• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What's in a Name?? History Behind YOUR Name!

I played the original Blood and loved it (along with all of Monolith's other games). I heard that the sequel was really bad, though?

Yeah, the original is outstanding. The sequel isn't that great, but I enjoyed it because I liked the atmosphere, the weapons and the enemies designs. Also, I really love the FPS from the '90s, Pre and Post Quake.

Found mine more than 10 years ago while playing Quake II on PSX in 2 player duel mode. This is the kind of play that always make me want to goof around, acting like a parody of a brainless super soldier while playing, so I was looking to put something funny instead of "player 2".
I put "Beuz", thinking of "Buzz" because it's the same pronunciation in French. It overwrote the name so it was "beuzer 2" and this is why I put a zero to it and it's not just "beuz".

To sum up: Beuzer0 is the name of a brainless-badass-supersoldier whose main purpose in life is to explode enemies with a super shotgun and destroy everything with a rocket launcher while shouting like a parody of Rambo.

The correct pronunciation is "Buzzer Zero" but you can pronounce it however you like.

Reactions: jam1220
Mit = first three letters of my last name
Ju = first two letters of my first name

Why? I did this... And I liked it.
599757_245621778924484_816009724_n.jpg

How original...

Mine is a combination of my favorite Doctor who villian and Worf from Star Trek.

Reactions: Spellbound
Mine is a combination of my favorite Doctor who villian and Worf from Star Trek.
Good to see another Whovian.

The name SkullMan is just something I came up with it right off the bat when the site was first made. As for DMony107, the "DMony" part was based on the nickname D-Money that my college friends gave me. I find it endearing that they gave me a nickname so I decided to use it. The numbers are just random.

Mine is a shoutout to a story I've been writing for a bit now, Sorcerer's Daydream. One of the characters in it always seems like he's daydreaming because of his magic and from there it just kinda came to me.

My username is not a reference to sonic or starfox.
Fact: never watched or played any sonic/starfox game.
I just thought about gaia online, and how i liked thr concept of sonic speed and related it to the color blue. And then foxes turn out to be fav animal ever since like 7. So the name travelled all dese years lol

Oh boy, this is gonna be a long one.
See, back when I was like, 10 and was new to the internet, I was kinda-sorta not into Sonic the Hedgehog, honestly it's something I forced myself into to make friends.
And like with every kid, I had a shitty oc. (and the basis of my persona.) "Aqua the Cat", who also combined on my love of Avatar the Last Airbender, so she manipulated water. (Well, all 4 elements originally but I eventually started to realize what horrible ocs were.)

Eventally, when I was 14, I decided to make a different handle for myself, other then going by "Aqua" so I decided to keep some of my old self in it by calling myself "Water Mystic" and some random numbers that seemed to flow well.

So here we are.

Some guy called me Effay in high school (as a bastardization of the spanish word jefe, meaning boss) and it stuck.

Strangely enough neither he nor I are Hispanic.

I was like 13, and thinking of an XBL gamer tag. I wanted something that represented my creativity (okay this is arguable, but w/e), and something without numbers. I couldn't think of anything, so I started looking around my room. Found some crayons, and I was like "well crayola/crayons are pretty creative stuff." After a bit of thinking I made Crayolan, and after inputting I realized it was just crayola with an N added on, cause I'm dumb. Considering I took like 30 minutes thinking I just said fuck it and kept it as it was, and I've been using this for everything online since.

I had to create a name for a F2P game and I stole Demyx from some Kingdom Hearts II boss. But then it was already used in a lot of places so I just put an "A" into it and started using it on everything. Since there is no other Daemyx around I guess it's mine now.

Last edited:
I wear goggles, my goggles broke, I need to get new ones.
My old name sucked, I did even stupider things with that name, never again.

"Azzamacazza" is a nickname my dad gave me when I was little. If you see that name anywhere online, there's a good chance it's me.

