• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

War changes occasionally, aka The Fallout Thread

I've gotten Fallout 3 to work on Windows 8. Just download the unofficial patch and look up how to limit Fallout 3 to only use 2 cores on your cpu. Doing those two things should fix pretty much every problem in that game.

It doesn't fix the fact that you're playing Fallout 3. :PUN:

Does anyone atleast remember any unique character from Fallout 3?
I remember Three Dog and Moira Brown. Wish I didn't on both accounts though, making a character cringeworthy isn't the best way to make him memorable.

To be fair there were positive entries with John Henry Eden (in the radio; dialogue with him was disappointing in how easy and lacking logic the route to change his mind was) and Desmond Lockheart from Point Lookout (loved the bastard, so much personality, you'd think he's a New Vegas character). Maybe a honorary mention to Alistair Tenpenny, he was ok (as opposed to his lapdog Mr Burke who screamed trying-too-hard louder than I thought humanly possible).

The above three probably cover it, though. Everyone else had as much character as Gary, if even that much.
Some could mention Harold and Fawkes, but honestly both sounded retarded and lacking the wit the first used to have and the other should have to be interesting.

Reactions: The Dave
The only characters I remember from Fallout 3 were a pastor and suicidal dude living on a ship, who have the same voice actor. I stopped playing after watching them have a conversation with each other in the exact same voice.

Reactions: Magma442 and Muro
Didnt FO NV use the same VAs for different characters?

I'm sure it did, but they were smart enough to not have the same voice actor talk to himself in the same voice.

Oh god, I am now imagining Mr.House's voice for Jane. And how she calls you "Sugar". And a scene where she talks with Mr.House as well.

Mr House was best girl, hands down. Keep your trash tier NCR and Legion waifus in the garbage.

Mr House was best girl, hands down. Keep your trash tier NCR and Legion waifus in the garbage.
This guy knows what's up

Mr.House confirmed for most lewd and best waifu material.

Mr.House in schoolgirl uniform when?
"It's not that I think you're my best worker or anything...b-baka!"

Holy shit I cant believe I just typed that.

To make up for it: Mr.House in fishnet stockings when?

I do hope they rework karma. Currently, if you have an ounce of common sense or long-term preservation, it treats you like Sweet Baby Jesus. I want an "I'm not the Messiah, I'm a very naughty boy!" option.

As for Speech options, I like that, with enough Science!, I can skip fetching material components and convince the NPC they can make an airtight seal using cornstarch and stuff. It's especially good for second playthroughs where you've already done all the things and are mostly seeing what options weren't available because you were too busy smashing things with a hammer last time. Maybe if they made it clear you could try a Speech option, but not how much you need to succeed? That way you still get an element of apparent chance without it actually being a probability?

Also... I really didn't like navigating Vaults. I mean, yes, they're supposed to be claustrophobic and cramped and hard to navigate, but I always got really lost and frustrated and confused. Don't know how they can fix it, unfortunately. Cleaner, simpler local maps, maybe?

Speaking of Karma in one of my playthroughs of NV I was on good terms with the NCR so I decided for the heck of it put a grenade in an NCR soldiers pocket and see what happened. He blew up but my faction level became 'Lovable Rascal'

Speaking of Karma in one of my playthroughs of NV I was on good terms with the NCR so I decided for the heck of it put a grenade in an NCR soldiers pocket and see what happened. He blew up but my faction level became 'Lovable Rascal'

Aye; New Vegas had a nicely complex reputation system in addition to karma points. So, you're a good/bad person depending on how many knickknacks you steal, Fiends you kill, etc. You also have good and bad reputation with various different factions depending on if you help or hurt them; and good and bad reputations don't cancel each other out. So, if you're mostly helpful and awesome but explode the occasional pair of pants, you get labeled accordingly- in this case, "Lovable Rascal." As I recall, the max ranking for good and bad reputation was "Wild Card."

So, yeah. Here's hoping that sort of thing returns. It was pretty cool.

