• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

@Dolfinhyoure +1 after DnB....that's it. But +10 off arpeggio. Need i say more ;)

with arpeggio, there are some instances where youll goto the corner & if youre lucky actually get a c.lk off it and go into a burst bait string. and c.lk alone is often enough to get impatient bursts because no one thinks you can follow up off it.
If you look at the positioning Arpeggio leaves you at vs the positioning DnB leaves you midscreen I think you're in a better position even if Arpeggio is +10.

not that i'm really finishing a combo on that character unless it can kill anyway

I've never thought about using arpeggio links for burst baits though, that's a super good idea ._.

so, i just tested it. in the corner, if you do c.lk, c.mk, s.hpx2 stancel, c.lk, c.mk, c.hp xx arpeggio, c.lk on double, it works as a burst bait

gonna test on everyone now

ok, quick testing, here's my notes

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp x2 xx stancel
c.lk, c.mk, c.hp x4 arpeggio, c.lk
works on double, bella, beo, val

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp x2 xx stancel
c.lk, c.hp x4 arpeggio, c.lk
works on parasoul, fortune, filia/fukua

all fail on squigly, band, eliza, peacock, pain

One final edit: for all of these, you need to be right up in their grill on the first chain for the burst bait to work. if you're not right up on them in the first chain, the c.lk after arpeggio will whiff.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Even though no one is gonna do this. cLK cHP1 stancel cLK cHP1 stancel cLK (IPS) cHP1 totally burst baits some characters in the corner, the cHP pushes you backwards slightly each time

Reactions: Bigtonney
I use arpeggio because it's also + on block and I ALWAYYYSSSSS catch people w/c.lk. Or I can j.lp. If you do it I. The first chain it catches virtually everyone.

Idk I just strongly disagree. I never see anything good from drag n bite. The positioning is far superior Imo #battleopera anyone?

Drag n Bite's bonus is raw damage, especially with charge. I generally only end combos in it if I've got them in the corner or it's against a wider body character that I have the option to SBO on

So I've been doing some labbing with Squigly / Bella and found that the most damaging level 1 dhc is silver cordxxSBOxxUSS

So does anyone know the most optimized combo that ends in silver cord ?

With my fairly unoptimized combo i'm getting 11k for 2 meters using that dhc.

So I've been doing some labbing with Squigly / Bella and found that the most damaging level 1 dhc is silver cordxxSBOxxUSS

So does anyone know the most optimized combo that ends in silver cord ?

With my fairly unoptimized combo i'm getting 11k for 2 meters using that dhc.
well first of all, what bnb are you using? and are we talking anywhere bnb or corner...

Also, charge vs uncharged, vs what weight classes, etc.

I'm just looking for max damage possible , so corner with a charge , vs any weight class I guess.

well first of all, what bnb are you using? and are we talking anywhere bnb or corner...

I'll see if I can upload the combo I'm doing later.

Looking for concepts really , as most optimized bnbs in this thread seem to use silver cord fairly early.

it's generally used relatively early because at the point we use it, damage will have already scaled to 50%. This way, we're getting a daisy pusher in at optimal time for damage

Weird thing. I think this combo fails on Parasoul oddly enough. She low profiles the 2nd s.hp x2 after wall bounce. At the very least, the timing is far more strict than anyone else in the cast, but I think it outright just doesn't work, sadface.

It works on everyone, but it's a really wonky timing on all the heavies, and all the heavies have their own timing. Para, Double, and Beo also have a weird thing where you'll sometimes crossup when you do the restand chain.

Yeah, I've found the cross thing. Double and Beo are a little wonky, but doable. I just jump straight up instead of forward and it mostly fixes that, but I can't for the life of me get it to work on Para.

Honestly, do what I do: just keep resetting. Optimal damage is for chumps

Fair enough. If I modify slightly I can land it on her, and lose like 200 damage. I'll prolly stick with that then. No point in sticking with something that's not workin for me.

(Also, yeah, resetting I need to work on too.)