I've been told that my name sounds like something rude in Italian, but only if you pronounce the z's like you do in "pizza", which I don't.

Used to go by "Eternal Blaze" for the longest time, off of my last name "Blaser", Eternal was just a variation of what my name means (Prince), didnt wanna use Royal so I kept thinking of synonyms/similar words and I landed on Eternal somehow lol.

I wanted to change my nickname for the longest time coz I got tired of people assuming I'm a pothead coz my tag had "Blaze" in it, plus it's just hardcore nerdy and I'm too old for that lol, then I had a dream where I won KoF at EVO, and after I won I heard on the mic "Your EVO KoF champion, Amiracle".
When i woke up I decided it's destiny that I should use that name, however when i looked it up turns out there's a rapper with that name already but I still wanted to use that nickname so I kept thinking of ways to vary it/make it unique.
In the end decided to make it a wordplay handle, so its basically the phrase "Truly a miracle" as 1 word that has my name (Amir) in it.

I really enjoy singing. In fact, when I was a tyke, I enjoyed singing so much that I would constantly throw out my voice. And even then, I would still keep singing. That said, singing with a hoarse voice is a disgrace to the word "singing," because it's not; It's more or less just playing around with a wrecked voice.

Being the comical genius that I am, I unofficially dubbed it "hoarse play," because not unlike actual horseplay, it's loud, rough, violent, and doesn't last very long before it stops.

In addition, the word "hoarse" can be interpreted as a synonym for being weak, which I am. And "play" because all I do is play video games. I am a weak individual that plays video games.

Or maybe when I joined the Brony fandom, I decided that any dumb pun that I came up with would be an infinitely better name than "Blood Addict Katsu." Erugh...

It was back in high school when I joined a computer club a few of my new-found friends were members of. It basically amounted to playing games off of flash drives for a few hours but it was great. One game was Unreal Tournament 2004 which was my introduction to fast paced PC first person shooter games (I think the only other one I had played prior to that was Goldeneye for N64). Everyone else had gamertags they would use and I kept drawing a blank and eventually defaulted to using the name "The_End" after my favorite boss from Metal Gear Solid 3, and it fit my preferred role of team sniper/support gunner on the larger maps.

Fast forward to 2007 when I purchased Valve's Orange Box and got a steam account. I'm looking for a new name to use and drawing a blank again (I'm not really good at deciding on stuff like that). Around that time I had also started reading the webcomic Megatokyo and this page was one of the funniest exchanges I had seen. The context is a deranged executive hitman from Sony named Ed, who is wearing a paper bag over his head to cover up some recent disfiguring scars getting Gamera's drunk brother thrown at him by a renegade android said hitman was sent to "reclaim". Something about a simple smiley face staring down the sight of a high powered rail gun was just too surreal. It was then that I stopped using the name "The_End" and donned my new persona the PaperBag_Sniper.

No, it's not based off of the Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor.
In all seriousness, I'm actually curious as to why you have o3o in your name.

My junior year of football I got the nickname The Jet, because I got my first touchdown on a play called "Jet". I used that name for a while on tf2, then decided to change it last year. For some reason, the word dingle had been stuck in my vocabulary for the last few months, and Dinglejet became a thing. "Branden, that's the dumbest name I've ever heard of" my tasteless brother threw at my superior name. "no" I hastily replied.

The name I really enjoy the story of was an old one I used that went by ighter2. I was trying to sign up for runescape because that's what the cool kids were doing, and couldn't think of a name. "You should name yourself fighter" my brother suggested. "That's a really stupid name" I thought, so when he left, I put it in. When it worked, I was estatic, until I realized that I missed the f and was unable to change my name. Thus ighter was born, until little dingle forgot his password and made the grown up decision to make a new account after a week of trying to log into the old one. And thus the sub-par legacy of ighter2 began into mediocrity.

Took name, added "zy" to make it cool.

