• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

so, i just realized that this new squigly combo is only kinda universal. s.lp whiffs on several crouching characters. fortunately, you can c.lk, s.hp.

alternatively, you can go for the much harder s.hpx2 stancel c.lp link

Reactions: ImpTenebraum444
Just found a chargeless bnb for squigs for 7.1k universal / 8k anywhere....NOOO CHARGEEEE. Unfortunately it has 2 fairly links to be mindful of. the s.lp link is super easy imo, but the c.lk might be one you gotta practice. Honestly you should try to work on it anyways since squigs got the buff to use c.lk after arpeggio (qct+lk). Luckily the visual cues for these links are pretty easy. RIGHT when the flame disappears, then hookitup. I'll provide a video later in the week.

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
s.lp, s.hp, silver chord,
walk up, s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
c.lk, c.mk, s.hk,
slighttt delay j.mk, j.hp,
sllighttt delay j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, H Gravedigger,
back up a bit, c.hp burst bait

I practiced it a couple times and honestly the s.hp~s.hp > c.lk link isn't that hard! :D

Wow, such a beautiful combo as always @Nuuance!
99307-happy-jake-the-dog-gif-Imgur-8Ast.gif
I'm totally adding this to my Squigly list of combos!

so, i just realized that this new squigly combo is only kinda universal. s.lp whiffs on several crouching characters. fortunately, you can c.lk, s.hp.

alternatively, you can go for the much harder s.hpx2 stancel c.lp link
Ahh true forgot about the crouching thing going on. yeah reversing them is cool. gotta do them at one point anyways

I've been using c.lk in my BnB for a while and it's not too tough after some practice. I set the dummy to not burst and run the c.lk > c.mk > s.hpx2 PP c.lk link over and over. To warm up I do this until I reach about 50-60 hits worth of not messing it up.

For this same link, you might find it easier to do it with KK instead of PP on stick. I used KK for a while until I got more comfortable doing the link with PP.

Now do the uncharged s.hp stancel c.lp link

not really, it sucks and is impractical. if you're gonna practice dumb links, stick to c.lk, s.hp, and stuff after arpeggio or drag n bite

Now do the uncharged s.hp stancel c.lp link

not really, it sucks and is impractical. if you're gonna practice dumb links, stick to c.lk, s.hp, and stuff after arpeggio or drag n bite

The only use this link really actually has, from what I can tell, is getting the optimal string in before a daisy pusher wherein you plan to charge a stance during the crumple and then convert with restand sLK2 into stance cancel combo

And.. that's it??
So yeah, cLP link is pretty useless (for uncharged Squigly, that is) (I think!)

Also, for what it's worth, if you land uncharged arpeggio midscreen either because
A) you accidentally went into it in the first string and don't have meter for SBO
B) you staggered it/they mashed and got hit by arpeggio
C) you just threw out raw arpeggio and it hit wtf lol

and you were like, point blank-ish
you can link into cLK sHP2 Chord and get a full combo

etc, I actually did it once, felt gud (was scenario 2)

C) you just threw out raw arpeggio and it hit wtf lol
I sometimes open up with it if i know my opponent will dash instead of jump or use a move of their own :PUN:
It works sometimes and even if it doesn't i don't get punished for it
Then again i'm usually unable to convert off of it anyway so

Reactions: gllt
OP UPDATED (inasec)

So nothing new but finally video: 7.1k/8k w/meter universal* bnb --- switch the s.lp w/c.lk on crouching val & fukua/filia. I personally just lightly mash the s.lp link & from there its pretty easy. I probably mess up the c.lk link maybe 1/20 times so no prob there.

Last edited:
If you're making those optimized swagtastic combos you have no excuse for not landing all four hits of j.mk every time

OP UPDATED (inasec)

So nothing new but finally video: 7.1k/8k w/meter universal* bnb --- switch the s.lp w/c.lk on crouching val & fukua/filia. I personally just lightly mash the s.lp link & from there its pretty easy. I probably mess up the c.lk link maybe 1/20 times so no prob there.

Gosh that damage is really good for a chargeless BnB! Is it possible to add the s.hp link in this combo to add more damage or is 7.1/8k the highest for this combo?

@ImpTenebraum444 lol you know fortunes head is off right? Cool combo though. I'm still not an optimization expert so I'd have to see. But...umm you couldn't test it on them yourself?

Also for the chargeless bnb, I believe 7.2k-7.3k is max damage with all 4 hits of j.mk & using c.lk to start first. Actually looking back...idk why I changed it...might actually wanna flip them around for the meter less bnb.