Yeah. In some cases the c.mp is good for catching off DP & jumping up for double is very helpful sometimes. Moreso than resets I just need to learn better blocking -_- &/or defense *sigh*

I find cMP to be much easier to connect in that situation than sMP--even saves your OTG if you hit just right

Reactions: Nuuance
I'll try to remember to include this in my updated complete combo video/guide

Btw I found that the ....s.hk, j.mp, H Gravedigger 7.1k chargeless/stance less bnb works on Eliza! It's a tad bit tricky but doable. Must wait till the last minute. The point where still working on but it's not as hard as I thought. Since half the cast are mediums/heavies (all dlc...cough cough lol)...I'd strongly consider using this. Plus it's super cool look imo.

Check the OP for the combo.

Hi guys, new Squigly and Skullgirls player. This is such a good resource. :D

One thing I have a question about is the c.hp burst baits in these combos. I'm working on this combo:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
s.lp, s.hp, silver chord,
walk up, s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
c.lk, c.mk, s.hk,
slighttt delay j.mk, j.hp,
sllighttt delay j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, H Gravedigger,
back up a bit, c.hp burst bait

In training, the dummy bursts out ASAP after the first hit of c.hp, cutting the damage short (to 6818 instead of 7108). Is this supposed to happen? I'm a new player not to familiar with how undizzy works and stuff, but I'm unable to get that 7108 guaranteed damage due to the burst. I think I'm doing everything correctly (same hits and damage as in the video) before the c.hp. I'm playing on PC on the Beta, if that matters.

It does cut the damage short, but if they burst you can start a new combo by grabbing them with silver chord. Their undizzy will be completely drained too, so you can do a full combo again!

Most players will eat the entirety of c.hp

Reactions: Antifate
In training, the dummy bursts out ASAP after the first hit of c.hp, cutting the damage short (to 6818 instead of 7108). Is this supposed to happen?

technically, yes. Check the options menu in training. somewhere down the list is "escape Infinite Combos," and by default it's set to "1st hit," meaning the dummy will burst as soon as it's hit my something that triggers IPS or undizzy. you can set this number to a different number, having it burst on the second, third, etc hit after the combo would trigger a burst, and you can even adjust the timing of the dummy's burst in an option below it (forgot what it's called).

Reactions: Antifate
@Antifate welcome :) btw not sure if youre following just notation if you didnt check the vid, but after the s.mp is s.hp to another s.hp. I forgot to add that lol (even though its pretty obvious). But moving on, make sure you have block after first hit selected & stagger escape option on. pretty important. For squigs I always have escape infinite after 4th hit since that's the whole c.hp thing.

It does cut the damage short, but if they burst you can start a new combo by grabbing them with silver chord. Their undizzy will be completely drained too, so you can do a full combo again!

Most players will eat the entirety of c.hp

This is incredibly true. And because of this I actually do other things that people typically wouldnt let you. Since they're too scared to burst, get in c.mk, s.hk in there :) usually they'll burst midair out of typical 2-hit burst-am-i-safe-reflex. Play around with it. Also...when you first do the combo feel free to get in close for the c.hp and let them burst you, then when you do it again, back up a tad while they're in the air (and it's hard for them to directly see you) & get that yummy burst ;)

P.S. That combo is pretty hard to start with!! hows it coming?

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
What I don't get is why so few people AC that bait. There are plenty of assist options that blow right through it

There are few alpha counters that don't lose to reaction daisy pusher

There's something very strange going on with my execution on the last combos posted here. Dunno if it's because I'm still new to the game or if something was patched on Squigly.
I'm trying to do this combo I ripped from Nuuance's vid:

C.LK C.MK S.HPx2 stance cancel S.LP S.HPx2 Silver Chord Step Up S.MP S.HPx2 Stancel C.LK C.MK S.HK J.MK J.HP rejump J.MK J.HK Falling Woman C.HP

But every time I rejump for J.MK then J.HK, the training dummy bursts on the first J.MK hit. Also happens when trying to execute the old combos from the OP. Any light for a new Squig?

