• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Why does Windows 10 drop FPS in Skullgirls?

Wing Slasher

First male to cosplay as Painwheel?
Recent I nuked my laptop due some issues, and re installed Windows 10 as I had previously. Before I did Skullgirls on Windows 8/8.1 was running very smoothly with everything on it. Main Menu, Lobbies and fights ran at a constant rate of 50-60 FPS. However after upgrading once again Skullgirls massively dropped its FPS this time 15-25 FPS, 7-15 FPS when in Lobbies and 30-35 FPS when fighting. Not sure what is going on but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Is there something that Windows 10 makes it lose its FPS?

I wasn't sure where to put this so I guess I'll put this thread here. If it needs to be moved then so be it.

Make sure you actually have graphics card drivers that's letting it use the 3d capabilities? That happened to me when I downgraded from 8 to 7.

There wasn't much changes to my graphics card. I'm not entirely familiar with them as much. Though they should be allowing it regardless. If not I may require assistance.

EDIT: Attempted to update my Graphic Card Drivers to see if that will help, unfortunately it did not. Still looking around.

Last edited:
Back