• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine super whiff?

SilentRukei

The Lunar Sloth; Silent Rukei
Reaction score
Steam
Silentrukei
PSN
Silent Rukei
Valentine Painwheel Big Band
So I was messing around with this combo here that ends with D.O.A but I noticed that sometimes it whiffed. I first discovered it in the beta and replicated it multiple times and I booted up the retail build and did it again. I decided to record the beta version at the time, but regardless I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen?
[EDIT] So I checked to see if other specials whiff and so far Checkmate Incision misses completely, EKG misses or hits, and Rebirth Ex Machina always hits.

Last edited:
After a blue bounce, the opponent goes into an invincible recovery animation (unlike the purple bounce, which you can combo after). You can see this easily if you turn hitboxes on. That's why your supers are whiffing.

Also, it looks like you don't have your dummy set to ground tech? You should change that, or you're gonna find yourself practicing combos that won't work in real matches. For instance, that H Bypass you did at the end won't work, since it comes after the blue bounce.