• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Versus Menu Bug

Inkheart Artist

Reaction score
Steam
Inkheart Artist
Peacock Ms. Fortune
Hello, I'm not sure that this is the right place to put this because I've found it in the non-beta version of the PC release of the game. But anyway, I've found that, fairly frequently, when I select versus from the main menu, the versus menu will come up but not leave. Like I'll select "find lobby" and it will take me to that menu but the original versus menu will still be visible under it. The menu stays even if you back back out to the main menu and select another option. While it doesn't show up while in an actual match, I've found that it often greets me when I finish a match and go back to the menu screen. The only way I've found to make it go away is to restart Skullgirls.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't personally had this problem, but could you take a screenshot (or better yet, a video) to show exactly what you mean?

I'll keep an eye on it and screenshot it the next time it comes up. How would I go about video capture?

I just caught another menu bug that might be tied to this. I played a match in versus (no menu errors this time) and left to play arcade. When I selected arcade it responded like it was going into character select but brought me back to the single player menu. I tried it with story mode and it had the same effect. I also tried the training room and it brought up the training options menu and when I selected to start the training session, it brought me back to the main training menu.

I don't think a screenshot of this would help, but the game is still on and showing the bug. I'll try to look into video capture.

For video capture, you'd need to install a program like FRAPS or Bandicam. The free version of the second one should be the best bet, and then just upload the video to youtube or somethign.

I never managed to find a program to video tape the last bug, first program that came up on google ended up being a virus and taking care made a video capture of that session impossible. The versus bug I talked about in my original post popped up again finally but the prt sc screenshot was of a blank window with the Skullgirls icon in the top right border... I'm beginning to wonder if I can get any visual evidence of this, its got me a little flustered.

The bug seems to come up when I go into lobby play, a visual tick occurs as it looks for lobbies to join and then the lobby options get stuck on the screen as I mentioned in the first post. This may not be all that useful with my apparent inability to get some screenshots of it but I'm running on a 64bit version of Windows 8. Sorry I'm not doing a better job getting useful information to help.

have you tried using evolve?