• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

A Somewhat Teambuilder Thread! [WIP]

FXFGamer

Reaction score
Steam
Axixe
PSN
Hectarius
Eliza Cerebella Ms. Fortune
Hi there guys! In this thread I'll be discussing about each character official released to say who it can do well or bad!

REMEMBER: So far, just because this thread is new, this is based on my opinion... If you think I should also evaluate/add a new gameplay point just say it down there. This will be based on mine and the communities opinion so get ready! Don't go full mad with me I'm relatively new at this!

What are the Gameplay Points?

Gameplay points are the things that, so far, the different characters can do, this goes for what they do best, like: Zoning, Poking, Long-ranged Poke (Projectiles) and a plenty of other things!

So far the points being evaluated are:

Mobility
Poke
Long-range Poke
Grabs
Chaining
Difficulty
Explanation of the Gameplay Points.
As said before, there are different Gameplay Points, each one is a high side for a character. Gameplay Points are evaluated from level 1 to 5 being 1 for the lowest and 5 for the highest! Chaining and Resistance are here just to mention high points for Big Band, Painwheel and Squigly

Mobility - The ways that the characters can move throughout the screen, either from jumping or dashing or even using a skill (Feat. Valentine :3).

Poke - The ways that the characters can poke/hit the enemies with safe attacks.

Long-range Poke - Safe attacks that don't need to be used near the enemy to have effect, keeping the character on a safe position.

Resistance - Armored attacks that can still hit if the armor stacks aren't consumed

Grabs - A skill that every character has to throw the opponent out of their ways, some of these can be special skills, however can be cancelled by the enemy

Chaining - How easy a character can start or keep a combo going on.

Difficulty - How hard this character is to master for veterans/pros
Character's Gameplay Points!
Fillia:

Mobility - 4
Poke - 3
Long-range Poke - 1
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 5
Difficulty - Easy
Fillia does well against characters that are good at Long-range Poke because she can easy close in with dashes and airballs

Fillia does bad against characters that are good at Grabs unless you, the player, are really god at cancelling those

Peacock:

Mobility - 5
Poke - 4
Long-range Poke - 5
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - Easy
Peacock does well against characters that are bad at Chaining and good at Grabs because bad chains wont do much damage and peacock can punish them with some ease, and Grabs because you can cancel and punish the enemy.

Peacock does bad against characters that are good at Mobility and Resistance because Mobility can easily get next to her or even punish her same goes for Resistance.

Cerebella:

Mobility - 3,5
Poke - 2
Long-range Poke - 1
Resistance - 4
Grabs - 5
Chaining - 2
Difficulty - Between easy and medium
Cerebella does well against most mobile characters because she can defend and grab punish them.

Cerebella does bad against Long-range Poke characters because they can outpoke her and keep her outside her comfort zone.

Painwheel:
Mobility - 3/4
Poke - 3
Long-range Poke - 3
Resistance - 4
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - Between easy and medium
Painwheel does well against Long-range Poke character because she can close in on air and punish them her chaining also can help her killing them.

Painwheel does bad against Characters that are good on Chaining and Grabs because grabs can lead in to some good damaing combos and chaining can lead her to death if they start a combo.
Miss Fortune:
Mobility - 4
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 4
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - Medium
Miss Fortune does well against Long-range Poke characters because she can defend their attacks on air and punish them with her head on the ground

Miss Fortune does bad against characters that are good at chaining because it can lead into some serious damage if they hit both, her head and her at the same (Will deal 150% Damage instead of 100%)

Fukua:
Mobility - 4
Poke - 2
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 3
Grabs - 4
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - Medium
Fukua does well against Long-range Poke characters because she can close in with ease and, even though her chaining isn't the best, she can have good resets with a second character on her team.

Fukua does bad against Resistance Characters because they can cancel her combos and punish her while she's performing them.
Big Band:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 2
Resistance - 5
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - Medium
Big Band does well against Long-range Poke characters because of his Resistance and specials that can push the enemy towards him (Giant Brass)

Big Band does bad against Long-range Poke characters, Chaining characters and Mobility characters because they can easily combo out of him and kill him.
Double:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 3
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - Medium
WIP

Valentine:
Mobility - 5
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - Hard
WIP

Squigly:
Mobility - 1
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 5
Difficulty - Extremely hard​
WIP

Parasoul:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 5
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Dificulty - Extremely hard
WIP
THERE IS GONNA BE MORE CONTENT ON TEAM BUILDING (MAKING EQUILIBRATED TEAMS THAT CAN PUNISH EVERY MOVE THE ENEMY MAKES OR START COMBOS WITH EASE, RESET THEM). THANK YOU FOR READING SO FAR!

Last edited:
Mobility 5 means best Mobility. Difficulty 1 means best Difficulty (easiest). That's kinda confusing. Or does it not mean that??
Resistance and Chaining don't seem to make sense at all. I mean "Defence Options" is a possible category, but limiting it to armor is really random. Chaining I don't even get, is this supposed to be Abare?
"Difficulty" is kinda ugh because it sorta has a place as a "Don't pick this character in your team if you're new"; on the other hand it shouldn't be part of the main things cus it doesn't really play a role in tier evaluation.

We already have a Team Building thread. And it's pretty straight-forward, so just use that.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST, IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD OR HELPFUL TO SAY DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL, HELP OUT INSTEAD OF BERATING OTHERS
Hi there guys! In this thread I'll be discussing about each character official released to say who it can do well or bad!

REMEMBER: So far, just because this thread is new, this is based on my opinion... If you think I should also evaluate/add a new gameplay point just say it down there. This will be based on mine and the communities opinion so get ready!

What are the Gameplay Points?

