• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [UPDATE] Flappy Girls: Encore (Skullgirls Fan-Game)

DARKNESSxEAGLE

Master of Disguise
Reaction score
Steam
DixiE
PSN
DARKNESSxEAGLE
Filia Cerebella Ms. Fortune
Update 1.22 - Flappy Girls: Encore, with menu switching <3

You can get the game HERE

Latest trailer:

Full Change Log:
Press escape to switch back to the menu from the full game.

Parasoul and Umbrella's powers work for more than 100 milliseconds now... Oops

Set a framerate limit to avoid eating peoples' CPU

Might've have done something else I can't remember

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1.1 - Flappy Girls: Encore

Flappy Girls: Encore can be found HERE

Full Change Log:
Powers:
  • Annie - Gravity Breaker - Can set her vertical speed to 0 instantly
  • Fortune - Pls Nerf - Removes all pipes on the screen for 3 seconds
  • Peacock - Teleport - Disappears for a while and then magically reappears further along the map
  • Painwheel - Flight (no flight cancel) - Stop falling and move forward at a faster speed for a short while
  • Filia - I'm Not Fat - Fall at break-neck speeds for a moment, useful for those tricky pipe placements
  • Cerebella - Double Jump - Jump height is temporarily shortened
  • Valentine - HK Savage Bypass - Zoom forward a short distance extremely quickly, be careful with this one!
  • Parasoul - Mary Poppins - The effects of gravity are reduced, be careful when jumping!
  • Double - Cat Heads - Summon an army of cat heads to protect you temporarily
  • Squigly - Dat Booty too Floaty - Stop moving right for a few moments to grasp your surroundings
  • Umbrella - Mary Poppins MK II - The effects of gravity are reduced moreso than with Parasoul
Music and credits changed, courtesy of @RetroStation

Trailer to be produced soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Build 1.0:
The original game can be found HERE

Hey there, my name's DxEagle, you may remember me from such projects as the ongoing Annie game, my art thread or even my contribution to the abuse of the Mike Z pointing image. Today I come to you with another gift for this community, Flappy Girls. This original game makes use of just 1 simple and unique mechanic as well as many fully fledged minutes of my life for development to give you the most enjoyable experience, unobtainable anywhere else.

Features:
  • A total of 11 deep and rich characters, 2 of which didn't make it into Skullgirls despite their huge cult following!
  • An eargasmic cover by Lumen-Fortuna (in no relation to the trailer music by Skrillex)
  • Sprite art by WatermelonLollipops
  • Simple controls for anyone to pick up!
  • Watered down difficulty from other games in this genre, suitable for any number of filthy casuals!
  • No more of this complicated trigonometry rubbish, character rotation is set directly to their y coordinate!
  • Pipes come in PAIRS, after so much annoyance at the downright laziness of other developers I decided it was time to double up.
  • None of this male character boonswaggon. The title says Flappy Girls and so the cast is all female.
  • Killing your family over them beating your top score? Don't worry, with Flappy Girls top scores do not save over sessions! Innovative, ay?
  • Fully uncapped frame-rate, no need for modders to finish my game for me
I hope you enjoy this game which took up my lunch break today to make, hopefully now you can see what us games developers need all that money for. Enjoy!

Last edited:
It's three megabytes of graciousness.

Reactions: DDB
I... I just... you are utterly freaking brilliant. I both love and hate everything about this.

In all seriousness, it's nice to hear Lumen-Fortuna's cover of the Skullgirls Theme included in this.
Yeah Lumen does some great stuff. I'm sure you've seen it but his soundcloud is full of gems.

Cool! But y'know, it's missing a few things:

1) Needs to have "Fall" or "Rising" as a subtitle.
2) Needs to be PG-13.
3) Needs microtransactions - Pay $1 per minute, or pay $100 to win the game (Funds go to LabZero).
4) Needs to be high in fiber, even if it's not.
5) Needs to be released on Mac, Linux, Vita, Xbox Two, and TI-84 Plus.
6) Needs Roxie.

No...no...nononononono...
I was going to be able to tolerate it until I heard that "beautiful cover." That's not genuine 8-bit, that's not even a real cover! Someone took a MIDI for that song, ran it through the GSXCC filter (Which is utter garbage, by the way), released the "cover" and called it 8-bit. How sickening.

