• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 3/13 Salty - A New Stage Arrives at Station!

But the real question is
tumblr_nl9op2V3Wi1qm8qxmo2_250.png

does second Filia also disappear when Filia's playing?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Fukua's Akuma color clone rides on trains then huh?

The train stage looks amazing so far! I didn't expect this kind of stage to appear. It is a shame that Skullgirls is coming to a close soon. Skullgirls will probably always be my all time favorite fighting game. Thank you Lab Zero for the hard work you guys put into this game!

It is a shame that Skullgirls is coming to a close soon.

Nothing on you, PsychoCombo, but why is everyone talking about this like the game's ending? Is it being taken down from Steam? Are they taking the game away from you? No, they're just finishing development. I was under the impression that a game's lifecycle begins when the game is finished, not the other way around.

Are these final developments telling you "the game is over, it was a fun time everybody"? No, you're telling you "the game is finally complete, go play it until the end of time!"

Nothing on you, PsychoCombo, but why is everyone talking about this like the game's ending? Is it being taken down from Steam? Are they taking the game away from you? No, they're just finishing development. I was under the impression that a game's lifecycle begins when the game is finished, not the other way around.

Are these final developments telling you "the game is over, it was a fun time everybody"? No, you're telling you "the game is finally complete, go play it until the end of time!"

Well I mean the game won't die for quite a while as long as people still play it..in terms of updates there will probably be less to lust over, which I suppose has become half the fun for better or worse.

But that gets into the whole "are we in this to watch the game be developed or to play the game itself?" thingy which never seems to end well for anybody.

But the real question is
tumblr_nl9op2V3Wi1qm8qxmo2_250.png

does second Filia also disappear when Filia's playing?
What if it is...
Delilah
You never know. I know that it's not

Also, it can be Double or Fukua and she disappears when they are in battle.

This is one short, circular train track if all it does is go through a city and part of the countryside.

I wonder if someones gonna take a screenshot of the entire stages length and make it into one insanely long picture you can link at either end to make it never ending.

New NMO Arena Theme - they added a guitar solo!
Hide Spoiler
Anyone else think Beowulf's crouching and rising animations are ridiculously well animated?

Cool tune! The guitar makes it sounds even more like an upgraded version of a Megaman X stage!

As for Beowulf animation, well yeah but the same can be said for all the animation of the game as a whole! Those video where they decorticate each frame one per one are more interesting to look at than it normally should!

I just came from staying off of Skullgirls updates, got slayed hard by STEVENBOMB the other day and I come back to this.

tumblr_inline_nahl8hfp6q1qi0m8v.gif

That train stage is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!

Widespan cityscape view, CHECK. Cool implementation of 3d effects, CHECK. HYPE TRAIN EASTER EGG, check Check CHECK!!!

Reactions: Wenzel and Mr. X
One session with the soviet announcer later...After second at the third round definitely make me laugh the most!

I thought you misunderstood me at first but it seemed like I didn't choose my words wisely. These final developments are NOT telling me "the game is over, it was a fun time everybody." I will keep playing this game since I don't find other fighting games that appealing. As far as I know this game is growing and I am sure more people will come when development finally finishes (some people are picky about "unfinished games"). When I said "It is a shame that Skullgirls is coming to a close soon," I did NOT mean the game is dying. I was thinking about how we won't get any extra updates in the future (at least for a while). BUT I understand why you took it the way you did.

Like I said, it was nothing on you personally. I'm just calling out the fact that more than a few people kind of have that attitude, especially since some people suspect that Skullgirls will not live long after its development finishes. I choose to believe that the Skullgirls scene is always growing and could reach new levels at any moment, especially with its recent support from places like Combo Breaker and the Big E tournaments.

If anything the scene might grow when development stops because people wont have the "it changes too much I dont want to learn it now" excuse anymore.

Man, this stage is cool. I just thought of something though, since they're walking on coal, I'd be an amazing touch if the jumping/landing dust was pallete-ed black just for this stage, not sure if the tech is there, but it's doable.

This new stage is simply amazing. It captures everything one would love about metropolitan North America. Predominantly, New York took a big slice of the pie but I was reminded of other cities such as Kansas City, Chicago,and good ol' Los Angeles in a few of the building structures I could see. Either that or I'm extremely delusional (I'll bet money on that, actually). Nonetheless, this is amazing, just like the rest of the game.

I think I'm the only imbecile that thought this music would go along with the stage though.

Reactions: Kiyobi
I wonder if there will be an alternate version of the train stage.

This is contemporary bebop?! What am I doing listening to Davis/Coltrane over and over again? Sign me up for that!

as for "future things", on steam there's that DLC tab that was recently made much more visible by valve and SG still has that entry for an eventual "High-res Sprite Pack"
Wasn't that being replaced by something else or is that still going to be a thing?
Replaced by Robo. We do gotta rename it though...

With a diddley bow?

Or are we thinking actually Hobo Low?

Reactions: Kai

The collective sentiment stems from the fact that the original intention of skullgirls was never realized.

Skullgirls was advertised as a fighting game with a league of legends like payment model. The game is relatively cheap but thats only because we were suppose to be getting more chracters which we could choose to pay for. With the indiegogo we raised money with not only the promise of squiggly,BB,Robo and two voted in chracters. But also with the hope that with enough support we might get our beloved lab zero back on track to continue making content. Cause in truth we don't just want the chracters have, we want all of them. (or at least enough for a cannon story)

As a community we've been through a lot. When mike thought we would not even make enough to fund squiggly we funded 6 chracters. So to many of us the Idea that the ride is coming to an end is a somber one.
To some skullgirls won't be done until we get everyone on that list. But it's not that we're ungrateful, we're just sad to see that the game did not get to shine as brightly as we all knew it could.

Last edited:
pls use schmeebop ;O;

Frankly i think you're giving up too quickly, Lab zero clearly have long term plans for the franchise, it just won't happens right now, so let's be patient and appreciate what we have right now! Already the 'Encore' update upgraded the Vanilla version to a really high degree with plenty of content and fixing all the initial concern after all!

But yeah me too would like to see the full picture realized one day(That indiegogo character list is the biggest tease ever!), if only because if Lab Zero don't do it, no one else will do something similar or equivalent!

Can we just use the disco song for the train stage and be done with it?

I'm only half joking. It actually kind of works in a weird, weird way.

If it ain't as weird as the MvC2 stage themes matching their stages, it's not that weird.

Reactions: erkicman

I really hope the Disco song makes it in somehow. Its so catchy!

That disco song is actually pretty sweet, but I'd rather it be on an actual disco stage because come on; Disco ball lighting to show off the engine.