• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 3/13 Salty - A New Stage Arrives at Station!

Luchawulf is definately better than Farmer Beowulf, I will contest that, but honestly, Horror Squigly sounds promising. Just her and Leviathon spouting movie monster cliches from old campy movies.

Wouldn't that be current Squigly + Samson? Might as well just have a parasite swag voice pack for Filia and Squigly...that's not too bad an idea.....

How about Stuck Up Brit Squigly?

If Beowulf gets another set of voices, I would definitely like to have a Viking Beowulf voice pack where he speaks in a Scandinavian accent and occasionally speaks in Old English.

How about Stuck Up Brit Squigly?

If Beowulf gets another set of voices, I would definitely like to have a Viking Beowulf voice pack where he speaks in a Scandinavian accent and occasionally speaks in Old English.
Also a better idea than mine.
Of course we're forgetting Papawulf...

Reactions: Kai and Kuzlalala
Of course we're forgetting Papawulf...
Would be better if he actually has children though. Or at least some one to fill the child role for him.

Everyone is child to Papawulf! I can just imagine all the ridiculousness, given esspecially how much love n' hugs his playstyle gives :3

Now I'm curious how the new Female Announcer will sound. As long as she keeps "MOM, I'M PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!" I'll be happy!

I think the voice packs we're currently getting will be more than enough for now. If any funding is miraculously found for more voice recording, I'd rather see it go towards story mode related stuff.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
I think the voice packs we're currently getting will be more than enough for now. If any funding is miraculously found for more voice recording, I'd rather see it go towards story mode related stuff.
Oh it's definately enough as it is. I just find it funny to consider what other absolutely ridiculous and yet fitting voice packs could work.

Part of me is imaging Valentine talking like Bang Shishagami from Blazblue right now, and it makes my sides her, for example. I can't wait to even hear some of these dang things in action!

Each has a whole playable clone character what else do you want man
ALL the Filia clones from Fukua's trailer, duh!

Also, the stage. It's competing really really hard for my favorite stage of all time: Axl's Xrd Stage...which was also a train stage.

Wouldn't that be current Squigly + Samson? Might as well just have a parasite swag voice pack for Filia and Squigly...that's not too bad an idea.....

What about a parasite switch voice pack.
You wouldn't even have to record any new lines.

"Let's go Samson!" "Tally ho."
"It's good to be out." "Damn straight!"

Define Lovey-Dovey Valentine.
She's already too provocative, now what?
I meant like, actual lovey dovey. She's a valentine's love freak. It was a bad idea.

Now I'm curious how the new Female Announcer will sound. As long as she keeps "MOM, I'M PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!" I'll be happy!
It just sounded like Cerebella was doing the announcing before, so perhaps Christina might be putting on a different-sounding voice for that role.

It is a real piece of music, with a licensing fee, so that is never ever going to happen.
And you can bet I am posting this everywhere someone says that.
Oh derp... that's very true.

It really is..I don't care fore many of those ideas but Filia and Fortune not having anything is a bummer for sure at the very least.

...Let's not forget that Robo-Fortune started out as a voice pack.

Then it was upgraded to a remix character.

And then we then spent a lot of money making her much more than a Fukua-style remix character, completely redrawing her, giving her all new moves, etc.

as for "future things", on steam there's that DLC tab that was recently made much more visible by valve and SG still has that entry for an eventual "High-res Sprite Pack"

Wasn't that being replaced by something else or is that still going to be a thing?

Last edited:
Another interesting tidbit about Soviet pack: Beo is Comrade Volk. Volk is obviously Russian for Wolf. There was this pretty popular statement in Soviet times you used when someone called you "tovarishch" (which means comrade) and you wouldn't like to be associated with that person and accept comradery with him/her, you would answer that with "Tambovskiy volk tebe tovarishch", which literally means "Wolf from Tambov is your comrade". Tambov being name of Russian city. I'm not sure why they used precisely that city in that saying, probably some old geopolitical connotations and stereotypes.
Anyway, I'm not sure if Mike and the crew were aware of those things, but it's still very interesting nonetheless.
Also huge props for "Chelovek-Orkestr" for BB. That means One-man-band and Mike really nailed pronunciation on this one!

Edited: if someone is curious about other stuff he's saying and there is dedicated thread about it, hook me up and I'll try to help you understand those lines.

Last edited:
"The other one" Is best character.

Apparently, 00100.00101.00001.10100.01000 means death.

why mike
Now I feel better when I drew this >w>
fanart__rf_00_by_viroveteruscy-d84ra6d.jpg

Edited: if someone is curious about other stuff he's saying and there is dedicated thread about it, hook me up and I'll try to help you understand those lines.

It definitely wouldn't hurt for there to be a voicepack thread, I might make one soon if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Also, I am enjoying Soviet Announcer a little too much.

...Let's not forget that Robo-Fortune started out as a voice pack.

Then it was upgraded to a remix character.

And then we then spent a lot of money making her much more than a Fukua-style remix character, completely redrawing her, giving her all new moves, etc.

I realize this and am quite thankful for said character...all I'm getting at is that my ocd is bothered by the entire og cast not having packs that's all.

It's not exactly a big deal.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the soviet voice pack sample we heard so far! But it's only after some research that i found out that it was originally from the blazblue extra, an extra that i listenened back then. I totally forgot that it was Mike Z...i am a bad person i guess.

As for the other voice pack, well there's already alot that is announced, do we really need more after that?

Need is a strong word..not really belonging in the discussions of videogames. I need food and water but videogames? nah.

I personally would like more yes...but fully realize that is just not going to happen because: time, effort, money, and indygogo obligations. It is nice to dream tho.

Last edited:
Bum Filia was always a thing. You can see her in the Medici Tower stage.
(thanks to @TechPowah for posting it in the stream chat last night)

Does Bum Filia show up when someone is playing with Filia?

Does Bum Filia show up when someone is playing with Filia?

Nope. Back when they added Big Band, they implemented tech that allows playable characters to appear in stage backgrounds but be absent when someone is playing as that character. As such, Big Band disappears from Lab 8, Parasoul disappears from Glass Canopy, Filia disappears from Medici Tower/Train, etc.

Reactions: Wenzel