• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What Recording Software Do You Use?

ss1shadow

Reaction score
Steam
ss1shadow
PSN
ss1shadow
Fukua Beowulf Robo Fortune
I tried looking for a thread that had this already but wasn't able to find one, so my apologies if this already exists somewhere.

With regard to beta updates and combos, I've seen a lot of really well made videos on these forums that have been uploaded to and linked from Youtube. I am curious on what software you're all using to record and/or edit your videos.

Some examples of great videos I've seen posted include:

and

I record using OBS also and I have Elgato for consoles.

Well, my video you listed there does say bandicam.com at the top =-P the trial will let you record like 10 minutes at a time which is really all I need for my purposes. It will give you a logo at the top which is a little bit of a shame, but I don't care about that in return for free recording that doesn't seem to cause too much frame lag. I then just simply cut it up with WMM.

OBS is free and everything else will cost money or you'll have to deal with a watermark
Dxtory
FRAPS
Bandicam
^ These are PC

v for consoles
El Gato
Roxio
Avermedia
Hauppauge

Well I just use Fraps for the recording and I just work a tiny little bit of editing magic in Sony Vegas 11. If your Pc can hack in both graphical performance and memory space Fraps will get you the best quality recording at the cost at having a raw video file size in the gigabytes range. But using Vegas to do some rendering will knock it down into a much more reasonable size. Just depends on what you have in performance and time.

also thanks for showcasing my video. Glad you enjoy it.

Razer Cortex is a pc tool that can help boost performance during gaming and also has video capture/screenshot functions. Only thing is you don't have a direct control over the frame rate of the video. I record on the medium setting, and it forces the video's frame rate to be 25FPS.

Awesome, thank you all for the super informative replies!