It seems pretty easy to piss off Caesar in New Vegas, from what I'm seeing in my playthrough. I had to go to his camp and kill him and everyone there to keep his assassins from bothering me all the time.

Have you ever tried to run a legion with splitting headaches you would be pissed to if a mailman killed your entire legion.

Caesar had headaches? Is that what the machine next to his bed was for?

The Tumor he had created extreamly painful headaches so yes I guess.

Well I cured that shit with an alien blaster to his face.

Lol I never upgraded my medicine. Energy weapons and science, on the other hand...

I usually go small arms, speech, and medicine.

For when I talk it out with the person, unless they're being an asshole.

I've been going energy weapons, science, speech, and lock picking. Slowly working on repairing, too. Got to keep the gatling laser and tesla cannon in shape!

Oh yeah I go lock picking.

For when people tell me NOT to break into their shit.

Whenever I make my character to look like me, he always ends looking too black or too mexican.

I need a balance between the two damnit.

I tried making my character blonde once in New Vegas. The yellow colour kept being too dark in that mirror thingy Mitchell gives you, so I made it rather bright.
I deleted the character after I saw his radioactive hair.

I always run a black haired female.

You mean you don't play an Aryan blonde man of supreme justice fighting for a pure America?
Please hand in your ID card and proceed to the double hangar for a "test".

Seeing how you will be able to basically build an entire settlement, is there any info if you'll be able to run your very own business? Since I see no reason why not to after seeing you can build your own house and all that.
If so, I'll be listening to this non-stop

Reactions: Ktulu
Hoping for the ability to sell lamp oil, rope and bombs.

Reactions: LugerSpamDouble
Fallout Franchise on sale to day (and technically tomorrow) on steam sale, just so people know.

Also updated my stat list this morning circa bobbleheads and skillbooks just for non-3 game sake. Also my character almost always ending up looking like a cross between Mr Burke, Mexican, and pedo (don't ask me it's just how it always looks and creeps me the hell out every time I see my character's face). All with blue and or green hair, just because it's an option.

Reactions: Jutsei
Failed my be a bit harsh, maybe a face only a mother could love (if that) and a personality of a brick wall. But with generally at least maxed out Skill sets and decent perks like Robot Expert and Silent Running (I mostly go for Intense Training to cover my low initial Endurance/even out my SPECIAL). Though I do tend to grab Cyborg and Adamantium Skeleton so experiment my not be to far off.

Man fuck the brotherhood

House tasked me to blow up the brotherhood base "ok cool" I thought at the base I saw I need three key cards to blow the base. Now the elder is making through these fucking hoops for a reward he never even specifically what it is, if there's even one at all.

Can I just kill them all with my gun or something?

Man fuck the brotherhood

House tasked me to blow up the brotherhood base "ok cool" I thought at the base I saw I need three key cards to blow the base. Now the elder is making through these fucking hoops for a reward he never even specifically what it is, if there's even one at all.

Can I just kill them all with my gun or something?

Uh... yeah, actually. Though that might not be such a good idea if you still have the bomb collar around your neck. With enough Science, I think there's a terminal you can hack to kill them all, too.

Science is stupid so I didnt invest any points Into science.

And I dont remember any bomb on my neck. The last time I tried to kill them my head didnt randomly explode.

And just to be specific Im at the part where I have to collect a bunch of junk so they wouldnt die to the lack of oxygen in the bunker.

Is there any way I can skip the brotherhood's bullcrap and just blow them up without being a science wiz?

Science is stupid so I didnt invest any points Into science.

And I dont remember any bomb on my neck. The last time I tried to kill them my head didnt randomly explode.

And just to be specific Im at the part where I have to collect a bunch of junk so they wouldnt die to the lack of oxygen in the bunker.

Is there any way I can skip the brotherhood's bullcrap and just blow them up without being a science wiz?

Ah. I just looked into the quest, and you can pickpocket/murder and loot the three people who have the keycards in order to get the self destruct sequence going.

...or you could just shoot them all. Shouldn't be too hard.