• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Val Vial Load/Toss Alternating Assist

gllt

On my own
Reaction score
Steam
gllt
Ok this is a dumb idea but I want @Mike_Z to tell me it's dumb personally so I'm making a thread.

Can Val get an assist (QCB+LPMP/MPHP/LPHP) That loads a vial to lvl 1 if no vial is loaded and tosses if it is?
Then I can do green vial combos with with everybody without having to do silly tag shenanigans and stupid plans.
Like, reliably do cool vial combos with other characters in real matches. Man.

If it seems too OP (like this idea will even get touched) could you make it count as 'hitting' on load during a combo so that you can't load and throw all in the same combo because the assist whiffs during load? Sort of like you can't call center stage a bajillion times because that was dumb. I think you can still recall fortune's head and toss it again though? Head roll assist is cool.
I can imagine being able to load a poison vial during a Bella or Big Band combo then throw it every combo would be kinda stupid maybe but reliably being able to load vials in neutral and use them in combos with other characters as an assist sounds cool. :( If it's not a broken idea.

I'd be the only one using green vial lmao. I dunno orange might become popular. Purple seems like the one people would flock to though because DAMAGE!! But green would make for amazing confirms. And styling.

Okay I made the thread I can sleep happy now knowing I made my one big Skullgirls suggestion goodnight sweet prince

If you set vial load as an assist, you sacrifice an offensive assist for damage/undizzy/input-lag later when val's put on point, either through DHC, death, or tag. If you set Dead Cross as an assist to throw loaded vials, you have an offensive assist that just happens to be upgraded significantly if vials are loaded, but can't really upgrade them without the risk/time investment of loading them during the time val's on point and either DHCing out or tagging out.

If you have both in one assist, the risks are really minimized and the offensive utility is there at least half the time and in its stronger form. You're getting all the cake and eating it too. I know you mostly want this for green/orange vials, but it seems pretty unfair imo when considering how strong pink vial's percentage-based damage outside of scaling really is.

And that's assuming it's easy to implement code-wise. =/