• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Whenever I actually land a hit on a good(spammy if its Peacock)player I get nervous and drop combos

SaltedIce

Squig Band Fuk Yeah!!
Reaction score
Steam
Voodin
XBL
JammedIPawned U
Big Band Squigly Fukua
On top of a pad controller held together by an old green shoelace, actually avoiding those big combos that never end makes me very VERY nervous. How can I overcome this?

Overcome nervousness? just get the muscle memory

The key to beating good Peacock players is to admit to yourself that they aren't "spamming". Only then will you analyse their options and find the correct counters. Easy way to avoid dropping combos is to do short ones into knock-down or reset.

The key to beating good Peacock players is to admit to yourself that they aren't "spamming". Only then will you analyse their options and find the correct counters. Easy way to avoid dropping combos is to do short ones into knock-down or reset.
Whatever, 6 projectiles on one screen is too much for ANY fighting games, projectiles shouldnt combo into eachother

Reactions: Rynozilla
@SaltedIce

First off, don't try any big combos learn small ones, where i started off as parasoul literally my combos

jump in hard punch, light kick, light kick, medium kick, medium kick, hard kick, sniper

just start off with what ever you're comfortable with and move on from that point as long as you have a good understand of footsies and how your character works you should be fine without huge combos

ps: if you need help with match ups and how to deal with things don't be afraid to ask

Reactions: SaltedIce
That title
I laughed heartily

What if someone you recognize as a good player switches characters and then picks Peacock?
Is he good despite being spammy? Does his skill level deteriorate from selecting the character?
nah it just means he gon taunt the fuck out of you if he wins.

Whatever, 6 projectiles on one screen is too much for ANY fighting games, projectiles shouldnt combo into eachother
That attitude won't get you anywhere in any game.
V-13, Arakune, Storm, Cable, Blackheart, Gold War Machine, Strider, and Spiral would like a word with you....

V-13, Arakune, Storm, Cable, Blackheart, Gold War Machine, Strider, and Spiral would like a word with you....

Morridoom.

I dont agree with their methods either, except Arakune, at least you have to get cursed first

Why don't you try playing Peacock too until you understand her weaknesses.
I think this was suggested in the last thread involving this person, and the response was something about not being willing to stoop to dishonorable tactics or some nonsense like that.

ok being serious here. play the character. don't use IN BATTLE but play her in training mode and understand what can be done and what cannot be done. plus learn 2 be patient with fighting that character. its annoying sure but......wait wait you main BIG BAND?!

ummmm no mayne you should be able to plow through peacock EZ

Not a fan of Zoners in general, don't play anything that even resembles an Air Dasher. Saying a zoning character has too many projectiles on the screen or that they should not be able to combo through projecting is like saying rushdown characters attack too fast or that grapple characters do too much damage off throws or that puppet characters should not have sandwich combos. You remove the zoning aspect of these characters and they cease to be Zoners.

Can she actually have six out at once?

Also, echoing "git gud" and "try to learn Peacock", and adding that Peacock has a really weak defensive game when you get in. As soon as you understand the patterns she can make and what your characters can do about it (you have Big Band and Sing assist, you'll figure something out), you'll realize she's not so scary when you get in.

Can she actually have six out at once?

Also, echoing "git gud" and "try to learn Peacock", and adding that Peacock has a really weak defensive game when you get in. As soon as you understand the patterns she can make and what your characters can do about it (you have Big Band and Sing assist, you'll figure something out), you'll realize she's not so scary when you get in.
overall WHATEVER YOU DO and WHOEVER YOU PLAY
PLEASE do not let peacock reach fullscreen......it sucks from there on out

overall WHATEVER YOU DO and WHOEVER YOU PLAY
PLEASE do not let peacock reach fullscreen......it sucks from there on out
I think with his team you can sing assist and Brass Knuckles full screen as you see Peacock do something.

I think with his team you can sing assist and Brass Knuckles full screen as you see Peacock do something.
he would have to be REALLY careful otherwise he'll get bopped by cock. i'd rather would run big band first
so sing assist into brass would protect the assist AND hit shitcock

Peacock has a really weak defensive game when you get in. As soon as you understand the patterns she can make and what your characters can do about it. you'll realize she's not so scary when you get in.

When I get in I get send flying back full screen cause of her DP. I sometimes try baiting it but she seems to recover too fast to punish. Being close to her isn't any better cause then she calls dp assist into teleport into full combo. Same if I'm being too patient. What do?

When I get in I get send flying back full screen cause of her DP. I sometimes try baiting it but she seems to recover too fast to punish. Being close to her isn't any better cause then she calls dp assist into teleport into full combo. Same if I'm being too patient. What do?
throw her.

@SaltedIce

Ok, I know that you probably don't care and probably don't have the drive to improve.

But if there is any chance that you do, http://shoryuken.com/2003/07/21/domination-101-on-cheapness/

If you want legitimate advice people are willing to help, it just sounds like you are inexperienced right now, if you drop your attitude and keep going, you will improve.
i wonder why i didn't main peacock......I WANNA BE CHEAP!

