• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Weird controller duplication and controlling 2 characters with 1 controller glitch

MetroKoolAid

Do you even Squigly?
Reaction score
Steam
MetroKoolAid
Squigly Big Band

So I was streaming (release version) and the game started to think I had 2 controllers and 2 keyboards plugged in at the same time. (I only have 1 controller and 1 keyboard plugged in.) After awhile I my controls started to feel weird. In response, I went into local training mode and all of a sudden I was controlling both characters with the same controller. I'm not sure what was causing the game to think I have 2 controllers and 2 keyboards but alt + tab and shift + tab (steam overlay) seems to affect it in a way. Watch the video and then I will break down what was happening below. (sorry for the long pause in the video. Once you reach 1:10 skip to 2:30).

This was the second time the glitch happened. (I restarted the game at the beginning of the video). So I start it up and it leads me to the controller select screen. If I either open the steam overlay or alt tab out of the game and then enter the game again, I can control the menus without selecting a controller. The long pause was me waiting for someone to invite me to a lobby. When I got there I couldn't ready up (keyboard and controller froze), so when I alt tab'd out and reentered the game it would select whatever option I was on (In this case ready up). The GGPO screen appeared and it wouldn't let me change the number. (controller and keyboard froze again). So the character select screen shows up and something interesting happened. My controller and keyboard froze again but the game also froze in a way too. (notice how Fukua's icon isn't hidden). I got through by alt tab'in again. Now I can select my characters like I would be able to normally. However, it wouldn't let me accept my character selection and I would get stuck at the screen asking if I wanted to accept. Alt Tab'in made the game select no but I couldn't get pass that screen. I waited for the time to count down and force me to select my characters. After it stayed at 0 for awhile I was able to select a stage. I had no problems being able to select a stage. This is where things get weird. Playing felt weird and quarter circles were very hard to do. So that game passes by and I was able to select change characters, change them, and select a stage with absolutely no problems. I start trying to charge Squigly's attacks and I find it very difficult to get it working. So I told my friend to kill me and then I back out. I went into training mode, selected both characters, and then selected a stage with no problem. When it started, I was controlling both Squigly's at the same time. It was very odd and I can fix it by relaunching the game. But I will be prompted with the controller select screen again, which means I can recreate the glitch again.

If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it please tell! If you would like anymore info just ask and I'll try my best to explain or recreate if I have to.