• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the robo hype?

Loyf

Reaction score
Steam
Loyf
Fukua Cerebella Robo Fortune
Robit is my most looked forward to character but I get the feeling that the community in general feels really meh about her. Anyone know why that is? I'm just disturbed at how low the hype levels are.

She isn't super strong, gameplay wise. People aren't super interested in putting a lot of effort into character that they might not be able to play in tournaments that are going on around now. The same thing has more or less happened for every other DLC character. Squigly is kind of only recently becoming regarded as strong, and eliza has been seeing more tournament presence since around the time beo came to retail. Even beo is still picking up in use.

Also there isn't a ton of lore to work with since her story mode isn't out and she isn't one of the few pre-established characters.

More or less, she's cool but there isn't a lot to get hype about.

Another nice way to put that, IMO, is that, she IS strong.. if you know what you're doing, and, well, nobody does. It's gonna take time.
(Squigly did too.)

I suppose the fact that she's also not a completely new character lore-wise is a bit disappointing.
It's not like Beowulf or Eliza where they are completely new characters everyone would want to speculate about, it's just Ms. Fortune as a robot.

I don't mind, of course, because most other fighting games would just make her a clone, yet she is a completely new character gameplay-wise.

Robit is my most looked forward to character but I get the feeling that the community in general feels really meh about her. Anyone know why that is? I'm just disturbed at how low the hype levels are.
She's goin up after Beowulf, the character that's hype incarnate.
Imagine being the dude that goes up after Dr. King's speech.
You can't measure up to that shit lmao.

And also what everyone else already said too.

PLUGIN Hype.DLL SUCCESSFULLY LOADED
ERROR: FAN DIRECTORY NOT FOUND. ADDITIONAL THERMAL TRANSFERENCE RESOURCES REQUIRED, ROBIT KEEPS BRINGING THE HEAT. EXCESSIVE EXHAUST FROM HAIRY WOLF MAN PARTY SUSPECTED. CLOGGING OF THERMAL VENT CONFIRMS.

ATTEMPTING TO ALLOCATE EXISTING CROWD MODULES. "Compatible_Fandom_Overlap.dat" NOT FOUND: "Waifus and wrestlers have their own fun; I am not sure if you noticed, but she is a robot." EXPECTING REUSE OF "Big_Band.ini"

CONFLICT DETECTED: "2nd_Encore.exe" OVERRIDES ROBIT EXCITEMENT MODULE. Please update your system information and reboot...