Wow I feel dumb now. Ohh actually I think I know why. So I could autopilot and not change much of I threw in Daisy pusher. By only changing s'mp

@cloudKing211 i dont understand. And also, around 7/8th hit
Is latest optimal hit for Daisy & best for scaling for what I know. Perhaps I'll play with it but I feel like I tried that already.

How much more damage are we talking. Video?

if ican ged stupid windows movie maker to read .avi files (seriously idk whats going on but the new installation doesnt read them. so stupid), i plan on re-doing the OP & only listing optimized general & situational combos. theres a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed. also will be re-doing the "optics" vid with actual optimized stuff thats also universal.

ill be throwing in the following (also meter version if applicable):

non-charge & non-seria bnb
non-charge (but seria) bnb
charged seria bnb

grab bnb w/centerstage
bnb off gravedigger
corner bnb w/ & w/o charge
random opportunity to punish

2/3 swag combos, maybe more
wll the resets i know
perhaps some tech if im feeling generous

--- any suggestions?? ---

7.5k Chargless 1 bar no assist

c.lk > c.mk > s.hp(2) > seria cancel
c.lk > c.mk > s.hp(2) > silver chord > daisy pusher
s.hk
j.mk(2) > j.hp
j.lk > j.mk > j.hk
s.lp(2) > s.mp > c.hp > DragNBite

@Dolfinh thanks :) interesting take. Not really a fan of drag n bite unless charged, and even so usually go for arpeggio, but cool. Probably something to consider aside from what I do if charge is involved. Check out my new chargeless bnb above/in op. Think you'll be pleased.

7.5k Chargless 1 bar no assist

c.lk > c.mk > s.hp(2) > silver chord > daisy pusher
s.hk
j.mk(2) > j.hp
j.lk > j.mk > j.hk

I use that combo when I want to carry someone to the corner. If you take out the c.MK before the second s.HP(2) and put it right after daisy pusher you get more damage (around 7,6k).

c.lk > s.hp(2) > silver chord > daisy pusher
c.mk > s.hk
j.mk(2) > j.hp
j.lk > j.mk > j.hk

I use that combo when I want to carry someone to the corner. If you take out the c.MK before the second s.HP(2) and put it right after daisy pusher you get more damage (around 7,6k).
Oh wow I never tried this haha. I just assumed it would cause undizzy issues.

Not really a fan of drag n bite unless charged

I used to use arpeggio but the positioning afterwards always seemed awkward for me. I suppose it doesn't matter too much if you're using the combo to kill.

And yeah the corner carry is nice like Raging_Zoroark said. Plus more varied points to reset and all that from my perspective (I tend to use more air reset stuff without a charge).

I got a 7.73k & i actually didnt even see your post @Raging_Zoroark I did it a tad different though. with drag n bite, it's 7.76....not much difference there. Great minds eh :D

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp > seria cancel
c.lk, s.hp~s.hp > silver chord > (small little dash) daisy pusher,
(dash forward quite a bit) c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk(3), j.hp,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hk,
s.lp(2), s.mp, c.hp, arpeggio

@Dolfinh i guess i could see that, but in reality youre in a lot more danger starting from (almost) neutral with squigs than anything else. arpeggio often lets you get in c.mk to catch people off only a couple frames they have to move after. I guess it's a preference thing, but i feel drag n bite just isn't that great....aside from being an assist. youre +1 after DnB....that's it. But +10 off arpeggio. Need i say more ;)

with arpeggio, there are some instances where youll goto the corner & if youre lucky actually get a c.lk off it and go into a burst bait string. and c.lk alone is often enough to get impatient bursts because no one thinks you can follow up off it.

P.S. I have a bnb w/1 P-Charge that does 7.7k and goes FULL screen :) and i mean fulll. I'll record it later when i get this codec thing fixed -_-

Last edited:
I tested that combo a little more and actually I could reach 7,69k (still around 7,6 lol). I already have the habit of walking foward after silver chord and daisy pusher. It turns easier to make some resets (like that dive kick cross under).

P.S. I have a bnb w/1 P-Charge that does 7.7k and goes FULL screen :) and i mean fulll. I'll record it later when i get this codec thing fixed -_-

I wanna see this.

@Raging_Zoroark Here wweeee gooooo

- (You charge the K-Charge after the DP)
- The second half of the vid is just the swag version. Carries a litttttle less & uses otg, but come on....that center stage return is just so frickin cool isn't it?? Anyways this is a more optimized version of my old one. didn't use j.lp because it can be very finicky on mediums & double.

