• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Weird or Unusual headcanons

Well, then maybe people shouldn't have gotten so miffed over the topic. Weird hair colors are just A Thing That Happens in SG, whether it's natural or characters dye their hair is irrelevant. SG is full of all manners of oddities and you guys pick on the one that is easily explained with "because it's cool and that's what the artist chose".
I find it hilarious that this is all coming from the person who's convinced herself that Marie's hair was always white.

Seriously though I agree with Undeadtoon, we should really move on from this "discussion".

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Red hair ain't anime, yo.

0.jpg

Yes, that looks like anime to me. Obviously it's anime. What else would it be?

I find it hilarious that this is all coming from the person who's convinced herself that Marie's hair was always white.

Seriously though I agree with Undeadtoon, we should really move on from this "discussion".

Grey, not white. Please. If you're going to belittle me, at least get it right.

The reason I want to ask that question isn't just about Marie, anyway, but for the sake of the lore: if the Skull Heart changes someone's hair color, it's never been mentioned before in any of the information we've been given. Only the eyes and skeletal decor have ever been specified. And in terms of concept art, Marie's always had grey hair. None of the other Skullgirl portraits prove or disprove this due to the nature of their coloration, so.

Before you go trying to jump down my throat for this yet again, it's for the sake of accuracy in fanart. If I want to draw Skullgirl Nancy, do I color her with black hair, or grey hair? We won't know unless that question is asked, now will we?

Anyway. The point being that it's dumb to get all up in arms about the logic of why people have weird hair colors to begin with in a stylized cartoonish setting.

I mean, the game is populated with fish people who are all of the same race but all look like completely different species, and we're wondering why someone inherits red hair when mom has black? At some point you just have to accept that it's a stylistic decision without much reason behind it. That's just how it goes.

Last edited:
This is seems like a thing we'd just have to ask Alex.

Is Chrono_Tata still accepting question ideas?

Citizen Snips

I'm a science student, it's my job to overanalyze everything regardless of context.

ANYHOW, BACK TO THE OT

-Despite her willingness to perform horribly invasive consent-free surgery on others, Valentine is absolutely terrified by the prospect of going under the knife herself.

Only one of mine that comes to mind at the moment. I have others, I'm just drawing a mental blank right now for whatever reason.

Is Chrono_Tata still accepting question ideas?
He isn't.
Grey, not white. Please. If you're going to belittle me, at least get it right.
I'm not belittling you, I'm making an observation.

Last edited:
Can we kindly get back on topic?

• All of the royal family (not the current ones leading) of Canopy Kingdom are named after famous artists.
  • Likewise any Medici associates are probably themed after other Patrons of the Arts.
  • This is more of a Lore Headcanon but the ASG Labs are themed after the 9 circles of hell (dante's inferno). For example, Lab 8 would be Limbo, Lab 4 would be greed, lab 0 would somewhat fittingly be treachery, etc.

I think Feng is cool.
Stanley probably has the most will out of Lab 8, he just hasn't unlocked his powerlevel tree
I Think this game is good

I don't know what headcanon is.

Reactions: SHODAN
I'm a science student, it's my job to overanalyze everything regardless of context.

ANYHOW, BACK TO THE OT

-Despite her willingness to perform horribly invasive consent-free surgery on others, Valentine is absolutely terrified by the prospect of going under the knife herself.

Only one of mine that comes to mind at the moment. I have others, I'm just drawing a mental blank right now for whatever reason.
I almost want to ask if Valentine's own experimentation was not exactly consensual either...

I think that Carol being the person that past!Filia messed with is actually some of the non-canon part of her story mode. Even when Squigly's story is the only one other than Filia's that even references it (not even in Painwheel's own story), Filia doesn't even give a name.

What about dem character hair colors, though.

No, forget haircolors.

It's yogurt.