Gameplay points are the things that, so far, the different characters can do, this goes for what they do best, like: Zoning, Poking, Long-ranged Poke (Projectiles) and a plenty of other things!

So far the points being evaluated are:

Mobility
Poke
Long-range Poke
Grabs
Chaining
Difficulty
Explanation of the Gameplay Points.
As said before, there are different Gameplay Points, each one is a high side for a character. Gameplay Points are evaluated from level 1 to 5 being 1 for the lowest and 5 for the highest!

Mobility - The ways that the characters can move throughout the screen, either from jumping or dashing or even using a skill (Feat. Valentine :3).

Poke - The ways that the characters can poke/hit the enemies with safe attacks.

Long-range Poke - Safe attacks that don't need to be used near the enemy to have effect, keeping the character on a safe position.

Resistance - Armored attacks that can still hit if the armor stacks aren't consumed

Grabs - A skill that every character has to throw the opponent out of their ways, some of these can be special skills, however can be cancelled by the enemy

Chaining - How easy a character can start or keep a combo going on.

Difficulty - How hard this character is to learn for newbies and to master for veterans/pros
Character's Gameplay Points!
Fillia:

Mobility - 4
Poke - 3
Long-range Poke - 1
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 5
Difficulty - 1
Fillia does well against characters that are good at Long-range Poke because she can easy close in with dashes and airballs

Fillia does bad against characters that are good at Grabs unless you, the player, are really god at cancelling those

Peacock:

Mobility - 5
Poke - 4
Long-range Poke - 5
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - 1
Peacock does well against characters that are bad at Chaining and good at Grabs because bad chains wont do much damage and peacock can punish them with some ease, and Grabs because you can cancel and punish the enemy.

Peacock does bad against characters that are good at Mobility and Resistance because Mobility can easily get next to her or even punish her same goes for Resistance.

Cerebella:

Mobility - 3,5
Poke - 2
Long-range Poke - 1
Resistance - 4
Grabs - 5
Chaining - 2
Difficulty - 2
Cerebella does well against most mobile characters because she can defend and grab punish them.

Cerebella does bad against Long-range Poke characters because they can outpoke her and keep her outside her comfort zone.

Painwhell:
Mobility - 3/4
Poke - 3
Long-range Poke - 3
Resistance - 4
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - 2
Painwhell does well against Long-range Poke character because she can close in on air and punish them her chaining also can help her killing them.

Painwhell does bad against Characters that are good on Chaining and Grabs because grabs can lead in to some good damaing combos and chaining can lead her to death if they start a combo.
Miss Fortune:
Mobility - 4
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 4
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - 3
Miss Fortune does well against Long-range Poke characters because she can defend their attacks on air and punish them with her head on the ground

Miss Fortune does bad against characters that are good at chaining because it can lead into some serious damage if they hit both, her head and her at the same (Will deal 150% Damage instead of 100%)

Fukua:
Mobility - 4
Poke - 2
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 3
Grabs - 4
Chaining - 3
Difficulty - 3
Fukua does well against Long-range Poke characters because she can close in with ease and, even though her chaining isn't the best, she can have good resets with a second character on her team.

Fukua does bad against Resistance Characters because they can cancel her combos and punish her while she's performing them.
Big Band:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 2
Resistance - 5
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - 3
Big Band does well against Long-range Poke characters because of his Resistance and specials that can push the enemy towards him (Giant Brass)

Big Band does bad against Long-range Poke characters, Chaining characters and Mobility characters because they can easily combo out of him and kill him.
Double:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 3
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - 3
WIP

Valentine:
Mobility - 5
Poke - 4
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 4
Difficulty - 4
WIP

Squigly:
Mobility - 1
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 3
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 3
Chaining - 5
Difficulty - 5​
WIP

Parasoul:
Mobility - 3
Poke - 3
Long-Range Poke - 5
Resistance - 1
Grabs - 2
Chaining - 4
Dificulty - 5
WIP
THERE IS GONNA BE MORE CONTENT ON TEAM BUILDING (MAKING EQUILIBRATED TEAMS THAT CAN PUNISH EVERY MOVE THE ENEMY MAKES OR START COMBOS WITH EASE, RESET THEM). THANK YOU FOR READING SO FAR!

IsaVulpes

Oh I forgotten to write that out sorry, I'l replace it now, thanks!
Resistance and chaining are basically what I said, I just wanted to include them because they are the best points for Squiggly (Really good chaining, on of the best ones if not the best in my point of view) and Resistance for Big Band and Painwheel. The difficulty was made to show how hard this character is to master and not to say that you better not play them; I'll also mention that.

View619

Oh! I didn't found that thread though I'm sorry If I did something bad!

Dagwood

If you are going to say shit, which is just what you did, then you better not comment because you are not even going to help me with that. Thank you for reading though!

Last edited:
IsaVulpes

Oh I forgotten to write that out sorry, I'l replace it now, thanks!
Resistance and chaining are basically what I said, I just wanted to include them because they are the best points for Squiggly (Really good chaining, on of the best ones if not the best in my point of view) and Resistance for Big Band and Painwheel. The difficulty was made to show how hard this character is to master and not to say that you better not play them; I'll also mention that.

View619

Oh! I didn't found that thread though I'm sorry If I did something bad!

Dagwood

If you are going to say shit, which is just what you did, then you better not comment because you are not even going to help me with that. Thank you for reading though!

It's usually a good idea to keep similar discussions in one thread instead of making many. You could say what you think in the existing team building thread, and it should be fine.

Evaluating characters on weird arbitrary scales does nothing to help people understand the character, or their position in a team. I've seen it attempted in many other games, and in every single instance it's been tried it's been pretty much useless. From how you are describing characters, you are trying to fit them into really weird definitions that don't reflect the reality of how they exist in game.