• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

xbox 360 controller issues

Vincent

NastyVince
Reaction score
Steam
thepandaboii
Squigly Peacock Valentine
My left and right trigger (LT and RT) doesn't work in this game for some unknown reason. I've tried reinstalled the driver, deleted the buttonsettings.bin, reinstalled the game, restarted the computer and non of it worked. The controller is also messed, having to use start and back buttons to perform moves. Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

Yes, and it is playable, but triggers still don't work, which is kinda annoying.

Currently having the same problem, only difference is. The buttons Mid Kick and High Punch do not work.

Tried the above and sadly enough, nothing works =[

During screen menu actions, like transitioning back to previous screens (since the default controller layout for Mid kick is the "B" button) everything works fine. But the moment I enter a fight, my Mid Kick and High punch do not work. I say Mid kick and High punch because I have attempted to rebind those specific actions onto other buttons with no success.

Would greatly appreciate some feedback and help!

P.S. Tried to use the keyboard and the problem still persisted.

Thank you!

P.P.S. Just bought this game during the Steam Black Friday Sale, and from what I have experienced so far, it's a very fun fighter.

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the controller? Or maybe you might want to go to choose controllers I dunno why but sometimes the game likes to choose my keyboard sometimes.

Thanks for the reply!

I just tried to unplug the controller in-game and have also attempted to quit the game, and do the following.

No cigar ='[

Well, the thing is, even if it is choosing either my controller or keyboard, shouldn't ALL the buttons work? regardless of what output I am currently using? Because I can do all the other kicks as well as punches, except for those specific buttons I have specified above. Movement is fine as well. It's just specifically when I'm in the match that those two commands don't work.

Again, I thank you for the help! Greatly appreciate it!

Do you by any chance have windows 8?

No sir-ee, currently still using Windows 7.

Thanks for helping out!

odd.mine work just fine,my 360,ps3 and wiimote.did you install the drivers from microsoft's website?

also make sure these services are on:
portable device enumerator
windows firewall(this can be turned off from control panel just dont disable that)
windows update
windows driver foundation
device install service

if that didnt work(had the same issue when i was new)
go to device manager, right click unknown device, choose update and dont choose automatic and look for the file you downloaded from micro's website.

or use motionjoy/dualshock combination.
or use usb fightstick.

the controller could be messed up as well,my black dualshock suffered from dead triggers.

Thanks for the Reply!

FINALLY! Thanks everyone for helping out. Baiko, I tried making sure the services were on, and now those two buttons are working! I don't know what the whole technical problems were but it's working now!

Thanks again! Time to play some Skullgirls =D