• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Updated Surprise! Skullgirls Encore + DLC Out on XBox 360!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like waiting so long for this patch... ._.

Reactions: Arcana
atleast we might get the patch before Ps3 and PC, this truly is power of the continuum shift, now that everything is possible

I will blow the rest of my pocket change for this
This is too good to miss out on.

I started my 360 Skullgirls and was looking at my already downloaded listing of the old Compatibility Pack (for SDE from May 2013)

It looks like the top banner image for the Compatibility Pack now has the new Encore logo.
I tried redownloading it to see what would happen but it is still the same old download and NOT anything new.

Does the banner image being different mean anything?

All hail the power of the continuum shift!

I started my 360 Skullgirls and was looking at my already downloaded listing of the old Compatibility Pack (for SDE from May 2013)

It looks like the top banner image for the Compatibility Pack now has the new Encore logo.
I tried redownloading it to see what would happen but it is still the same old download and NOT anything new.

Does the banner image being different mean anything?
This means that 360 owners will be getting encore VERY soon. :D

I would probably buy Skullgirls Encore on Xbox 360 just cause I can.
Totally be worth it.
Depressingly enough, I don't think that's possible.
It's coming as a patch, so, you would have to delete the game, but even then, you could just redownload it.

the game is still listed as "Skullgirls" but the graphic for its cover shows the Encore logo

The image isn't super high-res but you can still see. Also one the screenshots has Squigly but none have the undizzy bar. So I have no idea what that means.

So basically the cover says Encore, but there's no Encore on 360 until whenever that update pack is released. So we just gotta keep waiting until then.
this truly is power of the continuum shift, now that everything is possible
except get playable chronophantasma on 360 :/

Last edited:
I just noticed there was no undizzy bar in the screenshots.

I just noticed there was no undizzy bar in the screenshots.
when Squigly dropped there were originally no undizzy bars

when Squigly dropped there were originally no undizzy bars
i just thought it was odd they'd use those out of date screenshots

i wonder who picks them out for display like that. is it lab zero or marvelous?

Eh, most likely Lab Zero probably.

i just thought it was odd they'd use those out of date screenshots

i wonder who picks them out for display like that. is it lab zero or marvelous?
idk they are the same images from the steam release though

also what time does XBLA update itself?

Yeah, those screenshots are old. Screenshots take a lot of time to make! And that's time away from making characters! So we're going to use what we have on-hand.

And got a reply from MS tonight. They said that basically the Compatibility Update DLC didn't go through because new DLC can't be listed while a game is delisted.

We requested that the updated CP have the same ID as the original, and that it would replace the old one completely. So I'm hoping this is sort of a loophole we can use to get it updated sooner than later.

Meanwhile, they're going to try and get it on the store as soon as possible, but that stuff is run from the U.S. And the U.S. office is out for Easter tomorrow, so it seems unlikely we'll get the game relisted before Wednesday now.

Okay, so, we're NOT getting it even on the same day as PS3, and knowing us, it's gonna be in about 5 months.
Optimism!
But.. on a serious note, I'm really annoyed. We've been waiting a month to get Squigly and still can't have her, we're gonna be at least slightly late to the Big Band + Encore party, and we're stuck playing the first version of the game (if we bother right now) until the prior statement happens; but, I can't blame you guys. This is because of Microsoft's incompetence, not yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetpackX
Well the store updates on wednsday so we shold get it then

goddamn konami sure know how to make a lasting impression those fuckers.

Reactions: JetpackX
Funny, it says it's an update. But right now, it's Skullgirls v1.0 (I think).
Rediculus hard bots (not really now >:D), old menu, only 10 color for each character (hope my color DLC will work later on)! Sweet nostalgia ^^

btw, wasn't Painwheels "Pinion Dash" on the first version? Or am I doing it wrong?

Funny, it says it's an update. But right now, it's Skullgirls v1.0 (I think).
Rediculus hard bots (not really now >:D), old menu, only 10 color for each character (hope my color DLC will work later on)! Sweet nostalgia ^^

btw, wasn't Painwheels "Pinion Dash" on the first version? Or am I doing it wrong?
yah the new compatibility patch downgrades the game back to vanilla, have fun doing all those obnoxiously long combos

Pinion Dash was...D,D+K in the first version as an assist, I think? And KKKKKKKKKKK as point.

[edit] Worst thing about 1.0 is that the menus don't wrap. Screw not having move lists, I CAN'T believe we shipped without menu wrap. I mean, I know why, it's just...ugh.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Pinion Dash was...D,D+K in the first version as an assist, I think? And KKKKKKKKKKK as point.

[edit] Worst thing about 1.0 is that the menus don't wrap. Screw not having move lists, I CAN'T believe we shipped without menu wrap. I mean, I know why, it's just...ugh.

I'm a new scrub to the Skullgirls scene, only been in the fanbase for about a month or two, but I feel as though I know everything about it, but then again, I'm glad I never knew or experienced THAT.

Reactions: juju_for_president
the menu wrap thing wasnt that big of an issue for me, it was all kinda overshadowed by the load times

I have nightmares about the lack of menu wrap.

I always wanted to challenge MikeZ... ._z

I always wanted to challenge MikeZ... ._z
I would shit my pants tenfold if I were to face Mike Z, since I am a faggot lord scrub.

Yeah, I regard myself as the faggotest faggot that ever faggoted, excuse my language.

Reactions: Muro
Well that escalated quickly

Better than a newbie b!tch pussy. (Someone actually called me that once)

Better than a newbie b!tch pussy. (Someone actually called me that once)
Don't worry, the bad man/scrub can't harm you here.

I would shit my pants tenfold if I were to face Mike Z

I shat my pants tenfold when I faced him in real life and he chased me out of the SG panel room.

can we keep on topic here?

I'm pretty sure everybody on the this thread has ADD and forgot what was happening

Status
Not open for further replies.