. If I'm gonna play a game I want to enjoy not just the system but my character -the method of interacting with said system.

Anyway, I'm gonna choose my three mains another day. I gotz an interview on Monday to prepare for.

Vatista is so much fun. Quick question. Is Eltnum the same one as from Melty Blood? Cause he appearance, moves, and how she flows all feels the same, though tailored the this system.

My second character I'd go with is probably...hmm...maybe Orea. I like the way she plays XD

Got a lobby open. Loser stays right now. If there is something else opening up, let me know, and I'll swap over.

And yeah, Eltnum is from Melty. Her story is a giant tongue in cheek homage to Melty.

Ah ok, I assumed as much. The way she played was just too reminiscent, ya know?

Still waiting on the Filia patch

So after playing for a bit more I realized that Vatista isn't for me, I kinda like playing Nanase and Chaos a lot more. I'm having such a hard time getting half this stuff down, though.

I like playing Vatsta, but Vatista vs Vatista is BORING mate

I made a bad decision and starting subbing Akatsuki. The struggle is real (although I almost won a match online against Hilda with him somehow).

I made a bad decision and starting subbing Akatsuki. The struggle is real (although I almost won a match online against Hilda with him somehow).
I've been having the toughest time doing anything with Chaos online, I've been on a 6 lose streak with him. Just seems as if whatever I do it gets beaten out by someone else.
Excuse me, my poor sportsmanship is showing. Sorry.

I started with Chaos. It feels as if you only win if a. you don't fuck up and b. they do.

Most of the matches were pretty interesting, but Gordeau and Merkava were fucking awful.

I'm trying out Byakuya now! Spiders > lizards anyway :(

Byakuya looks like an asshole, but he's fairly competent.

Byakuya's theme is super good.

I started with Chaos. It feels as if you only win if a. you don't fuck up and b. they do.

Most of the matches were pretty interesting, but Gordeau and Merkava were fucking awful.

I'm trying out Byakuya now! Spiders > lizards anyway :(
Yea, when I went against a Hilda online I was just sitting in the corner getting beaten into a pulp. Then the laugh came, "AAAHAHAHAHAHAA!"
That fucking laugh.

Reactions: Covenant
I have nothing but respect for Akatsuki players due to how everything is a goddamn uphill battle for them.
mad respect
Chaos players are just weird though idu them

It doesn't matter who you play as, any character can get in hilda's face and make her life hell

It doesn't matter who you play as, any character can get in hilda's face and make her life hell
I must suck, you must teach me the ways of beating Hilda!

Someone needs to help me with Orie DX I try to copy what I see the CPU do, as a starter, but I just can't DX

For real, though, the CPU in this game, at 5, are monstrous and know the game well.

I must suck, you must teach me the ways of beating Hilda!

Just get in her face, her only option is 2a LOL

As a man who mained Chaos, get ready for the frame trap life, because that's what you're going to do, all the time.

Granted he gets some pretty decent damage from fullscreen, just relying on Ahzil for the confirm.

I'm interested to see if any americans shake up the tier list, I personally think both Akatkskui and Chaos are better than garbage.

I don't believe chaos is a bad character, but aka is pretty garbage lol

I'm interested to see if any americans shake up the tier list, I personally think both Akatsuki and Chaos are better than garbage.
IMO Chaos and Akatsuki are B+. Just like any character in the game once they get in they can do work.
It's just that while Chaos and Akatsuki need to make like 5 correct reads, higher tier characters can get away with 3 or 4 (and have better neutral)

So far my uphill battle with Aka is trying to get in with him. I'm not sure what my best options are at the moment other than Volt Bullets, j.2c, and 2b. I tend misjudge where his hits actually land and tend to be too far away. I'm going to spend some more lab time with him and experiment to see what are his best pokes. I'm having a lot of fun with him despite the struggle.

Speaking of hit boxes, is there a site/option in training mode to see hit boxes? I know Dantarion use to have a website for all the character's hit boxes but it was removed.

I think chaos starts okay but if things go bad... That is it.

Take the Hilda MU, if she hits Azhil, you agent going to see him the rest of the match and with out him, your crappy buttons really show their weaknesses.

And the Merk MU? Dear Christ...

I think chaos starts okay but if things go bad... That is it.

Take the Hilda MU, if she hits Azhil, you agent going to see him the rest of the match and with out him, your crappy buttons really show their weaknesses.

And the Merk MU? Dear Christ...
That's where 22C comes in handy. I think it's Air OK too? (I forget)
Sometimes its best to save your meter for that.
Or else you'll never see him again ha.

Reactions: Spencer
Yeah 22C is sexy. I'm still not great at capitalizing off of the block stun on it, but even then it opens up a lovely bit of breathing room.

Out of curiosity, does this game get patches or balance updates? If so, where does that stuff get posted? The official forums are a ghost town.

I have not heard of patches. The game lacks any sort of DLC implementation and the American side of it is probably fairly weak, so I doubt it will get updates...meaning Gorduoe will forever be impossible and Akatsuki forever underwhelming. Tiss a shame.

I'm still way too green to make any meaningful balance claims, but as far as anecdotes go, the game is absolutely a blast outside of Merk/Gord.

Those MUs aren't fun to me win or lose.

Oh yeah, Gord and Merk are kill joys. Hilda can be a killjoy for me at times.
I've been picking up Eltnum a bunch more. I keep triggering her command attacks and gun when I don't want to Q_Q

but she's fun. Feels a lot different and more versatile than the rest of the cast.

At least with Hilda, once you're in you feel like you have the advantage.

I've been playing Byakuya who is a blast. I'm enjoying the game a lot more after having (regretfully) dropped Chaos.

I'm thinkin of dropping Vatista honestly, so I know the feels. Byakuya is a blast, but I feel so spammy with him. The web over and over and over. Then again, it may be because I suck and don't actually know how to use him XD

I have not heard of patches. The game lacks any sort of DLC implementation and the American side of it is probably fairly weak, so I doubt it will get updates...meaning Gorduoe will forever be impossible and Akatsuki forever underwhelming. Tiss a shame.

Out of curiosity, does this game get patches or balance updates? If so, where does that stuff get posted? The official forums are a ghost town.

Ya'll spoiled by Skullgirls. Back in my day, we didn't get no balance patches. "Sequel", that was what our balance patches were called, I tell you what.

dude from french bread said that a full sequel would be more likely and that wouldn't be until a long time from now

also I should probably play this game more

Reactions: Blaise and agent13
Technically I've been spoiled by PC gaming which has had meaningful patches for ages now.

Yeah Linne can be super rough. Same with Carmine. But at least with them, I feel like once I get the advantage, it is mine to lose.

I don't feel the same way vs Merk or Gord.

good Waldsteins can also ruin your day
you don't need to be fast when you can grab someone from as far as Wald can

Ya the creator has stated that they would release a sequel instead of a balance patch, which I personally agree with.

it'd be funny if they got a couple more guest characters
but uh
make the one they have now a bit better
Aka needs it
plz
let the jewpuncher punch the best he can