Just a note, im still trying to figure out timing in order to run in to get the s.mp...its actually really tricky and i did it when i wasnt thinking about it, but then when i tried again, i couldnt get which SBO bounce to stop charging because if you dash too early they fall...if you do it too late, obviously you'll have to settle for OTG and no sliding kd in the end for Oki. Anyways im sure it's not that complicated. Nothing really is about squigs. took me awhile to figure out vals 7k+ anywhere bnb combo before her buff so might have to do some lab time for this one too.

HOWEVER, if you don't mind settling for 7.69k damage, then do c.mp instead of c.mk in the first part. this way you can use the nice big/long reach of c.mk to catch them before otg. much more manageable that way, but its annoying me because i wanna figure out the timing for max damage.

idk....maybe there IS a way to do this and still get 7.7k with c.mp....idk we'll see.

Last edited:
Whoa, nice combo. You can get a charge while the opponent gets bounced in the air by SBO, right? If yes, have you tried charged liver mortis to get the sliding knockdown (I can't test right now)?

Are active frames of One inch punch invincible? I feel like there's one little part of it but idk. Any also you wouldn't wanna really use it anyways. It's only one hit so scaling...

It's a wonderful tool to use Against rushing opponents who just won't leave you alone

So, question, those of you Squigly players doing charge Draugen Punch after Daisy Pusher. Are any of you using a visual (or audio) cue on when to input your Draugen Punch, or is it just a timing you've nailed down?

I've been starting to input the DP as soon as I see the coffin /start/ to fall from the top of the screen, and it kinda helps, but it's still really hit or miss.

So, question, those of you Squigly players doing charge Draugen Punch after Daisy Pusher. Are any of you using a visual (or audio) cue on when to input your Draugen Punch, or is it just a timing you've nailed down?

I've been starting to input the DP as soon as I see the coffin /start/ to fall from the top of the screen, and it kinda helps, but it's still really hit or miss.

Great question actually. Probably should've covered that. Basically you start the input right when the coffin makes contact. Rrrrrrright when it touches the ground. Holding forward is what I do & when it hits, then I "roll" the stick (or analog in my case) downward immediately. Then of course, you need to let go as soon as possible.

Apparently charging is 60 frames but I've seen the training mode frame date with 57 if you're rrrright on point. Perhaps I'll make a vid then slow it down for you. It's definitely a little tricky at first, but using crashing sound as a cue also helps a lot too.

Anyways, when done like that and I'm not just being dumb, it's actually pretty dependable & easy.

P.S. I think I played against you a couple times recently

Reactions: Sarcasmic
The Kyouko solo Squigly on QM, that's me, and yes we've crossed a few times Nuuance. Always nice when I see Squiglys online, no matter how hard I get beat.

Also, holding forward til the crash then the rest of the motion sounds like a good cue, I'll give that a few shots. Started tryin out the other combos in your OP since I was tired of doing basically my midscreen in the corner when I know I could get more.

definitely! i mean not to toot my own horn but ive gotten SO many wins i shouldnt have because that combo was pretty optimized and takes advantage of all situations starting at 7k w/no bar, 8k w/meter no charge & 9k w/meter & charge.

Unfortunately because the combos do such great damage my neutral's been so terrible. lolI need to practice more. But yeah practice it and count down in your head and get used to the "rhythm" of it dropping. Trust me, you'll get it.

I usually wait until I see the coffin appearing on top of the screen, and when it appears, I do the motion for draugen punch. It's not 100% reliable, but I get pretty consistent results with this method.

That's good :) idk, with my I've not messed it up unless I've screwed up the motion itself (cuz I'm a doofus). Works for me on pad 90% in spite of it.

Ps: also, hold forward after doing it when you're charging so you're hopping towards them, getting closer and moving them closer to the corner at the same time. Since I've done that it's helped a lot and I can do the combo from a little farther out

Are active frames of One inch punch invincible? I feel like there's one little part of it but idk. Any also you wouldn't wanna really use it anyways. It's only one hit so scaling...

It's a wonderful tool to use Against rushing opponents who just won't leave you alone
Advanced attack data says yes, but only on the seria version.

You can totally shorten/ease the charge timing by charging a bit after silver chord. once you;re able, you have two options:

236 LP (hold) xx 214 LK

• Easier but there seems to be a buffer period you have to do this in.
236 MP/HP (hold) xx 214 (LP+LK)
  • Kara makes this relatively difficult but it's necessary to cancel the stance whole also GOOD NEWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO SLIDE-INPUT THIS, but the fact that you can actually makes this much easier. you just have to hold whatever you're charging as you hit throw.