When I get in I get send flying back full screen cause of her DP. I sometimes try baiting it but she seems to recover too fast to punish.

Try pre-emptively predicting and beating it, if you're finding it too difficult to whiff punish on reaction. It will be easiest with Filia, since you can Airdash ontop of her and do crossups with IAD j.HK to make her qcf MP whiff completely on your offense. Also, her qcf MP is not throw invul so if she's doing it on wakeup or something you can throw her.

Being close to her isn't any better cause then she calls dp assist into teleport into full combo.

Is this a fact? Every single time that you are close to Peacock+DP assist, then you get hit and then they convert into a combo? Is this a guaranteed situation that happens 100% of the time that you are close to Peacock?

There are ways around this, try to think of each individual part of the problem and ways you might be able to play around them.

Reactions: Guymelef
run big band first so sing assist into brass would protect the assist AND hit shitcock
That's exactly what I was saying.
To deal with MP bang isn't so tough. You should be able to bait it by jumping and coming down with a normal. When you got her in a combo, go for a air resets and crossups. You can also grab her through it, so if you're consistently getting MP Bang'd you are being way too predictable and should maybe try mixing it up with throws. On block I don't think there's much you can do, but you are still in her face and she can't really throw any projectiles at you. Wait for the right moment and hit her.

As for assists, if she is calling DP assists and then teleporting, bait the assist. If you back off as she calls assist, she'll either teleport or not teleport. If she does, you can punish her for free. If she doesn't, that means you are on top of her and she's in a shitty position, especially if you hit the assist with a light to lock it out. If Peacock Supers to punish you for tagging the assist, all of your characters can counter super. BFF/SBO(Maybe even Daisy)/Soldier>Sniper Shot. Also, the more a Peacock gets cornered and immediately goes for an assist, the greater chance of her getting happy birthday'd and then double snapped (unless she's super unfortunate and loses both characters).

Reactions: Guymelef
That's exactly what I was saying.

To deal with MP bang isn't so tough. You should be able to bait it by jumping and coming down with a normal. When you got her in a combo, go for a air resets and crossups. You can also grab her through it, so if you're consistently getting MP Bang'd you are being way too predictable and should maybe try mixing it up with throws. On block I don't think there's much you can do, but you are still in her face and she can't really throw any projectiles at you. Wait for the right moment and hit her.

As for assists, if she is calling DP assists and then teleporting, bait the assist. If you back off as she calls assist, she'll either teleport or not teleport. If she does, you can punish her for free. If she doesn't, that means you are on top of her and she's in a shitty position, especially if you hit the assist with a light to lock it out. If Peacock Supers to punish you for tagging the assist, all of your characters can counter super. BFF/SBO(Maybe even Daisy)/Soldier>Sniper Shot. Also, the more a Peacock gets cornered and immediately goes for an assist, the greater chance of her getting happy birthday'd and then double snapped (unless she's super unfortunate and loses both characters).
say that to skarmand

1.) if you get nervous, obviously you don't play people enough. The more you play the more calm you become because you're learning to deal
2.)peacock can't have 6 projectiles on the screen at once
3.)this thread is off topic

i wonder why i didn't main peacock......I WANNA BE CHEAP!
It really is the best, yeah.

tele-dp
Hmm. Well, I usually like to chill just outside of DP assist range anyway against her, close enough for a Titan Knuckle and far enough away where she can't actually do anything but hope I mess up and she can teleport. Maybe if you get closer it's harder to do. But, I mean, yeah, if you block the DP she probably gets a free teleport (unless there's still that blockstun reduction? Is that still in?).

1.) if you get nervous, obviously you don't play people enough. The more you play the more calm you become because you're learning to deal
You can't just assume that, some people have some serious anxiety issues

Reactions: Zidiane and Φ
2.)peacock can't have 6 projectiles on the screen at once
Well, she used to be able to have six. But she can still have four. Two bombs, a bomb from a teleport, and Shadow of Impending Doom. Plus an assist that throws out a projectile.

You can't just assume that, some people have some serious anxiety issues
Yeah, like me. I have anxiety, so much that tremors run through my chest like mini earthquakes and my whole body heats up (though it sometimes gets really cold). My anxiety comes from sounds and people, so you can imagine how hard being at tournaments is :/. Having this happen during a match is really hard to deal with.

I mean, I deal with it by realizing I'm the best, though. There's only one "the best", and that's me, so I don't know what other people do. :p (seriously though, shit gets rough sometimes)

@Icky
he made this thread so i figured that wasn't the case. I had his problem a long time ago. just letting him know how i over came it
@Rynozilla
s.hp> mk bomb (by now the s.hp is gone)> hk bomb> call assist (both bombs are gone now)> item drop> fake teleport.
item drop (hold)> s.hp> lk bomb (s.hp is gone)> hk bomb (drop item)> call assist (hk bomb is gone)> hp bang (by the time the first hits lk bomb should be gone)
not 4 at once. plus i only use fake teleport for zoning when i'm trolling its not great otherwise. Besides he has big band. during any of that if i don't block i get hit by brass.