I was going to be able to tolerate it until I heard that "beautiful cover." That's not genuine 8-bit, that's not even a real cover! Someone took a MIDI for that song, ran it through the GSXCC filter (Which is utter garbage, by the way), released the "cover" and called it 8-bit. How sickening.

To be fair that isnt the finished version that Lumen did

I have better stuff on my Soundcloud. That was the first piece I had arranged via MIDI, but I hadn't learned how to chiptune at the time. It was mainly used as a placeholder for what I was planning on using as the main theme. Also, that's my MIDI arrangement seeing as none had existed prior to mine. Get the facts straight before you call someone out, please. :)

Reactions: juju_for_president
I have better stuff on my Soundcloud. That was the first piece I had arranged via MIDI, but I hadn't learned how to chiptune at the time. It was mainly used as a placeholder for what I was planning on using as the main theme. Also, that's my MIDI arrangement seeing as none had existed prior to mine. Get the facts straight before you call someone out, please. :)

But it's not a true callout unless you're ignorant to at least one important fact! :P

Okay, after briefly reviewing your Soundcloud, I can confirm you probably know more about the musical realm than I do. You even did the same song over again and better the second time, so kudos for that. I didn't really mean to come across as so harsh, only GSXCC actually do cause me a form of physical malaise (I can't say that without sounding snobbish, but it's true). They use obnoxious instrumentation, in addition to having too many channels to count as true 8-bit besides, so I guess an experienced listener like myself are so easily annoyed by them.

Sorry to cause such a ruckus. :/

Good lord, all that's missing now are microtransactions for 3 second invincibility, on-disk DLC alt costumes (without a disk, somehow...), Always-Online DRM, and Kinect support, and you'll be ready for distribution on the App Store.

Congrats :3

On the topic of microtransactions, if anyone wants to buy me a shirt from 86d and pay for shipping to Europe I can reward you with an EXCLUSIVE HD background for Flappy Girls:
9sXHFFo.png
Of course the background you receive will be unpixelated so you can get the full experience.

Urgh, ok fine, new trailer to avoid any more confusion. Hopefully this is more professional like the games of today

I'm happy to know I wrote dubstep for this magnificent game.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Two things:
1) Game is hilarious
2) @Lumen Fortuna, use triangle wave (bass) if you're trying to get that 8-bit vibe down.

Reactions: Lumen Fortuna
Chaos_Fantazy vs Lumen-Fortuna grudge match when.
I take up this match if not mainly for the sake of boosting my ego, by the way. Thrown down the cards or are you gonna fold, @CHAOS_FANTAZY ?

Looks like someone's getting the EXCLUSIVE and original dev loyalty background

Due to enormous fan demand, I have extended the Flappy Girls experience. This, however, is not in the form of DLC; it is a whole new iteration of the Flappy Girls series: Flappy Girls: Encore!

This version features a brand new mechanic: POWERS. Each character has their own power to help you through the game, learn to use them efficiently and your life will be all that much easier!

Flappy Girls: Encore can be found HERE

Full Change Log:
Powers:
  • Annie - Gravity Breaker - Can set her vertical speed to 0 instantly
  • Fortune - Pls Nerf - Removes all pipes on the screen for 3 seconds
  • Peacock - Teleport - Disappears for a while and then magically reappears further along the map
  • Painwheel - Flight (no flight cancel) - Stop falling and move forward at a faster speed for a short while
  • Filia - I'm Not Fat - Fall at break-neck speeds for a moment, useful for those tricky pipe placements
  • Cerebella - Double Jump - Jump height is temporarily shortened
  • Valentine - HK Savage Bypass - Zoom forward a short distance extremely quickly, be careful with this one!
  • Parasoul - Mary Poppins - The effects of gravity are reduced, be careful when jumping!
  • Double - Cat Heads - Summon an army of cat heads to protect you temporarily
  • Squigly - Dat Booty too Floaty - Stop moving right for a few moments to grasp your surroundings
  • Umbrella - Mary Poppins MK II - The effects of gravity are reduced moreso than with Parasoul
Music and credits changed, courtesy of @RetroStation

Trailer to be produced soon.

Reactions: Izzmo and CaioLugon
Lab Zero will never hire you with updates coming with such a long gap.

How the hell do I go back to the menu?

Thank you.

Also, MikeZ should totally show this game at salty.

You guys never cease to amaze.

You guys never cease to amaze.
Did you play the newest version yet? :3

Did you play the newest version yet? :3
Honestly, no. I might try it later.