• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What brings you back to SG?

Would you skull again?

• Total voters

trainedbydeath

Nevermind
Reaction score
Steam
TBD
PSN
xtrainedbydeath
XBL
trainedbydeath
Cerebella Double Parasoul
Heyo TBD here :D

There have been times when I have played SG and it's always come to my attention of:
"Why do I even play this game"
I'll be true when I say that iv'e drifted away from the game a bit. Not because that the game isn't fun or anything, but just that the community I enjoy and adore so much has been dying away from the game. So I was just personally wondering what it was that keeps you to the game?

Stuff like "this game brings joys and tears to my hearts when I hit him with that wombo combo happy bidoofday combo finisher" or something of that sort. Things that will remind people that the game is not all entirely "dead" and that it's always welcoming people back to the community.

Pretty much a: "sup guys tbd here, I want to hear your stories of your good times in SG and why it makes you remember that moment."

Today I went to a local and I went and faced fellow SG player Inferno at this place and played quite like 2 matches of SG. It was fun and made me realize that I should play this game a bit more.

Last edited:
Because of the Egrets.

GGPO netcode, the Aus online scene consistently growing, teaching new players (so many new players that actually learn are joining now! im so happy omggg), and it being a fun game with a very high skill cieling in general keeps me coming back.

Reactions: Dime
Some of the most memorable moments of the past year and change has been yucking it up with the New Your crew. It's hard to say whether I'd still be involved if it weren't for these guys honestly. So yea - my scene.

Also Kool Aid Jammers

hot 2D fighting

This man gets it.

Training mode lmao
Combo video combos
'y' moments (Fenrir dodges Fortune lvl 3 and then Fortune lvl 3 is punished with a Fenrir afterwards, one hit Fenrir throwing you across the screen, etc)
People like sev, domo, hilary, midiman, etc
tfw you actually improved
nothing else to do
i bought a freakin fight stick kinda gotta use it now
no consoles
rip

Reactions: fenster and Fosh
i'd say that the amount of content being pushed out is definitely more better than that of other games I can't think of off the top of my head

Reactions: Spellbound
What keeps me coming back, huh? Well, many things attribute to that. For starters, the characters are the most unique I've seen in a game in a long time. Each one having some interesting or amusing trait about them. Second, the amount of fun the game offers. I find SG very fun to play because it isn't too hard to get into. It's easy to learn, hard to master, and I like those types of games. Third, the fan art. Skullgirls has a truckload of it, and it is still piling up.

I'd say above all else though, the community is one of the best parts about Skullgirls. It's honestly one of the nicest and friendliest communities I have ever been a part of. You guys are pretty cool.

Man what about gulf coast tho

So I've been fucking with other games (BB and SF mostly), and I'll be honest. SG's level of polish is fucking amazing relative to other fighters.

Reactions: Dime
Squigly's snapback move

My need to improve my skills. I love setting up sessions in training mode refining combos/timing/mix-ups/character specific set-ups and all those good things.

Let's see what brings me back... honestly creative lore, game play a community willing to give the shirts off their back if that's what it takes to keep the game going( not to mention people like DDB and Muro intrigue me). Though there is no scene in South Jersey, I go online and have interesting matches. A company that's open with their fans as well as transparent ( I hope I used that right) even if it seems Mike can be abrasive, he cares deep down inside. Purty visuals ( and not just the boobies & booties). Venus Aeon and the Holy Mother. To be honest, have I ever left? Hell I plan to be one of the last ones holding on to the game until Mike Z personally says "PKStoopkid I hate your unknown guts" then I may just remain a casual I can go on but it's past my bed time

Reactions: trainedbydeath
what brings me back we;; one because the community is so nice. also after indiego i felt like this game is my baby i want it to do well

also i spent 15 dollars on this game i gotta get good at it

Ninjaface.png

I think you all know why Ninja can't leave. I have to wait until Beo and Robo-Kitty are here in their full forms.

View attachment 5919

I think you all know why Ninja can't leave. I have to wait until Beo and Robo-Kitty are here in their full forms.

But will Robo-kitty live to see the day? ;p

Man what about gulf coast tho
WOO Someone else from way down here!

Reactions: gllt
Watching my homies play it brings me back about once every 2 months, pretty... good.