I am the 1220th reincarnation of jam
But since jam's second incarnation was his first reincarnation, wouldn't that make you his 1220th incarnation and therefore 1219th reincarnation?

Reactions: CrackedMarbles
I can't remember if I posted this already, but i gotta pat myself on the back for this thread loll....I think this is the most I've been entertained in a while...sad technically though....lol

Last edited:
Tanarus is the name of a really old online tank game. I've never actually played the game; I just thought the name sounded really cool.

Athena Asamiya is one of the characters in King of Fighters who stuck in my head because Athena is a cute character and I was a 14 year old boy. (Heck, King of Fighters really stuck with me; my avatar is an original character who dresses up like Iori Yagami.)

Despite the name being sixteen years old, it's, uhh, kinda stuck with me. A little too much.

17474_385432175343_5605269_n.jpg

But since jam's second incarnation was his first reincarnation, wouldn't that make you his 1220th incarnation and therefore 1219th reincarnation?

no

Reactions: CrackedMarbles
Hold on gimme a couple minutes to try and remember all my aliases.

Okay. Gonna try and go in order here. Might mess up.

The first one- The White Acolyte. Back when I was a lil' poopy babby, my older brother introduced me to the world of Ragnarok Online. I made an acolyte with white hair. My character name was not "The White Acolyte," but I'd gotten a reputation for never advancing to priest, and people just sorta started calling me that.

2/?- Plusie- Mistyped Plusle, never really used publicly.

3/?- Princess Fever- I don't even know okay i like the ring to it though.

4/?- Jesus- High school nickname. Not too sure why they called me it other than appearance. That could have been it.

5/?- CrackedMarbles- Don't remember exactly. It used to be "Marbles on the Glass," which I first heard from... Who was it... The National? That song "Exile, Vilify."

6/6- For All Eternity ❤- My old guild name in World of Warcraft from when I was about 12. The guild leader and company were those that I met in my RO years (Not the same ones as the 'The White Acolyte' years). The guild leader was one of the admins on the server, and some mutual friends. I met them on when I was about 12 or so, maybe younger on Apocalypse-RO. Anyways, it was the guild's name and around the end of WotLK, we all just sorta... Faded away, I guess. One day I went back to my old character, and saw the guild name was no longer under my character's name. I checked the armory and the guild name was still listed there, with my character "in" it. So I went to the armory and saw a level 46 hunter as the new gm with no one else in it (I think the name was Tabbatha or something), but I could never get into contact with them. I added the heart because I like hearts.

I just nostalgia-tripped so hard. I miss my guildies.

ps oh and alien kao idk i giv up m8

Hold on gimme a couple minutes to try and remember all my aliases.

/snip
Since some people are talking about multiple names I guess I'll give some more of mine I've used in games like guild wars & such

1. Glen Cocoe: I saw meangirls back when bootlegs (essentially torrents in real life) were popular...and my cousin and I saw it on a bootleg of course. I remember seeing the trailer and commercials and it looked like such a damn girly movie...but honestly we hadn't enjoyed a movie so much ever. If you don't know the correlation between Mean Girls & Glen Cocoe...you need counseling.

2. The Law: Yeah...I managed to spam login on the release of guild wars and get my name "The Law" as in....you just got killed by...THE LAW.

3....I can't remember i might come back

People having multiple aliases. Huh. I was using Muro ever since I had internet (which would be something over 8 years ago). In fact, for a few years before that too.

I'm not one of the cool kids.

Name backwards and year of birth
You're probably the oldest person in the world.

Reactions: jam1220
Well, there's probably a "jam" and a "jam1," jam1 being the first reincarnation, only gaining numbers after the first jam.

or something.

I can see the logic in that.

I'm content to have learned something about the history of jams today.

I can see the logic in that.

I'm content to have learned something about the history of jams today.
I didn't feel well enough informed, so I did some research and found some additional information on the previous 1,219:
Link