Depends on the flavor yo

Also I'm, like, 98% sure he was joking, yo
Nah, I still had to ask IRC about this concept

it's different I can say that much

Star Saber trained Annie in the ways of the sword, passing his mantle of greatest swordsman in the universe down to her. He also taught her how to make a sword out of a meteorite and making her own was her final exam as student of the mighty Star Saber. Annie also is an honorable member of the Galactic Peace Alliance, defending earth and space against the Skullgirl-Threat.

If you don’t know who Star Saber is, well, shame on you.

Can we get back on somewhat topic?

why were we even talking about hair colors isnt that just Ahad's artistic freedom at work? but this is the unusual headcanon thread

Reactions: LKArtillery
We're past this already Arcana, let's just drop it.

Anybody got a April Fool's day editions? I got some:
For April Fools day, if Aeon likes you, rick roll pranks, if she hates you, screamers instead.

Reactions: NutellaCrepes
Head canon, Beowulf is notorious for his April Fool's Day pranks. Everybody in the rich neighborhood he lives in prepares for his tomfoolery as they would prepare for a category 5 hurricane.

Fukua has a pet name for April Fools: Fukuanzaa. She's a Pan-Africanist analogue.

Fukua also contains the soul of Delia and some other person (juju)

Reactions: Shockdingo
i'd love to see carol's reaction to fukua:
Carol: Rargh! I get you yet, Brain Drain!!!
Brain Drain: . . . I am not without kindness. *Filia clone'd!*
Carol: :PUN:

Reactions: Muro and Shockdingo
And then gets even more ticked when she figures out the implications.

From the Fukua trailer I've got a new one.

When Brain Drain was a normal and forgettable human, he would frequent the circus. He fawned over Beatrix's trickery, skills and aloof nature. He was smitten. Part of his motivation for greatness dealt with her. By signing up for the experimental trials to unlock his psychic potential, he could be something more. Telekinesis? Levitation. Pyrokinesis? Flame filled wonderment! He'd show everyone, now that he's on the road to greatness.

When Brain Drain was a normal and forgettable human, he would frequent the circus. He fawned over Beatrix's trickery, skills and aloof nature. He was smitten. Part of his motivation for greatness dealt with her. By signing up for the experimental trials to unlock his psychic potential, he could be something more. Telekinesis? Levitation. Pyrokinesis? Flame filled wonderment! He'd show everyone, now that he's on the road to greatness.
I'd ship it. *Shot'd

I'd ship it. *Shot'd

The bubbles that constantly surround Fukua are the result of an unfortunate bathing accident. The first time she took a shower, she accidentally grabbed and utilized a prototype invention of Brain Drain's made for the lulz: soap made from the souls of the dead. The Dagonian used to create the prototype did not like being stuck inside a block of soap for all eternity, so when Fukua inadvertently freed him from his cleanliness-inducing cage, he decided to spite Brain Drain by making it so that she would never have to use such a thing ever again. However, ghostly regulations and a lack of power forced a creative solution: spiritual bubbles that follow Fukua and purge the unclean should she come into contact with it.

Unfortunately, it takes a while to decompose the unclean, so Fukua now permanently smells like the world's biggest and most eclectic garbage dump.

Per the lore interview conducted today, I got a pretty funny little mental image when it was mentioned that Annie changes her hairstyle from time to time in order to avoid being recognized.

She can go out in public wearing absolutely nothing different from her usual outfit--save for a wig--and nobody will recognize her. It's not even due to any sort of power or anything, it's just comedic obliviousness on everybody else's part.

Sometimes she'll screw with her camera crew and put on a wig during breaks from filming the show, and everyone will panic running around wondering where the hell the star of the show got off to. They might even stop and ask this blonde girl loitering around who has a strange resemblance to Annie (but totally can't be Annie because Annie has green hair, duh) where the heck Annie went.

...okay so technically that's not even really a headcanon. Actually it's probably extremely out of character. But whatever. I think it'd be a little too narrow to make a "funny mental images" thread just for the sake of one post. P:

On the day little Nadia Fortune realized her name was a pun, she realized the mission she must carry out. To out-pun EVERYONE.

Reactions: Amandap99