• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Various options and features for Vs and Training mode, as well as the game in general

MajoraZ

I apologize if I shouldn't be making one thread for multiple suggestions, but I didn't want to make 6 threads at once. If I should be making separate threads, then if a mod could split this up into separate threads, I would appreciate that.

General Game Features:

• Subtitles for in game lines:
    • A setting to show subtitles for intro, knockdown, and victory/defeat dialog.
  • Sound test mode
    • We already have an art gallery and a BGM player in it, why not make that into a full sound test to listen to sound effects and voice lines in addition to the music?

Vs mode:

• Player vs. CPU mode, and CPU vs. CPU mode
    • Self explanatory. I am aware it is possible to set up a vs. cpu battle in training mode, but there is no CPU vs. CPU setting.

Training mode:
  • Further "death enabled" settings
    • Define what happens when a death occurs in training mode. Right now it occurs same as if you were playing in any other game mode, with a victory animation and the "Play Again, Change Characters..." menu. An option to define if we want that to happen, or if we want the dummy to revive after a few seconds, or if we want the training mode session to reset or revert to the last savestate on death would be nice.
  • Toggle that slows down music and sound effects when using slow motion in training mode
    • if in training mode we are recording footage with slow motion on, say if we are practicing a combo, and we wish to then speed it up in a video editing program, that the audio isn't messed up.
  • Playback player input sequence, with appending savestates. IE: "Tool assisted" playback
    • This might already be possible, as I am having a really hard time using the save state function in training mode, but if it's not.... Say i'm trying to pull off a 20 move combo, but I always mess it up around move 7. I'd like to be able to hit a button before I start, then start to execute the combo, then hit another button after I input move 6 to tell the game to repeat from that point on, like with save state. So if I mess up, I restart from that point. But once I get the input for move 7 correct, I can fit another button, which will append that last amount of time since I reload till I hit it, to the playback recording. This can be continued on and on.
    • This way, you can sort of do a "tool assisted combo" in training mode to play back, so even if you mess up at any point, as long as you hit the save state button before you messed up, you can start over from that point and repeat until you get it right, save state again, and repeat, until the whole thing is correct, and you can play back the entire thing start to finish as you did it with all the bits you selected being played out.
    • Perhaps that can also be combined with a sort of "ghost", like in racing games, so you can practice following the correct timing of inputs against the perfect, tool assisted string. I understand this would probably be not possible to achieve on consoles due to memory and input limitations (there simply aren't enough buttons), but even if this is a PC only thing I would appreciate this as a tool in training.

Back