You're missing a jLP or jLK before it

Reactions: Law
@Law Also just a note, the combo does like 7.2 if you use c.lk for the first stancel then s.lp~s.lp for the second. This way it works on crouching characters too. I honestly don't know WHY I did it this way but I remember there was some obscure reason. New notation would be:

I'll fix OP Later

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, stancel
c.lk, s.hp~s.hp, chord
s.mp, s.hp~s.hp,
s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, s.hk,
(slight delay on jump) j.mk (3 or 4...whichever you can do), j.hp,
j.lk, j.mk(2), j.hk, H Gravedigger, back up tiny bit & c.hp bait.

j.lks hit box better for weird situations & medium/heavies

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigtonney and Law
@Law Also just a note, the combo does like 7.2 if you use c.lk for the first stancel then s.lp~s.lp for the second. This way it works on crouching characters too. I honestly don't know WHY I did it this way but I remember there was some obscure reason. New notation would be:

I'll fix OP Later

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, stancel
c.lk, s.hp~s.hp, chord
s.mp, s.hp~s.hp,
s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, s.hk,
(slight delay on jump) j.mk (3 or 4...whichever you can do), j.hp,
j.lk, j.mk(2), j.hk, H Gravedigger, back up tiny bit & c.hp bait.

j.lks hit box better for weird situations & medium/heavies

Perfection, it's working wonders like that.
The C.LK and S.LP change made it a bit confusing for my fingers at first but I guess that's what Squigly is made of.

You're missing a jLP or jLK before it
Thanks for the quick response. That's exactly what was missing, as stated by Nuuance after you. But now I'm curious on WHY one j.LK makes the whole difference for the drama? Something related to combo stages? Like starting that part of the aerial part of the combo with a light attack is the only way to continue because you already started the last aerial with J.MK?

nah, go manly. hit that one frame link of s.hp stancel c.lp

Reactions: Dolphin-Dude
@Law it took me a while to get too, but you basically have the gist of it. From what I've gathered, this is how it pretty much works:

1. 1st "stage" or chain in other words...is free. (Before launching or linking to other chain w/special)
2. If you catch them from the air, that's also free...essentially giving you 2 freebies
3. Think of it like a tree you're climbing over & over.. You can only climb again from branches you haven't used yet.
a) CANT start in the same place you started previously (using mk as starters twice)
b) CAN leave out "branches" to climb for later (especially popular, leaving out lk/lp for later use)
c) air chains use a separate tree so you can do the same chains in the air button-wise if you've accounted properly
d) supers don't count in chains but if you use them first, the first chain after that's usually free WILL be recorded & might change combo a bit. Supers also doubt count against IPS

Essentially comboing in sg is just management of this until you can't use anymore or undizzy (combo-too-long-meter) fills. I'll illustrate: F = free, unrecorded chain. 1 is first recorded chain, 2 = second...etc, sc= stance cancel after, j= jump version. Does not include bait.

Start at the bottom and work your way up to "read" this then go back down & start over

(END OF DESIRED CHAIN)

Super
|
Special Move 1 j5
|
Hk 3 j5
|
Hp F 1 2sc j4
|
Mk F 3 j4 j5
|
Mp 2
|
Lk F 1 j5
|
Lp 3

(YOU)

Last edited:
Oh wow. The ladder is kinda messy at first glance, but I got it. Climbling from the F to 1s, 2s, 3s, etc... Makes the combo "right". Any change messes with all the next branches so I have to work a new way up to the optimized end.

a) CANT start in the same place you started previously (using mk as starters twice)
b) CAN leave out "branches" to climb for later (especially popular, leaving out lk/lp for later use)

So, these are the essentials I was trying to understand. I was taking that in an "intuitive" way when playing Eliza, because of the specials I guess (a lot of Horus, Khat and Spiral), but the stance cancels on Squigly tightens the distance between the "ladders". Thanks for the explanation and the analogy.

@Law Yeah a number of characters have specials to help transition like spiral. Horus only allowed once though :( I kinda wish you could again if it's the first thing used

@Law Yeah a number of characters have specials to help transition like spiral. Horus only allowed once though :( I kinda wish you could again if it's the first thing used

Spiral is only allowed once now too, for the record.

Spiral is only allowed once now too, for the record.
What are you talking about....? I use it again all the time...is this a new thing? Where?

Come on mikeeeee :((((

What are you talking about....? I use it again all the time...is this a new thing? Where?

Come on mikeeeee :((((

LSpiral once per combo has been a thing for at least a month or more, patched for.. annoyance reasons? IIRC

It's not annoying though lol! Huh?? Lol it doesn't even do a lot of damage as other combos. I don't see why...honestly. And are we talking beta? Because on PC retail either I haven't noticed it or...idk